Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Announcement

Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4001-4025 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 9, 2012 2:47:27 PM PDT
WATER!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 3:24:48 PM PDT
Oak says:
Joanne - I just got the hotmail app, installed it and set it up no problem. Thanks for the suggestion.
I also want to let you know that I had no problem setting up the KF built in app.
Oak

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 3:34:54 PM PDT
Hi, Oak- I'm glad you got the Hotmail App. I love the way it syncs with all the folders I have in Hotmail on the web. It's funny; the guy I was trying to help with Hotmail never responded, but it was nice of you to post here to say that you like the app. Have a great day, Joanne

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 5:31:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 5:36:08 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Ok, now, why am I chiming in when all the knowledgeable people have???
I do not know what browser I use. I got my Kindle Fire and got online. I think I just typed gmail.com and logged in. I read my emails. I use the laptop a lot but I have used the KindleFire when I find a hot spot away from home.. When we were in Austin at the Hotel I did read the discussions here that came to gmail and I clicked. I guess I could look in apps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 5:41:31 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Michael, When I was 17, the "older man" just out of U of M engineering degree that I was dating told me, "Don't say you are cheap." We stayed in contact after I graduated and I went to Pensacola when he got his wings....but I married a younger man who is very patient about my involvement with the Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 6:23:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 6:24:10 PM PDT
Hi, Avid- So, you're just going on the web and accessing gmail that way. I just looked in the Amazon Appstore and they didn't have a compatible App for gmail listed. But I saw another App that I've heard mentioned in this forum before called SkitMail. A lot of the people who left customer reviews said they were using this App for their gmail account. Here's the link if you'd like to try it:

SkitM@il

Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 6:24:56 PM PDT
Q says:
B Ethen,
Someone has probably already answered this, but no, there are no collections (yet) on the Fire.

A future update may add this (fingers crossed).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 6:32:34 PM PDT
Hey, Avid- Here is another, more highly rated email App that works with gmail:

InoMail Lite

Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 6:43:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 6:46:35 PM PDT
Q says:
Hi Cheryl,
I figured as much, but you asked how the parental controls worked, and I shared what I'd found.

A few points:
* I believe there is *no limit* to the number of books you can put on the Home "Favorites" shelf.
* If you lock the WiFi, he will be unable to download any books without permission from your account ... but he *will* be able to see the entire list of your account's books on his Fire. It is a bit of all or nothing.
* Looking at "Kids Place", it won't do what you need either.
* Your choices, then, would seem to be what you suggest: set him up with his own Amazon acct and register his Fire to that account.

Or lock his WiFi so that he can't download whatever he chooses.

Or lock his Books shelf page and keep the books you want for him on his Favorites shelves on the Home page.

Does any one else have some ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 7:08:58 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Q! What's up?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 7:14:07 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne Double checks. Glenn

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 7:17:02 PM PDT
Good Evening All: There is a free Kindle Fire Instruction Book with illustrations available today:

Kindle Fire: The Complete Guidebook - For Your First Generation Kindle Fire

Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 7:17:59 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 9, 2012 7:30:26 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 7:23:55 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Great information! Thanks! Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 7:32:31 PM PDT
Q says:
Got it! Thanks, Joanne!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:05:26 PM PDT
Oak says:
I'm 11% through it already, and I clicked the yes button.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:07:09 PM PDT
Thank you Joanne, I appreciate your help!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:07:55 PM PDT
That was easy! Thank you for your help! Theresa

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:12:06 PM PDT
Oak: You're a speed reader! Enjoy the book. Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:37:46 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne, yes they were good and your welcome! Delete was unnecessary! Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:41:03 PM PDT
Cream City says:
Really? I've had a gmail app on my Fire from day one, so I must have found it in the app store on the Fire when I was a newbie to it all.

And it has worked fine for me for lo these many months since.

Love my gmail, have used it for years.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 9:09:52 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Admitting my ignorance, Cream and Joanne. I don't know if I just went on the web by typing gmail.com in browser or if there was an app. I really believe God has put people along the way to smooth things out for me. It is the sand and not the mountains that tend to get to me. The Kindle Fire was a gift that I asked for and it really is a blessing since I found all this help.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 9:40:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2012 9:42:11 AM PDT
Can't we put books into folders on Amazon Cloud? I do not want my kids turning on my kindle and seeing adult content. My carousal shows every book I've purchased. I want it to only show folders and put the books in them like my kindle touch can.....

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 9:55:29 AM PDT
@Jodie Hardenbrook

No folders in the cloud.

What I do, it to use GO Launcher EX, and for my reader I use Kindle for Android. To keep some books from being visable, I have made sub directories in my books folder. to access them I use ASTRO File Manager, and navigate to the folder and just tap the book. It will load up into the Kindle for Android App.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 12:00:41 PM PDT
Can I use kindle for Android on my kindle fire or is it only other tablets
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  1164
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 77 customers

Search Customer Discussions