Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Audible App on Fire vs. IOS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 1:25:47 PM PST
Eli P says:
Is there an update to the Kindle Fire Audible app? The functionality is sub par on the Fire version vs. the IOS app. Kind of odd considering Amazon owns Audible right?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:50:07 PM PST
Wondering says:
What do you mean by "subpar"? The Audible app on my Kindle Fire (original) looks and works the same way it does on my Android phone. What odes the iOS app do that the Fire one won't?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:58:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 1:59:30 PM PST
Eli P says:
Well thats why I'm hoping there is an app update that I'm missing. But, among my chief complaints are:
The seek slider does not stop where I tell it to, it jumps to a seemingly random place on the bar. IOS it stops right when I let go.
Starting the app fails often hangs the app and I need to tell it to wait rather than force close the app.
The fast forward/backward functions on IOS app actually plays a part of what is being skipped so you know where in the book you are.
There is additional swipe functionality on IOS that does not seem to be supported on the fire version.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 2:56:57 PM PST
Wondering says:
Hmmm. I have no idea what might be wrong. None of those things happen for me. It starts without a problem. The slider bar stops where it is when I lift my finger. And the fast forward and back buttons "speak" as they work. Sorry yours is misbehaving.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions