Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #2

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 10:47:49 AM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
AR- grabbed this one. tyvm. ♫

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 10:49:47 AM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
CJ - I got mine colored yesterday!! That make me a day older than you. LMHOROTF Have a fine day!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 10:53:54 AM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Thanks Miss M, I have another Stephanie Bond book. Haven't read any yet. Did get The Reunion too!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 11:15:08 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
Yes, Linda. Just enter the BIOS setup and turn the touchpad back on later.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 11:17:35 AM PDT
PegB says:
Dix - thanks for the link. I was always a little scared of mt. goats. Think I would love to shoot at one with paint balls...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 11:19:38 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Hey Mit...thanks for Almost a Family (a feel-good romance)............. and .........Reunion, The: A Novel.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 11:21:35 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Carol.....sounds great to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 11:22:20 AM PDT
PegB says:
Sandra - my SPecial Offers stopped working for a while. I actually missed them. About once a month something I want shows up... At least on the Kindle KB special offers are very unobtrusive.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 11:24:17 AM PDT
PegB says:
Miss Mitford - thanks for the Stephanie Bond book... I can only stand so much sweetness - but it is always nice to have a book like that around for rainy day blues.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 11:29:49 AM PDT
Sandra says:
I love Michael Connelly. His books aren't reduced often.
Trunk Music (Harry Bosch) by Michael Connelly......Now today....$2.99...........was 5.99 or 7.99 don't exactly remember.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 1:08:35 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Peg, special offers on Touch are unobtrusive too. I like having them there. Some of the offers are interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 1:14:00 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Thanks Doug I'm going to give it a try!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 1:17:13 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Sandra, have you read Lincoln Lawyer? Did you like it?? I have it in a DTB. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 1:33:06 PM PDT
I read it. Loved it. Great movie if you like sexy lawyers.
OK, I don't add much but I read each post and love everyone of you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 1:54:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2012 3:21:11 PM PDT
Sandra says:
Lady.....I did read The Lincoln Lawyer: A Novel (Mickey Haller) by Michael Connelly from my local library. Enjoyed it very much. You won't be disappointed. Every time I run across this book I immediately think "John Grisham."

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 2:13:21 PM PDT
Hi guys, from 2-6 PM (PDT) Kindle Accessories are the lightning deals - looks like some covers are coming up after this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 3:51:41 PM PDT
Just catching up, Dix. Sorry to hear the prednisone's keeping you down - hope you'll be able to taper off after this next week, and then maybe the side effects will go away too? Love the pic, but, yeah, next time you should get the cut for *you.* Personally, I gave up bangs ever since I got hold of some scissors when I was around 5 and cut 'em myself. Now I just let the pros take care of everything. But layering's always good...
;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 3:53:13 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Joann, thanks for info. Sexy anything is likeable :-) well maybe not everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 3:57:07 PM PDT
Not sure about that one, LH. I know Mathew McConaughey played Mickey Haller in the movie version of The Lincoln Lawyer - sadly, he is one actor who's gone from sexy to scary for me. Lately he looks anorexic.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 3:58:22 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Thanks Miss M. ♫. ♫

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 4:29:19 PM PDT
Brendaisy says:
I've been busy cleaning the sewing room after the costume/doll clothes marathon. Still have a much to do but at least I got the floor cleaned, now to uncover my cutting table, and 3 machine cabinets is tomorrow's chore. I've been listening to Stephanie Bond's Drive South series. First was 'Baby Drive South' now I'm on 'Baby Come Home'. I recently finished the first 2 audio books of Fern Michael s 'Kentucky' series. I'm on the waiting list for the third book. I got them from the e-book project my local library offers. I find myself staying on task more when listening to an audio book, I'm not constantly looking to see what's on the tube, or fiddling with music cds. I am reading 'Sacred Sins' by Nora Roberts. It took me a few chapters to get "into" the story-line I'll finish it eventually.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 4:45:03 PM PDT
Dix,
Not sure if you're still reading Russell Blake (or if you'll even see this--hope you're doing better), but he has a new series out, with one title free today:

JET (JET #1)

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 5:26:16 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Sounds interesting !!Lancelot's Lady
OBTW, I FINALLY got Calibre to work. I have 4 books downloaded. Before I spend anymore time, thought I'd ask the expert BAAA family. Do you have to download each book individually? Now I want to know how to categorize them i.e. Romance, mystery, cookbooks etc. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I can't remember one of you was trying to get it to work like I was - and I kept at it -- today I decided I'd work on it one more time. This morning I was VERY frustrated. Everything I read said it was 'so simple' yeah right!! Anyway, I finally found this site 'MobileReadForums' and the instructions were - "Device View > Select Books to Add > Right Click on the book to add > Choose "Add to Library. This worked for me ♫ Yay!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 5:43:34 PM PDT
PegB says:
LadyHawk - I think Dix and I both putzed around with Calibre until we figured out how to make it work. My version has a red book with a plus sign - clicking on that lets me select books to add. I can add more than one at a time.

In my version - once I get them in the computer I edit the meta data individually. I get descriptions, new covers sometimes, and add "Tags" myself. Dix and I both spent rather a lot of time getting all of our stuff in Calibre - since my initial load - I usually add new books to Calibre once a week.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 5:48:28 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Peg, when I select the Red Book with + sign, a pull down menu comes up and wants me to select a directory and I tried that route several time to no avail. It would take me to my folders but there was no way I could select my books. Anyway, the above method seems to be working. I downloaded the latest version of calibre, version 9.0 today thinking maybe that would make a difference. I was just reading about meta data - and some folks use a plug in from Goodreads and use their tags for the books. I'll play around now that I 'think' I have it working. Downloading to calibre doesn't take it off your Kindle does it? Haven't checked that out. :-) Thanks Peg - you are the best and better than the rest. ♥
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Kindle Fire HD - ethernet adaptor 152 25 seconds ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 9659 46 seconds ago
new purchase 3 1 minute ago
Kindle Repair??? 420 1 minute ago
lending library 2 3 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2264 3 minutes ago
Kindle Fire cannot connect to internet 787 7 minutes ago
Thoughts on "Discount Reviewers" 19 7 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1673 12 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 8676 14 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions