Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 4:16:22 PM PST
MARY NORMAN says:
Would i be able to download reading material from other sites

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:57:59 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 15, 2012 6:58:25 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:58:43 PM PST
sb631 says:
i was just coming here with a similar question. i downloaded a book from smashwords. it said it downloaded successfully, but i dont see it anywhere. i looked in my docs too but its not there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:49:17 PM PST
B. Marks says:
What format is the book in?

If it's in mobi format you should be able to read it. I've transferred books to my Kindle folder and read them on the Fire, as I recall. I'm sure I have on my other Kindles.

It may have gone to the Downloads folder and maybe it's not looked for there.

If none of this works you can always email it to yourself as a personal document and then it should work.

Barry

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:51:41 AM PST
sb631 says:
for me it was 2 books from smashwords. i downloaded the kindle version which is .mobi file. i read once that someone said to look in the archives...how do u do that?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:21:59 PM PST
MARY NORMAN says:
Hi it's PDF format

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:30:23 PM PST
sb631 says:
After so much confusion I figured it out. I had my files as mobi but I think this should work for PDF as well.

You can do it by sending it using the USb from your computer to kindle. Amazon has a page for that. If you need the link let me know. Or you can do the following, which is what I did.

(I downloaded the Kindle app for a PC. Im not sure if this step is mandatory of not. Not sure if it will work for PDF files. I know mobi it does. So you might be able to skip this. This way anything you download for your kindle is in the one app)

First you have to download the send to kindle device on your PC or MAC. Just search amazon and they tell you how to do that.

Then you will have to save the book or whatever it is on your computer. Once you do that and find the file right click it and it will have an option to send to kindle. And it should work!!

Hopefully this wasnt to confusing and good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:53:31 PM PST
MARY NORMAN says:
OK thanks for info
Just too many steps for me , so I will just find a 7 inch android tablet . I have 10 inch and I can download from other sites in PDF and wanted something smaller to fit in my purse and kindle price was in my price range

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:03:42 AM PST
@MARY: I have successfully moved ebooks onto the Fire HD by using My Computer and the USB cable connecting the two devices. Just copy the file.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:38:56 AM PST
sb631 says:
i know way to much for my liking as well lol. but you could use the USB cord. its alot easier!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 3931 2 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 3332 2 minutes ago
RAoK #78 and still going! 6016 3 minutes ago
frustrating language barriers w/support personnel 56 7 minutes ago
problem getting word definition/Wiki link to work 2 8 minutes ago
My kindle fire now wants an internet connection to play angry birds 75 8 minutes ago
Nonsense 13! We're the lucky ones. 1552 11 minutes ago
deleting cookies from my Kindle 2 13 minutes ago
why can't i log into netflix with another account on my kindle fire hd, 11 13 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions