Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Announcement

Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4076-4100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:33:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 4:32:36 PM PDT
You're quite welcome, Michael. I don't need to use it right now, but for that price I grabbed it too. Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:50:44 PM PDT
Oak says:
Joanne, thank you for the heads-up. I had both Documents-To-Go and QuickOffice, but didn't want to pay for the upgrades. But to get OfficeSuite Pro 6 for $0.99 was very helpful. Tom

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:56:16 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne: It's a great app. I got it last time it was on sale and I can attest to how well it works. Thanks for posting the link. Glenn XOXO

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:11:01 PM PDT
can i use my kindle fire with sattlight connection

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:16:28 PM PDT
i was playing a game on my kindle and turn it off and now i cant get it back on what to do it is a kindle fire

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 4:21:57 PM PDT
i were useing my kindle firem

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 4:27:42 PM PDT
how ddo i get kindle fire to come back on

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 4:28:45 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Thanks, Joanne. I am thrilled to get the app.
Hello, Glenn.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:32:39 PM PDT
thank you that did it

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:40:26 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Hi Avid!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 11:25:53 AM PDT
Does anyone know if there is a good way to read outside or in bright indoor light?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 11:33:43 AM PDT
@Lea Anne Kylberg

Yes Lea, it totally has to do with the "settings". Tap the Gear Icon in the upper right corner.

Then tap the Brightness Button, increase the brightness to 100%.

Then SIT in the SHADE!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 4:47:51 PM PDT
Just got a new kindle fire....how do I delete an app from my cloud and device? I deleted the app from "manage my apps".....I've hard booted.... nothing works. I've also tried following the instructions from a previous post (Go to Apps> Store> Settings.....> ) but was unable to locate My Apps. I was informed the instructions were old :( Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 4:51:53 PM PDT
Hi, Thanh C. Biehl- Sometimes when you go to Manage My Kindle and delete your app through there (which is the final, permanent way) it takes days to be removed from your Kindle Fire. I already went through this procedure to delete an app, and it worked. In the meantime, you can delete it from your device simply by pressing your finger on it and tapping "Remove from Device." However, it may take a few days for it to permanently be removed from your Cloud. Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 4:55:57 PM PDT
Q says:
A perfect answer, Joanne!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 4:56:58 PM PDT
Thank you so much, Q! Nice to see you here so soon. I've been helping out a bit in the Kindle Help Forums this week. Peace, Joanne

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 5:08:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 13, 2012 5:09:34 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 5:12:37 PM PDT
Thanks, Joanne. I guess it's the waiting game :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 5:18:14 PM PDT
Q says:
Thanh,
Just keep your Fire shelf viewing on 'Device'. That's what I do, so if it takes a day to remove it from my Fire's cloud list, I don't even see it or notice it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 5:24:41 PM PDT
Thank you:)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 6:16:47 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Nice to see you here helping Q and Joanne. I know how good it is to get an answer on use of the KindleFire

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 6:21:54 PM PDT
Good Evening, Avid- I wasn't expecting Q back so fast. It was a pleasant surprise. My friend at work was using an app on her Kindle Fire that's a nightlight and it fried her Fire. Customer service sent her a new one today. I actually bought her that Kindle Fire for a combo birthday and Christmas gift. We both love Amazon and order from them all the time. They have such great customer service too. Hope your having a lovely evening, Avid...and enjoying your Kindle Fire. Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 6:33:10 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne: She's lucky her Fire didn't catch fire! Glenn XOXO

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 6:36:09 PM PDT
Glenn: She complained that the nightlight app wouldn't stay on, that her Kindle Fire was going dead. I told her that anything with light is the biggest drain on the Fire. I suggested she leave it plugged in...but obviously that didn't work! It was an app from the Amazon Appstore, so perhaps they'll think of pulling the plug on that one. Joanne XOXO

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:25:36 PM PDT
Q says:
Of course it fried. There is a reason it's called the "Fire". It must be handled with care.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  1164
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 77 customers

Search Customer Discussions