Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Do Apps Take Up More Space On The 8.9 KF-HD?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 4:42:38 PM PST
Rodster says:
I'm confused about this because of the higher resolution on the 8.9 KF. On the iPad 3 HD Apps took up more space on the retina display. So do HD Apps on the Kindle store take up more space?

I'm trying to choose between the 16GB and 32GB 8.9 KF.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:32:04 PM PST
Fud53 says:
A 10mg app takes up the same amount of space on any device. Just like 10lbs of apples weigh 10lbs no matter where you take them....on earth @ sea level...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 2:14:48 AM PST
D.L.C says:
That's not true. Developers making apps for the iPad 3 significantly boosted app (as well as magazines - See the size difference between wired for iPad 2 and Wired for iPad 3, it's ridiculous) size to deal with the increase in resolution. Basically, what Rodster is asking is if apps for the 8.9 are suffering the same size creep that apps for the iPad 3 suffered from the iPad 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:45:13 AM PST
Rodster says:
Yes that's what I was referring to and sorry for not explaining myself more clearly. I may go with the 32GB if this is the case.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:31:53 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Always go for the most storage you can afford is my motto. You can never have too much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:34:27 AM PST
While I do not know the answer, i will agree that people who own iPads are creeps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions