Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Want to Rant Unchallenged? Stop in Here! Chapter IV

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4426-4450 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:26:01 PM PDT
No, we're not required to take the "great opportunity."

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:27:15 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
They didn't say it was a great opportunity for YOU. It's great for THEM.

Remember back when the companies told us "your retirement is a 3-legged stool -- your pension, your 401k and your SS". Sadly my 401K took a hit in 2001 and never recovered. Then the pensions are going bye-bye and I won't even get into the SS mess.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:27:36 PM PDT
Cool. I crocheted a log cabin for my mother in law.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:39:59 PM PDT
I hope today has been better for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:44:59 PM PDT
I crocheted the one on the Red Heart wedsite. I'm currently typing on my KK. I'll try to post the link later when I can get on the computer if you want it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:47:09 PM PDT
Here's one more.

Happy Fathers Day to Rocker and all of our other guys!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:50:31 PM PDT
Is it a fun game?

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 2:52:58 PM PDT
Happy fathers day Old Rocker, Phillip andany lurking fathers and rant husbands. Will try to ketchup later since using the kindle is starting to drive me nuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:57:44 PM PDT
Cool. Thanks! I actually have a shot at completing one if it can be crocheted. Maybe.

I have on again off again numbness in my fingers. If I tried to knit I'd probably stab myself enough times to bleed all over the blanket. Crocheting seems less lethal. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 3:09:15 PM PDT
LeeLee says:
Please try not to overdo tomorrow. You sound very comfy. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 3:29:01 PM PDT
I won't.

I am. ;)

I don't have another appt until the following Monday, so I'll have all week to rest up.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 4:10:46 PM PDT
LeeLee says:
Gonna try to turn in early tonight. Trying to think positive about sleep coming in on soft kitten feet and carrying me away.

May your dreams be sweet and your night pain free, my friends.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 4:21:23 PM PDT
Tinker-bella says:
As seems to have become the norm in my life, I am on the plane right now to CA. For anyone familiar with hospice care, my sweet Daddy is on the "comfort pack" of cocktails right now. I'm heading back there right now for the final push. Sorry that I've only been able to visit while primarily on the airplane, and usually not the harbinger of great news, but I wanted to let you all know that I think of you all often, and will hopefully be back regularly soon. Thank you to all for your words of encouragement and support.

Tink

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:32:46 PM PDT
Oh, Tink! (((HUGS))). Thank you for checking in. We will all be keeping you and your Dad in our thoughts and prayers. <3

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:35:45 PM PDT
LeeLee says:
My thoughts and prayers are winging their way to CA for your Dad and you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:36:40 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
((((Tink))))

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 4:38:00 PM PDT
Beth says:
{{{{{Tink}}}}}

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:38:07 PM PDT
Tinker-bella says:
Thank you, Aimée... I so appreciate your kind words. Now, if I could only get rid of these silly hiccups! I think the attorney sitting next to me must think I am sorely over (self) medicated with wine... :)

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 4:40:16 PM PDT
Tinker-bella says:
Thank you, SR, Pat and Beth.

Any interesting new happenings around here since I've been gone? Have y'all sublet my room yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:43:16 PM PDT
You are very welcome! LOL! You may be providing him with some much needed entertainment! ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:48:49 PM PDT
Tinker-bella says:
Oooo, that is a sad state of affairs if a woman with hiccups is the highlight of one's day (or flight). Even the bad in flight movie (Mysteriously Island 2) is far better entertainment!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:50:44 PM PDT
LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:52:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 4:53:45 PM PDT
Tink-erbell, while I'm relatively new here (as far as posting, that is) I wanted to let you know that you and your father are in my thoughts and prayers.

ETA, unfortunately, I am very familiar with hospice care (both with my father, and then my mother) They are special angels on earth. Take care and take some time for yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:59:11 PM PDT
Tinker-bella says:
Thank you, Heather. The hospice worker Adriana who has been coming to the house has been a true blessing... it takes a very special person to do that type of work, and offer that level of care. I certainly could not do it on a regular basis.

I appreciate your kind words, and am so sorry for your own losses of both your mother and father.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 5:44:20 PM PDT
Good night, sweetie. I will send some sleepy thoughts your way.

I am talking to my 95 year old FIL on the phone and I obviously called at the wrong time. I try to time my calls around his meds cause some of them make him manic and he talks nonstop. You cannot even get a word in edgewise. Seriously.

So far, we have been on the phone for nearly an hour and all I've said is "uh-huh" and "oh" and "oh no."

I swear to you my ear is numb. I think it fell asleep.

Somebody, just kill me now. Please?

Don't misunderstand, I love him dearly, but.....

Anyway, sleep well. I have to change ears now and don't type well with my left hand. See you tomorrow.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jun 1, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions