Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat - Monday, April 23, 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-367 of 367 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:00:14 AM PDT
Grandma says:
OMG Moggy K! I am flabbergasted she hasn't been sent off to a mental ward. Oh, wait. - Massachusetts did away with those. But yes, she more than obviously has severe emotional issues. I am very glad that none of my personal data is on my profile and I'm thinking those of you who commented had better remove anything on yours. This woman is really off the wall.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:07:00 AM PDT
I said she needed to see a doctor . . . (I actually was not being snarky -- well, maybe a little snarky, but mostly serious.)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 10:21:37 AM PDT
Moggy K says:
I thought about that too, I guess I should go and check mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 10:28:22 AM PDT
liz bennet says:
How did she not get fined or thrown in jail for contempt of court???

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 10:32:37 AM PDT
Grandma says:
You certainly could hold her up as a prime example of disparate treatment within the judicial system. You or I would have long since been in jail.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 10:54:19 AM PDT
Most judges would have her tuchus in a cell. But maybe they knew she was "not responsible," to put it politely.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 10:56:18 AM PDT
liz bennet says:
After reading the whole document, I see she has been fined and jailed, but for other offenses. She's a raving lunatic.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:07:32 AM PDT
greyhounded says:
*Perhaps* the esteemed former lawyer is suffering from some sort of neurological or age-related disorder and thus is medically not responsible for her behavior or verbal outbursts.

Or possibly she is competent and is truly a legend in her own mind.

I have been so very, very tempted review her book using the same criteria as she employed in her senseless review.

I wonder why her review is still up. Certainly enough people have reported the abuse to Amazon. What gives?

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:20:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 11:20:42 AM PDT
liz bennet says:
We need a Crazy Barbara Thread...
I went through and looked at all the 5-star reviewers of her book Behind the Black Robes: Failed Justice (NOT FREE)...of note:

Reviewer 1: This is the only book they have ever reviewed.

Reviewer 2: Has only reviewed books he loved. He used his review here to plug the judge's appearances on Blog Talk Radio.

Reviewer 3: This is the only book they have ever reviewed. And in it, they mention "Kangaroo" as in kangaroo court, one of the judge's favorite terms, if you've read the quotes from her disbarment.

Reviewer 4: This is the only book they have ever reviewed.

Reviewer 5: Have reviewed 2 books, but the other review was more like feedback "condition wasn't what I expected"...

Reviewer 6: Only negative review, was jumped on by most of the other reviewers in the list. Almost all addressed her as Ms. Tipton...

Reviewer 7: This is the only book they have ever reviewed.

Reviewer 8: Has reviewed 2 books, adored them both

Reviewer 9: This is the only book they have ever reviewed.

Reviewer 10: Is a crusader, all books reviewed relate to fathers, divorce, or custody except one that he claimed he sent to his daughter but has no idea if she received as his ex won't communicate with him.

Reviewer 11: This is the only book they have ever reviewed. Other items are an apparently worthless ice cream scoop, a fridge, and wipers for his Beetle.

It's interesting that a high number of reviewers returned to view their reviews, saw the lone negative response, and felt compelled to bash the reviewer. One of them had read and reviewed the book almost 3 months before...odd, no?

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:24:04 AM PDT
greyhounded says:
It's all circumstantial evidence, I tell ya. All. Circumstantial. Evidence! ;-D

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:38:12 AM PDT
liz bennet says:
One last thing about Judge Nutjob...
She did not leave a review for the other "Apothecary's Daughter"...if she read it and thought it so vastly superior, why didn't she leave a nice review?

Couldn't be her 1-star was just out for hire, could it?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:45:40 AM PDT
Moggy K says:
lol - Yep, we could dedicate an entire thread to her.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:58:03 AM PDT
Josie says:
Somebody did review her book, using Ms. Johnson's bad review as the basis for her own review. I think it posted yesterday, for her other book. I found it to be quite entertaining!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 3:05:04 PM PDT
Very odd.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 3:05:33 PM PDT
Circumstantial evidence is what wins cases. People aren't all dupes.
Your reply to Amazon Customer's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 3:09:20 PM PDT
Grandma says:
Something tells me that a whole lot of those "reviewers" might in fact be her alter egos.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 5:51:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 9:01:20 PM PDT
Robin says:
Wow, Y'all are good. That was a very interesting read. Takes all kinds..

There should be a Slueth thread. Some of the folks here certainly have a talent for spotting fakes and court adjudicated "wackadoo's" :-)

TC, Robin
‹ Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  77
Total posts:  367
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions