Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

RAOK, the big "4 0"

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2601-2625 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 4:59:14 AM PDT
Denise says:
worthwhile to the point of spilling over :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:00:11 AM PDT
Denise says:
maybe we should start digging a tunnel?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:00:56 AM PDT
You have been reading too much Dumas.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:03:29 AM PDT
Yeah, now that you mention it, the Atlantic is sort of 'pesky'... always in the way, and always interfering with my plans. I'd love to have a brunch date with you. Maybe we could meet halfway - in Iceland. Iceland is near the top of my bucket list (took a semester course on the sagas inn grad school and never completely recovered).

:-D

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:05:18 AM PDT
K-Dub says:
Maybe if we all buy a bunch of concrete... and drop it in the atlantic, we can make a giant bridge!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:06:15 AM PDT
I may be planning and Iceland trip (it's Iceland or the Faroes) in autumn, so let's start organising!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:08:52 AM PDT
Denise says:
true ;)

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 5:11:27 AM PDT
NL, Loyalty is free today. I got it from the KOLL for June, but haven't read it yet. No idea if it's good or not, but as you can guess from the title, it's about someone we're both interested in (no, his name does not begin with 'F'!).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:12:53 AM PDT
Thank you, it is winging its way to my baby kindle as I write.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:16:46 AM PDT
I bought it too, even though I already borrowed it from the KOLL... It was something like $7-10, so free is a good price although I'm always hesitant about historical fiction and even moreso if it's about RIII.

OK, dear friends, I'm off... meeting Mom for breakfast and a shopping spree. It's called having fun on vacation!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:18:44 AM PDT
Have fun and say Hi to your mum:) I remember her from the tiki party;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:18:53 AM PDT
Denise says:
enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:19:59 AM PDT
Yes, it is - I liked that part very much, too!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:23:11 AM PDT
LOL - I have to admit I devoured both the Twilight quartet and the 50 shades trilogy, but they were in the train wreck category, I just couldn't _not_ look;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:25:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 5:27:54 AM PDT
LOL, I read the Twilight books, and actually enjoyed them for the fluffy goodness they were. I couldn't even get through the first 50 Shades book; it just didn't hold my interest.

ETA: I call books that have no literary value "fluff."

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 5:27:30 AM PDT
Well, Hello there RAOKers, another day, FRIDAY!! weekend is almost here. Yesterday was not my forum day, it seems every single time I came in the room was empty and I had barely missed all the chatter. Hmph! So, hopefully today I can time it properly. :-)

How is everyone doing this morning?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:28:29 AM PDT
Hi, Jess! I'm on for a little bit before starting my day. How's FL today?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:31:01 AM PDT
No literary value? I know several 15-year olds who would kill you for that statement! I enjoyed them, too, but sat back afterwards thinking "why on _earth_ did I enjoy that?". I like to imagine this means I have the ability to enjoy a broad range of literature...

To me, your "fluff" is "chewing gum" - no actual calorie content, no nutrition and no real flavour - and involving mindless activity. AKA "popcorn books".

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:31:20 AM PDT
Hiya, Jessiegirl!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:36:47 AM PDT
Denise says:
((((Sweet Pea)))) happy Friday!

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 5:36:50 AM PDT
K-Dub says:
Time for me to head out. =) Have a great day everyone!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:37:12 AM PDT
LOL! I like "popcorn books!"

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 5:37:48 AM PDT
I'm off to start my day. Try to behave yourselves; I'll be back later to check in. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:38:32 AM PDT
Denise says:
I like that term. Terms, I guess. I like chewing gum books from time to time, though I have no interest in either the Twilight or 50 Shades books...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:38:43 AM PDT
Denise says:
later, Kim :)
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  56
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jun 30, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions