Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Announcement

Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3751-3775 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:30:24 PM PDT
Glenn...WHAT?

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:34:51 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne: You are the winner! Sorry but you really didn't win anything. Just seeing if anybody is home. Any plans for the long weekend? Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:41:42 PM PDT
Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:41:59 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Glenn

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:42:36 PM PDT
Rogue says:
What? Uhoh! Now I'm talking to myself! Scary!

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:43:49 PM PDT
Glenn- I think I'll be spending a lot of time hidden in the safe room with my Kindle until it's time to go back to work Tuesday. We'll probably have a barbeque and have my Aunt come over. Since my Mom passed away, she's the only family left. My brother runs the municipal pool in town, so I won't be doing anything with him. I just wanted to say you've been doing a great job helping people with their Kindle Fire problems tonight. You really should be designated as an Amazon Forum Pro. Do you have any holiday plans? Joanne

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:43:58 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Simon wants to take me for a walk. Be back in 20. Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:45:10 PM PDT
Mr. O'Leary

I have had my Kindle Fire since Christmas. I began having a problem where it would not charge or the light would shine green even if the battery was virtually in need of a complete charge and a couple other problems along that line. I asked in here and a couple of other places and a few others had the same problem.

I called Amazon Customer Service. They had me hold onto the defective Fire and rushed a new one out to me. I received the new one in maybe 36 hours. They emailed me a return prepaid shipping label. They told me that when I received the new Kindle, I should put the defective one in the box (INCLUDING the cord that came with defective one) and seal it and put the prepaid label on it and send it back (I believe it was through Fed-Ex but I am not sure). You can follow via the internet where the return package is in the system and when it received by Amazon. You will have 30 days to return defective one. If you don't return the defective one after 30 days, of course, they will then charge your credit card. I sent mine back in a couple of days.

Do not hesitate to contact Customer Service. As far as I'm concerned, they have the best Customer Service out there. I hope that helps.
Nancy

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:50:15 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne: No, we're staying home and our RV is at the dealer getting serviced for our next trip which is around June 4. Let the rest of the crazies fight the traffic, then we go the following week. My son and grandson are driving up to join us at the campground for a few days. Should be nice. On Sunday, Jeannie's going to be busy at church most of the day teaching some basic jewelery making and I'll be watching 1100 miles of auto racing. Best racing day of the year for me. It's something I follow and truly enjoy. Indy 500 and the Coca Cola 600 back to back. My Kindle will be in use throughout no doubt.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:51:22 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Nancy: Glad to hear from you. Hope all is well with you. Did you get the medline removed as you had hoped? Glenn

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:54:47 PM PDT
Rogue says:
I just remembered that Avid Reader was leaving this morning for Branson, MO. for the weekend. Glenn

Posted on May 25, 2012 6:00:00 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Okay, now Simon is crying at the door. Gotta go now for real. BRB! Glenn

Posted on May 25, 2012 6:19:23 PM PDT
simearth says:
I would like to thank everyone here that help people, like myself, that are first time users. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 6:26:02 PM PDT
Hi, simearth- You are quite welcome. There are so many good, helpful people here like Glenn, Michael, Affinity, Q, Cream City, Nancy, JannE, etc. I've learned a lot from them myself and enjoy my Kindle Fire more because of it. I try to help out where I can, but the others are just amazing. You will eventually be joining us in helping other new Kindle Fire owners; won't you? Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 6:34:18 PM PDT
Rogue says:
simearth: Thank you. It's not necessary, but it's nice to be acknowledged for our efforts. Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 7:08:01 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne: Your son might like to know this one: 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 7:15:42 PM PDT
Glenn: I've been checking my son's math homework for years. They are learning much more advanced math than I ever learned at that age. I usually check the explanation /process at the top of the workbook page to get the concept myself, then check the homework. For the first time this year there have been a couple of times that I've had to give up and say to him, "If you know it, great. I am beyond checking this homework." My friend has the same issue with her son (the one we have playdates with every weekend). Math is her best subject, but even she can't cope with checking it anymore. Honestly, a couple of Amazon Apps saved the day for me recently like ones that did metric conversions. Congrats on your grandson's transition into the advanced levels in his school. Good smarts run in your family. Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 7:22:56 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne: You are too kind. But thanks. I think I'm going to go do something smart right now since things seem to have gotten quiet of late. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to use my Fire for reading. LOL! Have a wonderful evening and I'm sure we'll cross paths over the weekend. P&L&L abound. And so it is! Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 7:28:45 PM PDT
Glenn: You enjoy reading on your Fire.....I'm guilty of not doing more of that and it disturbs me a bit as I was an avid reader before getting this Fire. I am enjoying that book you recommended, though (20% into it) and I'm hoping this jumpstarts my reading passion again. Have a great evening as well; Peace & Love to you, Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 7:29:07 PM PDT
simearth says:
I hope to. :)

Posted on May 25, 2012 7:39:30 PM PDT
simearth says:
I remember way back when, I tryed to help our oldest son with his calculus homework. He figured it out himself and he didn't ask me again. LOl :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 7:47:17 PM PDT
My son kind of gets haughty and annoyed the few times that I can't figure out his math. That's when I say to him, "If you know it so well, I don't need to check it." I use the Kindle Fire regularly when checking his homework. There are several apps which have come in handy such as the Free Farlex Dictionary, Calculator apps and just using the Dolphin HD browser for researching things. Good times LOL! Joanne

Posted on May 25, 2012 8:06:04 PM PDT
Dave

Posted on May 25, 2012 9:00:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2012 9:00:44 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Daves not here.

Posted on May 25, 2012 9:02:03 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Phil is here. (simearth)
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  1164
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 77 customers

Search Customer Discussions