Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Announcement

Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3726-3750 of 10000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 1:40:40 AM PDT
Avid. Sounds like a fun trip you have planned to Mo. Driving or flying? Don't know where you live so not sure of distances involved. Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 7:00:13 AM PDT
If I purchase a Kindle Fire, will my previous Kindle's library be automatically transferred or shared with the new device?

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 7:03:13 AM PDT
Q says:
Yes, your purchased books (library) will be available for download on the new Kindle *if* both Kindles are registered to the same Amazon account.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 5:00:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 10, 2013 9:11:57 PM PDT]

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:44:33 PM PDT
Have just purchased a Kindle Fire and after charging overnight and trying to use it I find it continualy shuts down and reverts back to the start up or home page. I hve been careful to check that I have not touched the power button by mistake, have tried registering but cant get through that stage without it shutting down again, I have checked the setting to time out after 1 hour so its not that either and battery is fully charged. Does someone have any Ideas out there as I am ready to return the product.

Posted on May 24, 2012 6:04:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2012 6:04:34 PM PDT
Well I just unpacked my new amPen, that I just received in the mail today. I like though I am still getting used to it. I did notice that it only takes a light touch. So that I can see that the people complaining about the tip falling off, must have really been jamming it into the screen.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 6:10:55 PM PDT
@Mr. Brendon Bryan O'Leary

The first thing that I would try is a hard reset. Press and hold the power button for a full 20 seconds, count to 20 slowly as you do this.

Then let it set for a moment. Then start your Kindle Fire up.

Please let us know if this fixes your problem.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 6:34:40 PM PDT
Kindleman says:
Hello. I just purchased my Kindle, but I have not heard or seen anything posted in regards to battery life expectancy. Anybody has any information? Can battery be replaced or is it a fixed internal that once it goes "that's all she wrote". Is it too soon to know?

Posted on May 24, 2012 6:42:15 PM PDT
What kind of Kindle did you purchase?

Posted on May 24, 2012 6:52:51 PM PDT
Kindleman says:
It is a Kindle Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 7:56:47 PM PDT
It has a one year warranty. I have heard a couple of complaints that might be related to the battery. But Li-ion batteries seem to be reliable. I would not give It a lot of thought.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 7:58:27 PM PDT
Kindleman says:
Thanks Michael.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 2:35:11 AM PDT
Had just enough time to hard reset before it shut down again. Started it up and had a quick check............all back to factory defaults, as the time needed resetting, this and gain an internet connection is by the way the only thing I have been able to do since receiving the Kindle Fire as it has been shutting down all the time after less than a minute or twos use then goes back to home page or just the Kindle FIRE PAGE.
So to sum arise -
1. Have tried restarting after holding on/off button for 20sec several times.
2. Have checked and rechecked that battery is charging and device is fully charged.
3. Have reset the device to factory default in the menu.
None of these have helped and I have only had the device 2 days which have been spent trying to get it to work without shutting down and restarting automatically after a minute or sometimes a few seconds. I have also been careful that the on/off has not been bumped or touched by mistake.
Any other ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 3:23:59 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Mr. O'Leary, I cannot help you with your problems but the guys here are great. I received my K-F as a gift and it has been 100% problem free. I came here to ask questions that I probably could have found answers to and always a polite, accurate solution. I do so hope you soon have the same experience. I just want you to know that in my circle there are five of us who got them before the first of the year and none of us have had a faulty device, so best wishes.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 4:29:43 AM PDT
Mr. Brendan Bryan O'Leary

At this time were I you. I would contact customer service, so that you can arrainge to have your Kindle Fire replaced.

I wish that I could come up with some magic, but it sounds as though you actually have a defective device.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 12:54:06 PM PDT
Mr. Brendan, I don't know if this is your problem but when i first got my KF and didn't know much about it I had this same prob. when I called cs I found out that sometimes the plug to the charger does not always fit properly into the power port and thus may not be inserted all the way. When I first got my KF I did notice that the connector was a bit tight so I was trying to be careful and did not want to force it. This may not be your prob. but it was mine. If the charger IS plugged in correctly and the charger is not malfunctioning there will be an orange LCD light glowing next to the ON button when charging. Sherry

Posted on May 25, 2012 12:55:46 PM PDT
Hello again Michael

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:06:52 PM PDT
Shy says:
Is there a way to change the screen to read outdoors in sunlight?

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:27:53 PM PDT
Shy: The Fire is a backlit screen. If the ambient light is greater then the backlighting, it will not be readable. This is true of all devices using this technology including Ipads. If you turn the brightness to full and try to shade the screen you may be able to read, however not very well. When reading a book you can also try switching to white text on a black background. While in a book, tap the Aa and you can choose from 3 different settings for the text screen color. If outdoor reading is something you do frequently you would do well with an eink model Kindle. These are readable even in direct sunlight. You could pickup a $79 version to use when outdoors and keep your Fire due to it's ability to do so much more than just a reader. Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:29:00 PM PDT
Michael

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:29:10 PM PDT
Joanne

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:29:27 PM PDT
Retired Peddler

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:29:43 PM PDT
Avid Reader

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:29:55 PM PDT
affinity

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:30:16 PM PDT
and the winner is.......
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Software Update 5.4.5
20 9 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
114 10 hours ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Kindle Battery help? 10 2 minutes ago
Kindle unlimited selection 13 3 minutes ago
raok 77 - a glimpse of heaven? 8514 4 minutes ago
Selling out? 27 9 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 1756 12 minutes ago
Tales for the Trail by Morgan Maine ebook 11 13 minutes ago
Kindle HD 7" 2 15 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 3624 17 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  1164
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 77 customers

Search Customer Discussions