Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Returning my Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 8:04:39 PM PST
David says:
Unit seems to be plagued. Won't connect to my TVs, stopped working with the keyboard, couldn't get Amazon Instant Video app to work(!), retrieving emails was difficult. Wanted to simply exchange the unit, but customer service made it such a frustrating difficult process that it was easier to return for a refund.
Not knocking Amazon...I have been very happy with their products and services and I will continue to be a customer. This time, however, they've simply dropped the ball.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:10:57 PM PST
Arual says:
David, that's so strange. Kindle Support is known for being great. Maybe... I think you should call back and get a different rep. Maybe the one you got was having a bad day or something.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:16:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:19:46 PM PST
I HATE MY KINDLE FIRE HD!! It won't show facebook in its entirety (on the day my dtr. got engaged!) It only lets you download a "free book" once per month, its apps won't show up, etc.
I waited over a year and saved Amazon g.c.'s for 2 years to get $225 to put toward it. I want to cry.
Sally

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:19:05 PM PST
No one else offers a free book each month.

Pretty much all fb apps are poor. Set silk to desktop view, clear the cache and use m.Facebook.com

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:20:36 PM PST
What is silk?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:21:58 PM PST
GnomeEd says:
Silk is Amazon's web browser for the Fire. Lots of people download Dolphin instead. You may be happier with that

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:23:45 PM PST
GnomeEd says:
The free bok once a month has nothing to do with the Fire itself, that is part of Amazon Prime which is mainly for free two day shipping. the book and movies are just extra add ons.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:32:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:39:46 PM PST
David says:
Hi Arual,
I spoke with two reps and tech support. Perhaps the first rep (who was nice, just....frustrating to deal with) was inexperienced. It shouldn't be a long, drawn-out process to get an exchange. She told me that it would be quicker and easier to return for a refund. When the tech called, he apologized for the problems and said he could have made the exchange hassle free. By that time my wife and I decided to research other tablet possibilities.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:36:35 PM PST
Arual says:
Oh, sorry for your trouble.

What a disappointment when something doesn't work right!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:41:51 PM PST
Haywood says:
I bought 5 KINDLE HD's. 3 of the 7" and 2 of the 8.9. So far, no problems
love the device.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:46:02 PM PST
David says:
That's great to hear!
I've seen it go both ways...some think it's the greatest and some, like me, are scratching their heads.
That being said, I LOVE my Kindle e-reader and won't trade it for anything else :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:46:26 PM PST
GnomeEd says:
5,3 and 2? One for each finger? lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1368 31 minutes ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Can't play downloaded videos without wi-fi connection 135 1 second ago
SwagBucks Thread 2016 577 4 minutes ago
Why don't kindle books start in the Cover? 199 8 minutes ago
kindle freetime text to speech?? 15 10 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2134 11 minutes ago
Frozen Kindle Paperwhite 77 14 minutes ago
Low internal storage space on Kindle Fire 555 18 minutes ago
books from the library are not down loading to my Kendel fire. 1 18 minutes ago
How long does the Fire battery last? 25 37 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions