Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

"normal"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 94 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 12:21:12 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:28:31 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
what ads are you talking about?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:46:42 AM PST
The Artist says:
If you listen to the rest of the commercial, it tells you what it means by the new normal. The options on the Kindle, all the movies, everything you have access to.

Or are you too busy coming up with homophobic slurs to listen to an entire one minute commercial?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:47:10 AM PST
WakkyWabbit says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:30:02 AM PST
Fud53 says:
Nope...just to confuse idiots....

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:35:03 AM PST
I don't like the new commercial, but I didn't read anything like that into it.

I don't like the commercial because I think it has the same sort of pretentious, smirky, smug tone that Apple commercials have -- Amazon shows off their latest product and calls it the new normal; Apple shows off theirs and says that apparently the laws of physics are just guidelines.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:37:37 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:42:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 2:07:13 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Yup, a homophobe..... Also I would like to know where you came up with that percentage.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 3:58:08 AM PST
Fascinating reasoning. So me not being gay means I should feel alienated because Jeff Bezos thinks it's a good idea to make sure gay people can enjoy the same rights I do?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:34:13 AM PST
Cluny says:
Prime example why dogs are far superior to some people. They don't discriminate against others, don't see color, ethnicity, sexual preference. They only know and thrive in love and come from a place where love is love. Not gay, but if homophobia is Christianity, (which it isn't in my book), you can keep it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:44:40 AM PST
R. D. Clark says:
Yes, and posting on this forum will make you gay. You should stay far, far away from here. Go buy a chicken sandwich.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:59:47 AM PST
Cluny says:
R.D.
No, didn't you know , eat a chicken sandwich and before long you start to cluck like a homophobe and review books that you never read.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:16:40 AM PST
G. McNeil says:
OK, this might be the correct thread for a question that has bothered me for some time.

First, I am not gay (that I know about), and, according to my lovely bride, I am not normal. That leaves me with no options.

So, my question - Assume I am gay, then is that not normal for me? And, if you are not gay, then you, of course, would not be normal according to me.

Normal is very confusing...

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:32:54 AM PST
Cluny says:
G.McN
Great question! You are not female so you are not normal to me or your "lovely bride ". I and your bride are not male so we are not normal to you. However we accept each other in our commonality as human beings.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:33:58 AM PST
Who wants to be normal anyway!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:52:21 AM PST
Frank Tuttle says:
I'm going to beat the rush and put the OP on ignore right now.

Bye! It'll be nice NEVER hearing from you ever again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:56:48 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Where did you come up with that number?

I am not gay but I am not alienated by the donation Bezos (not Amazon) gave in support of the gay marriage amendment. I'm glad it passed even though I'm not gay and don't live in Washington.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:01:46 AM PST
Willow3§3 says:
Yes. The new Fires are for Gays ONLY. And purchasing one will make you have a crush on the girl at the checkout counter of your local convenience store. RUN! Run for the hills!!111!!

(Do people really not yet know that this is the 21st century?) Buy an abacus. Gays hate those. *plonk*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:04:11 AM PST
Maybe to get you to post silly questions comments.

I am not gay, and I do not feel alienated because someone donated personal money to a cause they believed in.

I do, however, find your generalization that all heterosexuals have been alienated by this to be fairly rude and offensive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:05:47 AM PST
I agree. Some of my gay friends are gay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:07:01 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
and some of my heterosexual friends are gay and some of my gay friends are not gay

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:09:35 AM PST
Yes. Didn't you get the memo? If you bought one, congrats. You're now gay, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:09:47 AM PST
Willow3§3 says:
Ditto on the heterosexual friends comment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:10:20 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Is this part of the agenda?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:10:55 AM PST
My best guy friend tells people that he has lesbian tendencies. :0)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  94
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions