Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Problems with Kindle Fire charger wire?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2011 5:52:17 PM PST
Ksquared says:
Has anyone else noticed that their kindle fire charger wire is really loose once it's plugged in and wiggles back and forth? Our fire is doing that...customer service was awesome and sent a replacement BUT the new one has the same issue so we were thinking it was a design thing maybe? Thanks

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 6:09:52 PM PST
Vikki P. says:
Are you talking about the Fire connection or the outlet connection? My Fire connection is very sturdy and secure, but I have several outlets throughout my house that are actually quite loose when ANYTHING is plugged into them.

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 6:24:49 PM PST
I agree with Ksquared, the connection into the Fire doesn't fit very well. It feels cheap. I recently purchased a USB data cable for my Fire and its connection is very nice, glides right in and sits there like it was made for it, unfortunately while it allows transfer of data it doesn't appear to work as a charger. (3ft Brand NEW Sync/Charge Micro USB Data Cable for Amazon Kindle Fire / HP TouchPad Tablet PC - Abacus24-7 Brand) I purchased it here on Amazon. I think its a design thing. This is the only Kindle product I own but have read many bad reviews about the A/C adaptor cables that come with the various models. It seems they still haven't worked that out yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012 5:55:45 PM PST
C. Markel says:
I just noticed my Fire is doing this and I've only had it since Christmas. I guess I'll need to call customer support.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 1:57:21 PM PST
acidead says:
I completely agree with Ksquared on this situation. The charger wire that connects to the kindle fire female to male connector is strangley loose, which wiggles back and forth. I wonder if it is a design failure myself, I will contact Amazon customer service and look for a situation. Hopefully, they will make a better design and have it at affordable price.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 2:00:37 PM PST
Swillsh says:
Mine is loose now too. It's becoming difficult to charge, as a result of this. It seems to me that the spot where it plugs in is further back, if that makes sense.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 2:00:51 PM PST
Meya says:
Mine is a bit sloppy too. It charges fine though.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 2:06:51 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 7:52:08 PM PST
dbaeunn says:
Ive only had mine since Christmas too.. same problem

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 7:59:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2012 8:05:49 PM PST
D. Shoop says:
Found this discussion when looking to see if I was the only person with a loose kindle fire innie that won't charge. Ugh. Looks like I'll be calling. Anyone know if it's the outtie part or the innie part that is screwy?

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 11:04:25 AM PST
sally says:
i was having the same issue so i called customer service. they made it sound like the connection between the kindle and the charger should be a bit loose, but mine was falling out with any movement.
they sent me a new charger and, it is still loose, but doesn't fall out.
so.... i would advise you all to call customer service ASAP

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 11:16:32 AM PST
Hi Ksquared,

I had the same issue with my Kindke charger and the replacement that was sent works beautifully I would contact Amazon Kindle CS for more info

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 6:11:03 AM PST
David Bowers says:
I have the same problem and now it won't charge unless you hold it in a specific position. I'm very disappointed

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 6:49:32 AM PST
KLmom says:
I've had our Fire since 11/15/11, and only in the past month or so I've noticed the same problem--so it wasn't loose from the get-go. The metal thingie or whatever it's called in the Kindle that the charger cable plugs into is now loose and I can jiggle it back and forth (left to right, right to left), enough so to make me worried. I know it wasn't loose like this before! Even though I can still charge my Fire successfully for the time being, I'm worried that I'm going to have problems down the road. I would think that I'd need to send back the Fire itself and not just the charger for a replacement because it is the thing inside the Fire that's loose, not the charger. Ugh!

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 9:32:51 PM PST
I've had my kindle fire for just a few days and the connection already is a bit loose and has to be jiggled to charge correctly...I should call as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 7:38:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2012 7:39:01 AM PST
David Bowers says:
I just received a new replacement on Friday because of the charging problem and the connection is already loose and has to be moved to just the right position to charge. Forget using the thing and charging it at the same time

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 7:40:28 AM PST
David Bowers says:
Call customer service and they'll send you whole new set up.

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 6:32:43 PM PDT
Seeker says:
My daughter's Kindle Fire is having the same issue: the Kindle connection is very, very loose and unless you wiggle and lay something gently on it to get it pressing the right direction, it won't charge. She is having a hard time doing that herself so I have to do it.

The other two Kindle Fires we have are charging okay but I noticed they feel loose as well so I'm wondering if they are going to be doing this soon too.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 5:00:07 PM PDT
This is true of both my original Fire and the replacement. In fact, the second Fire is worse off than the first. Such disappointment as I like everything else about my Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 4:42:09 PM PDT
yahh..my kindle does that too! I have to lean it against the wall and move it around a LOT to even get it to charge and then sometimes it just stops charging and i have to move it again!! So mad. Advice: call customer service.. it's easy..you just give them your e-mail address, and username. They will probably send you a new charger first, and if that doesn't work, a new kindle.

Posted on May 8, 2012 1:26:31 PM PDT
FlAmInGoS says:
Yes! The same thing happens to me! I got it on Christmas, 2 months later it stops working. I get a replacement, 2 months later, same thing happens to me!
I would not recommend getting a kindle fire!

Posted on May 24, 2012 8:31:15 PM PDT
Patrick B. says:
same issue, i have to push up on the connection into the device to get it to charge, but I don't know if the charger is broken or the port into the device

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 8:49:18 PM PDT
David Bowers says:
That's exactly right...

Posted on May 25, 2012 11:30:27 AM PDT
sharon says:
Yes mine is loose to, don't you think kindle should do something about it with all these complaints like send out a free cord replacement that fits better.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 5:08:06 PM PDT
I sure do! I am going to complain, mine does the same thing. I have to prop it up on something. Still usually doesn't work well! I think I am going to sent it back
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle for Android 4.6
52 2 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Software Update 5.4.5.1
54 5 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 23 days ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAoK #78 and still going! 2752 1 minute ago
I found out how to fix the question mark over battery symbol on the Kindle Fire!! 149 1 minute ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 3564 6 minutes ago
Kindle Daily Deal 7 14 minutes ago
Windows 8 kindle app sync issue 9 17 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 115 20 minutes ago
How to put wallpaper on your kindle fire hd? 123 22 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions