Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

iTunes Content on the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2013 8:39:17 PM PST
Danny says:
I am considering buying the kindle Fire HDX as my first tablet and wondering how best to manage my desire to use some iTunes content on the Kindle. I do not have a particularly large selection of music, most of that is MP3s anyway, but I do have an interest in some of the iTunes University and other similar materials that are available there.

So for those of you that already have Kindles is the best option to manage your iTunes material through your PC and then download files to the Fire, or is there a particularly good application for the Kindle that allows you to access and manage iTunes and download material directly to the Fire?

Thanks in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2013 9:08:48 PM PST
Danny - The music files must be in MP3 format [for iTunes AAC (.m4a) will work, too] and unprotected. You can either transfer them via USB cable or upload them to the Cloud Player and then download or stream them from the Cloud.

USB cable - http://amazon.com/USBtransfer
Cloud Player - http://amazon.com/cloudplayer

Any other content you have from iTunes can only be accessed using an Apple device.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2014 12:25:27 PM PST
Rhonda Shult says:
How do I get my iTunes into the cloud that I purchased from the iTunes store and not amazon? My daughter's cd music comes up but none of my music. I want my music. The cloud player is only picking up her music that was bought from Amazon. i've always downloaded from iTunes.

Posted on Jul 17, 2014 5:20:47 PM PDT
But once you put your music in the cloud any changes you make to your playlists will not be imported. Who doesn't change their playlists?

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 12:24:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2014 12:26:11 AM PDT
Sazmcd says:
Don't, just don't, buy the Kindle Fire thinking it will work like a tablet. It is a pain and won't load anything that everyone else can just get at the touch of a button. I can't watch facebook videos, download an app that is only available on itunes, use Word-type software, find a decent notes app or, just today, download and use a particular app that is only avail on itunes, cos I can't get itunes to work on my Kindle.

I read books on mine - and for that you can get any old Kindle - or alternatively, you can get an ipad and download the Kindle and iBooks apps! My husband has that and it words perfectly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2014 12:34:34 AM PDT
Of course you can't use apps that are only available only on iTunes on a Fire. You can't use them on any Android device. You have to use an Apple device.

You need to use the Facebook app to watch videos - Facebook

Here are some great apps you can use with Word documents:
OfficeSuite Professional 8
POLARIS Office
Docs To Go Premium Key
WPS Office + PDF

Here's a great note taking app. There are tons of other apps for taking notes.
Evernote

If you're heavily investing in iDevices, I don't know why you'd buy an Android device and expect to be able to use your existing apps with it. You should stick with an iPad.

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 12:46:12 AM PDT
Sazmcd says:
Thanks for the links, Pineapple. They will be very helpful.

I don't really invest in anything - the Kindle Fire was a birthday present - I don't own anything from Apple myself but use a PC for work. I am a simple soul who just can't cope with clicking on a link and being told it won't work unless I do something technical. It's a bit harsh to be told off by you as if I have been super stupid. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2014 1:55:46 AM PDT
Denis Powell says:
It's unwise to post in an internet forum if you can't accept criticism when your errors are pointed out. I bought my Fire expecting it to work like an Android tablet and it does. I didn't expect it to be a substitute for an iPad.

I even have Google Earth, Google Maps and Google Chrome on mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2014 5:39:43 AM PDT
A. Dietz says:
Perhaps you should research the capabilities of the device better before you spout off about how it doesn't work the way you want it to work. Complaining that an Android device won't run apps from iTunes just demonstrates your clear lack of understanding about how the device works. That's not a problem with the device, it's a problem of you not knowing anything about the device you're complaining about.

Posted on Jul 20, 2014 11:59:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 21, 2014 12:00:03 AM PDT
Sazmcd says:
I guess I thought people were more friendly and would speak to them as if they were in the room. I'll bow out of this conversation now, thanks. Goodbye.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2014 3:26:49 PM PDT
Rhonda Shult says:
It is true that it doesn't work like a computer and may not be as usable as a regular tablet, however, I will say that it does way more than I ever expected it to do. I have found a useable note pad and word/excel application. I am also able to watch videos from Facebook. The only thing is I wish it would support adobe flash player. If it had that this would be the absolute bomb. Remember, the fire was meant to be a consumption tablet. And being from Amazon, of course they want to tie it to their products. But I was so surprised at what I could get on it. I am thrilled this this device.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2014 2:31:15 PM PDT
willy says:
Ive been trying to get i tunes on the kindle but. I cant

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2014 2:38:15 PM PDT
Snoozy says:
the software or the files?

iTunes is a computer program, not compatible with your kindle fire.

If you mean your music files, read the first response with links to information.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2014 2:56:58 PM PDT
The music files must be in MP3 format [for iTunes AAC (.m4a) will work, too] and unprotected. You can either transfer them via USB cable or upload them to the Cloud Player and then download or stream them from the Cloud.

USB cable - http://amazon.com/USBtransfer
Cloud Player - http://amazon.com/cloudplayer

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2014 7:27:48 PM PDT
jo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2014 7:30:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2014 7:31:34 PM PDT
jo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2014 7:36:11 PM PDT
A. Dietz says:
You had to dredge up a discussion that ended several months ago to insult someone?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2014 7:36:56 PM PDT
Sarida says:
I'm confused. Why did you pull up a four-month old thread to share this? Pineapple is always helpful - as demonstrated by this thread.

I, too, have always been confused why people spend hundreds of dollars on an electronic device only to complain that it does exactly what it is advertised to do!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2014 8:15:12 PM PDT
King Al says:
You need to read the posts again. The poster Pineapple was politely replying to was whining that iTunes apps wouldn't work on a Fire. The only rude person on this thread is YOU.

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 6:40:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2014 6:42:52 PM PST
W T F, guys, read the first post. He was asking HOW TO ACCESS his music, not complaining... That's why pineapple s post was rude....

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 6:44:05 PM PST
My bad didn't see his 2nd post since it was hidden...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2014 6:47:14 PM PST
iTunes MATERIAL (since we've resorted to shouting and nannying) is not the same thing as HOW TO ACCESS specifically music.

And if we're going get all judgmental about WHO'S RUDE, Pineapple, in fact, was not. So who does that leave?

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 8:38:34 PM PST
Charlie says:
I trying to run some assembly language programs for a DEC PDP8 on my Kindle Fire and they just won't work.

What a piece of garbage.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Update 4.9 Now Available
0 1 hour ago
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
60 8 days ago
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
May Informal Poll--What are you reading 419 25 seconds ago
We're So Quirky, Our Chihuahuas Ride Bicycles! So Geese and Tally Ho! 8589 56 seconds ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 220 2 minutes ago
kindle fire will not turn on even when plugged in 0 3 minutes ago
What happens someday if Amazon closes down kindle? 63 4 minutes ago
The Onion Blog 12 4 minutes ago
Music on Kindle Free Time? 42 7 minutes ago
Book doesn't work 14 9 minutes ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions