Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on PlasmaCar
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Talk to text on Kindle Fire?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 27, 2012 8:43:17 AM PST
My friend just bought the Kinde Fire, awesome! I myself have the 3G wi/fi but not the touch favorite thing on MY Kindle i the text to talk feature, I now listen to a lot of my books and its great while driving as you can keep your hands on the wheel etc..having said that we have looked and looked and can't find the text to talk feature on their Kindle Fire? Does it not have that feature? If it does how do you access it?

Waiting for an answer:) thanks, beautifulnorth

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 8:44:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2012 8:45:24 AM PST
That feature is not available on the Fire. No word on when, if ever, it will be added. If you want your books narrated to you by a stoned robot, you'll have to stick with e-ink Kindles. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2013 9:46:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 12, 2013 9:46:37 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2013 9:47:43 PM PDT
What is the name of the app?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2013 9:49:19 PM PDT
Artist says:
The current Fires do have text to speech. Notice this post is almost 2 years old.

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 2:50:10 PM PDT
Is there a talk to text app for kindle

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2015 2:53:18 PM PDT
Do you mean text to speech where the Kindle reads to you? Or do you mean speech to text where you talk and the Kindle converts what you say to text?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2015 3:09:38 PM PDT
PS56k says:
yeah - kinda wondering the question... which way ?

On our iPad - there is an App called Dragon Dictation -
where you talk and it types.... does a pretty good job.

We had the PC software - Dragon Naturally Speaking - years ago when our son broke his wrist.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2015 3:19:32 PM PDT
If you mean an e-ink Kindle (not a Fire), those don't run apps and don't have any audio capability.

Posted on Nov 15, 2015 5:17:52 PM PST
Rosalie A. says:
How do I use voice to search only kindle fire 5?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2015 5:38:07 PM PST
Steve Thomas says:
The Kindle 3, later renamed the Kindle Keyboard, had text-to-speech capability, and also allowed you to load MP3s onto it. They would play the MP3s in the order you loaded them, and you couldn't select individual songs to the exclusion of others.
In many ways, it was better than Prime Music, since you could listen to music while reading, even where wifi was not available.
The current momochrome Kincles have had so much functionality removed that they are hndly worth carrying around, unlike the K3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2015 5:41:49 PM PST
Bufo Calvin says:
Rosalie, could you tell us a bit more about what you want to do? Are you trying to search for something on your Fire tablet by talking to it?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What's New in IOS Version 4.12?
56 3 days ago
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 Sep 18, 2015
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 Sep 18, 2015
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 9361 21 seconds ago
Colorado springs shooting....can you say false flag? That's what this is 2 30 seconds ago
SwagBucks Thread 8617 1 minute ago
Kindle Owner's Lending Library: how to tell if a book is eligible from the web 22 2 minutes ago
my kindle keeps shutting off during use. 137 4 minutes ago
Amazon hacked?? Copy of my email.... 432 5 minutes ago
Kindle / Audible Recommendations and Deals (KARD) 2783 6 minutes ago
Bluetooth on Kindle Fire HD 49 7 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jan 27, 2012
Latest post:  11 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions