Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How do you archive a book on the Kindle app for Ipad?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2011 5:32:57 PM PST
Stogey says:
I have not been able to archive a recently read book on my Kindle app for my Ipad. I can go from archive to home but not home to archive.?

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 5:42:31 PM PST
You just remove it, you don't have to send it to the archive. If you bought it from Amazon it's always in the archive (just hidden when it's also on the device), and if you didn't, you can't send it there from the app.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 6:12:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2011 6:18:59 PM PST
Bridget Ruth says:
There should be an edit button on your app home screen. Push that and little red x's will show up next to all the titles. Push the x for the book you want to remove and it'll get sent to your archives.

Eta:
Ignore this if you have the latest app update. I hadn't used mine since then and it's different. In fact, now I can't figure out how to do it . . .

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 6:49:29 PM PST
fleaBe says:
from the list view, just swipe and the archive button should appear..haven't figured it out from cover view....

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 7:41:56 PM PST
Sarida says:
Right.

It has changed since the last update.

Make sure you are in the home screen. At the bottom of your screen (whether in list or cover mode) there should be a button that says, "Archive (All Items)." That will show you all your archived books.

If you are in the list mode, if you swipe a book to the left it will let you archive it. If you are in cover mode, just hold your finger down on the book title you want to archive and it will pop up an "X". Click it and the book will be removed to your archive.

If you are in the Archive section, just touch the title you want to be sent to your home screen and it will download. To return to the Home screen, there is the "HOME" button on the bottom of the archived list.

Make sense?

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 7:42:59 PM PST
Sarida says:
Also, the latest book added or the latest book opened will be at the top of your HOME screen. Your archived books are in alphabetical order.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 7:45:41 PM PST
CLS10 says:
From cover view just press on the book and a red x will appear.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2013 5:51:28 PM PST
bluheron says:
Thanks! So simple - but not intuitive, at least to me. Wish there was a little more in-app help available
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.5
67 7 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
You've reached the end of professional narration for this book. You can continue reading material that was not narrated. 13 41 seconds ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 1969 10 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - Wed/Thurs Oct 1 & 2, 2014 13 15 minutes ago
multiple kindle devices 18 16 minutes ago
RAoK #78 and still going! 8622 20 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat - Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2014 40 20 minutes ago
September Informal Poll--What are you reading now? 376 50 minutes ago
Reset Parental Control Password 206 51 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions