Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire...multiples

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 8:42:49 AM PST
CAOmom says:
Hate to sound stupid but can I have more than 1 kindle fire so I can share it with my daughter? If so, will I have multiple accounts so we can have different content? We don't all like the same books.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:46:38 AM PST
Yes, you can have as many Kindles as you want. If there is any overlap in what you want on them, you need to put them all on one account, or you'll have to buy duplicates. Each device has access to all the books on the account, but each device only has on it the books that have been downloaded to it. My sister and I both use my account. Some of the books are on hers, some are on mine, and some are on both.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:47:02 AM PST
❤ Ann says:
Yes, you can have multiple Kindles registered to one account, and all can share the content in that account. My daughter and I share an account with four Kindles and a handful of Kindle apps.

If you don't want to share your Kindle content, you can do separate accounts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:47:17 AM PST
You can have multiple Kindles registered to one Amazon account but you cannot have one Kindle registered to multiple accounts.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:48:18 AM PST
G. McNeil says:
You have a few choices.

The cheapest way is to have both on the same account, then just download the content you want on each kindle. This works if neither of you have stuff you would rather keep private. The benefit is you buy a book once, and both can read it if you want.

OR, set up each on it's own account. Then, total seperation. The downside is if you buy a book (and it cannot be loaned) your daughter will have to buy another copy if she wanted it as well.

I know I will read a book, or my wife will, and talk about it so much, the other will go get it. Works for us to be on one account.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions