Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books - Monday, February 20, 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 301-310 of 310 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 10:59:59 AM PST
Grandma says:
Oh you and me both! When I was a teenager and young woman the equivalent was Summer's Eve douche. I happened to be at my Dad's one day just as he was making a sandwich when one of those came on. I swear he almost threw up on the table - and that is about how I feel about the ED commercials today. Luckily, I don't watch much TV and there is a mute button. Now, ifI could only convince the spammers that I really do NOT have any use for a penis enlargement

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 11:42:49 AM PST
I already looked at the product description. Looks very interesting, so I must remember to look for it Friday.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 12:30:19 PM PST
Grammiam says:
Grandma, I am sitting in a hotel room laughing out loud !!! Thanks for making my day!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 12:35:01 PM PST
Grandma says:
I'll put up a reminder in the Free Books of the day thread if you would like. Can I tell you how much I love the "reminder" and "alarm" feature on my iPad? I made a huge pot of stock yesterday but by 9 pm when I couldn't keep my eyes open even one more minute it still hadn't cooled off enough to put in the fridge. Set an alarm on the iPad, which charges next to my bed, and the light when the screen came on was enough to get me up to put it away. (I don't hear sound alarms for the most part but the slightest change in the light will wake me up like a flash.)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 2:45:27 PM PST
Grammiam says:
Grandma, please tell me how to find those applications on the iPad. Hubby couldn't figure out the bedside alarm last night, so had to leave a wake up call. iPad way sounds nicer.
Oh, and please have a safe 'move' the end of the month. Hope you find something you like. Talk about stress.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 2:51:06 PM PST
Grandma says:
I have a couple of apps that do this Perm48. Reminders came installed on your iPad. All you need to do is open it up, then hit the plus sign to set up your reminder. Make sure you go into options to choose things like sound. This is the one I use for things like reminding me that a certain author's book will be free on a certain day, doctor's appointments and that sort of thing.

The other app I have that does this that I use frequently is called Night Stand. That one you can open up the Apps store app on your iPad and type "Night Stand" into the search box. Night Stand will also give you weather, your facebook feed, and a couple of other things. Very nice music/sounds and it will nag you if you are the type that needs that. Great for getting you up in the middle of the night. I also use it to remind me of Vine days so I don't miss out on the "good stuff" and be stuck with single candy bars and labels.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 3:17:22 PM PST
Grammiam says:
Thank you so much. My son didn't give me much in the way of instructions when he gave me his iPad (when he got the ipad2). He just said "it is very user friendly Mom. You can figure it out". At 63 I am struggling with it. I really appreciate your help.
By the way, I have seen you speak of Vine. What is it? See, I really am a dummy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 3:41:15 PM PST
Grandma says:
Vine is a group of reviewers that Amazon runs Perm48. Nobody knows how anyone is chosen for Vine but once you are you're sent several books or products each month to review.

Re learning your way around your iPad, go to the iBooks app on your screen, click the button in the top left margin that says store and hunt up the iPad users guide. It is free. It will say iPad2 but that is ok - just ignore the bits about the camera.

While you are hunting up apps, grab the PBS app which will let you wa,tech PBS both live and the archives of their shows. I'm making my way through Baking With Julia.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 3:55:58 PM PST
Grammiam says:
Grandma, I looked up the Night Stand app, and there are quite a few, ranging from free to .99 to 1.99. Which do you suggest? Thanks again.
Found the user guide and reminders! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 4:04:10 PM PST
Grandma says:
Mine is named exactly Night Stand Perm48. There is a free version and a paid version. I initially got the free then upgraded it.
‹ Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 5648 2 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 221 7 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9574 9 minutes ago
Kindle book I paid for suddenly not available to read on Kindle 67 29 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1904 37 minutes ago
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 10 44 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 8793 51 minutes ago
Gifting a Kindle 6 1 hour ago
Best Stylus for the Paperwhite 2 1 hour ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2281 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  83
Total posts:  310
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions