Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Baby Sale
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

PW question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 8:30:13 PM PST
dog lover says:
Love my new paperwhite but have yet to see how to know when the battery is getting low. Will it let me know?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:32:03 PM PST
There's a battery indicator up in the right hand corner of the home screen. But yes a message will pop up when it needs to be charged.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:40:36 PM PST
Jan Clark says:
Well My daughter was wondering the same thing.
Since she got it for Christmas,she really loves it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:42:55 PM PST
Jan Clark says:
Well,my daughter will be glad to know
that a message will pop-up letting her
Know that it needs to be Charged.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:47:28 PM PST
Tap the screen at the top--a header will appear that, among other things, will show the battery status in the upper right-hand corner.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:58:28 PM PST
MikeJW says:
I never let it get to that point where I get a message. I charge it frequently to ensure it is always charged.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 5:27:02 AM PST
dog lover says:
Yikes! Unless I'm reading the little battery indicator backwards, my battery is almost dead. Mostly black with a sliver of white? One week vs. eight weeks? Disappointed if this is the case.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 5:30:10 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Eight weeks is based on reading 30 minutes per day. Also, most people find the battery goes down quickly at first because you are doing a lot of clicking around and downloading books.
Recharging once a week is much, much better than smartphones and tablets.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 5:30:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 5:31:26 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
From the product page: A single charge lasts up to eight weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10. Our breakthrough power management technology allows you to leave the light on at all times for the best possible contrast without sacrificing battery life.

Also your battery life will be less when you first start adding books because all the books have to be indexed. That does take time and battery life.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 5:44:53 AM PST
dog lover says:
Thanks. I've looked at settings, etc, but haven't seen a way to turn off wifi if you can help with that. Anything else I should do to save battery life? BTW, I average 3 hours reading daily. My old Kindle2 battery lasts a couple or three weeks weeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 5:49:17 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
From your home screen tap the menu button (the three liines in the upper right hand corner. Tap Settings. See "Airplane Mode" -- turn it ON. That will turn the wifi off. ON means "I am in an airplane and should not use my wifi".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 5:56:28 AM PST
dog lover says:
thanks again, i should be all set now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions