Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Watching Ultraviolet on Kindle Fire HD?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 9:30:45 AM PST
Shopper9013 says:
I set up an ultraviolet account and added 2 movies to it. I can watch them no problem on my Macbook but can't get them to work on the Kindle Fire HD? Spider-Man gives me an error and Snow White and the Huntsman says I need flash.

Is the Kindle Fire HD unable to view ultraviolet movies or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2013 8:37:37 PM PDT
I just got my Kindle Fire HD. I assumed that Amazon would know what movies I bought, just as they do with my books. Instead I loaded a code for a movie that I bought for UV. Now when I try to watch it and it says I need to upgrade my flash and I have no idea which version of Flash I need to install... Please advise if you can. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2013 8:47:38 PM PDT
Deborah - Amazon does know what Amazon Instant Videos you own. They don't know about DVD's, etc. as far as the Fire goes.

If your digital copies are Ultraviolet copies, you can redeem them with Flixster and use the Flixster app to watch them on your Kindle Fire HD.

More info:
https://redeem.flixster.com/ultraviolet/

Flixster App:
Flixster

PocketBlu is another format:
pocket BLU

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 3:36:06 AM PST
Thank you for you post regarding an issue that is probably plaguing most Kindle Fire HD owners who have a Flixster or some other UV account. I've recently purchased my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and wanted to watch some of the movies I own that were downloaded to my UV accounts. When I tried to play them, I got the message that I need to update my Adobe Flash Player to a newer version. Before trying to download any new software that could potentially cause problems to my Kindle, I decided to play it smart and call Kindle Support. The Reps I spoke to advised me that Kindle no longer supports and Adobe software and would not provide a solution to my problem. I have Flixster on my Kindle HD already and it was definitely no help!
Please let me know what else I can do to play my movies! Thanks!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Deleting email account from Fire 16 55 seconds ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Super Hero Sisters, Panama, Many Furry Friends, Featuring Fat Jane the Spanx Wearing Goat, and Cherie! It's the Apocalypse! 7589 4 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 6368 4 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 5379 5 minutes ago
Amazon Kindles die after 1 year 105 12 minutes ago
Amazon Instant Video App (iPhone) 81 14 minutes ago
ECHO's of Friendship 991 14 minutes ago
RAoK Room 81 is ready to serve you..... 4589 17 minutes ago
Nonsense 13! We're the lucky ones. 2026 23 minutes ago
book order not confirmed 2 26 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions