Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Announcement

Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4526-4550 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 8:42:06 AM PDT
@Avid Reader

That is just the first of, sometimes many steps.

Toshiba!

P.S. Why can't I read the above post?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 8:56:54 AM PDT
T.Jackson - you can play mp3 files using the music player (one of the tabs on the main page), and you can play Audible.com audio books using the Audible app on the Apps tab.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 9:48:08 AM PDT
Q says:
Avid,
Ooh, a Kindle replacement on its way? I'm sorry to hear that the first one had charging issues. Glad they are replacing it. At least that goes fast.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 10:11:11 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Hi Michael E...you shouldn't read cause it upsets you that some of us do not think in logical steps. Correct??? I shouldn't want to add to agggg rrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaa vaaaaaaaaa tion.

If I had really been at my best, I would have detected the problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 10:19:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2012 10:22:59 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Q, no, I just posted too hurridly. (I didn't want to be explicit or M Ex would figure it out.)
My Fire is A OK--I think. The problem the Fire had was ME not paying enough attention to what I plugged the charger into. AMZ was great tho. I realized what the problem was while I had them on the line so cut to the chase with the guy on the phone. (I still like to chase a little, especially if I can do it sitting down) I did get in a few free questions.

I thought I was going through the steps and even had DH check the outlet. But best news is I convinced myself that all would be well with Fire or customer service and I could read on my laptop a few days if needed. I could even keep getting books. I am an addict. Soon my cloud will be as full as my closets.

Hope all is well with you and the students... It is so hot here. Take care.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 10:37:40 AM PDT
@Avid Reader

I don't know where you are coming from?

Frankly, I could not care less, if you do not think in logical steps. So, incorrect!

I do the best that I can, to try and help, where I can.

However, if you have a problem with my User Name, and or Signature. Or it causes you some confusion, and or "agggg rrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaa vaaaaaaaaa tion". That is your problem. I am sorry that you are having a problem!

Toshiba!

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 10:50:26 AM PDT
He he he, he he!

Avid Reader, plugged her Fire into an extension cord, that was plugged into a wall outlet, that was controlled by a switch.

And the switch was off!

He he he, Bawaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Toshiba!

P.S. Of course, I have never done anything like that. Or at least I am not going to admit it. Ha ha.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 10:52:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2012 10:55:56 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
M EX nope--guess again
Where am I coming from....that is the problem when you can't see body language.
I mostly see the good and humourous in people.

P S I choose to have not problems regarding people.
You haven't aggravated me even a little not once.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 10:57:33 AM PDT
@Avid Reader

I do not know, I cannot read your mind. If the charger was plugged into a "live" wall outlet, and you were not getting a charge. Then I would think that your charger was not plugged into your Fire.

Was you router not on?

Toshiba!

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 11:15:49 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Excited, Router was on...though that was my first thought when the wifi icon wouldn't come up in the corner. We had to reset router after a storm Sunday. So many little details that threw me off.

Confession. The thing that distresses me most in my life right now is that after a life of being champion multi tasker, I cannot hold two thoughts in my brain at once....my grandson said, gma, do you mean you can't walk and chew gum at the same time. It IS ALMOST THAT BAD.

I am sure I will be here with a question before too much time passes.
Thanks.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 9:02:38 AM PDT
Gerard Story says:
How do I download movies to my kindlefire.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 9:38:19 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Gerard, I will not try to answer your question. I am sure it has been answered in this discussion. Try the search on the right hand side of this. Good luck. I am sure someone will be in to answer. I think most of them are west so later on clock.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 10:37:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 28, 2012 11:42:31 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 10:47:34 AM PDT
@Avid Reader

Wrong! to side load video's on the Kindle Fire, takes a microUSB Type "B" Cable.

And it all depends on what and where the Movie/Video is from. They can be Streaming Movie/Video from Amazon or Netflicks
MP4 Format Video to play with the Gallery Application
Or just about any format to be played with MoBo Player.

To transfer Video from your Computer to your Kindle Fire, you will need the above mentioned microUSB Type B Cable, or WiFi File Explorer Pro, which is available from Amazon in the Apps for Android Store.

Toshiba!

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 11:32:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2012 11:33:19 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
So glad you came Michael. This was only answer I found for download and it didn't say where from.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 12:09:58 PM PDT
Rogue says:
I highly recommend Moboplayer if you are loading your own videos onto your Fire. With this app you can play most any video format available and not limited to MP4. I am not associated with this app or the web site. Before downloading go to settings, more, then device and turn on "Allow Installation of Applications". The app is a free download available here: Glenn
http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/moboplayer

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 12:52:54 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Hi Glenn, Thanks. Hope you and yours are doing well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 1:08:02 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Hi Avid! We are doing well thanks for asking. I haven't done this in awhile but I noticed this book today while browsing on ereaderiq and thought I would share. It's rated 4.5 on 557 reviews so somebody likes it. I haven't read it but I got it today and it's high on my "to be read" list. Here's the link: Glenn
BRAINRUSH, a Thriller (Book One 1)

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 1:22:30 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Thanks, Glenn, Every girl needs a rush and some of us for sure need a brain rush. A friend asked for and I posted an early photo ~~~back in the olden days and not nearly as exciting as that purple hair and outfit.
I got it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 1:39:52 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Avid: I missed your photo when you had it up but I love the purple hair! I think that was Joanne if I'm not mistaken. You take care my dear and we will chat soon. Need to run now and get to my "honey do" list. It seems for every item I check off, two more appear! LOL! Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 3:17:28 PM PDT
Glenn- What's wrong with you? You know I have blue hair!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 3:25:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2012 3:40:58 PM PDT
Hi, Gerard Story- The Kindle Fire comes pre-loaded with the Gallery App (icon looks like a picture strip with a snowy mountain in the middle) as its stock picture and video viewer. Whenever you download an attachment of pictures or videos through an e-mail or the internet it winds up in there. However, the Gallery App only supports these file formats:

* Video Formats (MP4, VP8)

I take a lot of home videos with my FlipVideo camera which is in the AVI video format. I was not able to use the Gallery App to view these videos. In fact, Amazon did not have an app available from the Amazon Appstore to play my AVI videos. I had to tap on the gear icon in the top right corner of my Fire, tap More, Device and then turn ON "Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources." I then went to the 1Mobile website and downloaded MoboPlayer which plays many different types of videos. There is also an app in the Amazon Appstore called aVia Media Player which many people prefer to the stock Gallery App,

If you're looking to put personal videos onto your Kindle Fire for viewing on the Gallery App, here is a link to an instructional video that is very informative. Rather than me describe the process in words, it would be much easier for you to watch this video:

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57339867-285/how-to-put-your-videos-on-a-kindle-fire/?tag=mncol;txt

Also, here is the link in Amazon for complete instructions on viewing and purchasing Amazon videos:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200729630

Joanne

P.S: Here is a link to the cable you would need to sideload videos, photos, etc. onto your fire:

USB to Micro USB Cable, White

And here is a link to an app in the Amazon Appstore with which you can sideload files wirelessly:

WiFi File Explorer PRO

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 3:29:23 PM PDT
Avid- After viewing your newly posted Amazon photo, it's confirmed that as I suspected, you are a beautiful lady inside and out. Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 4:16:27 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Avid: I love your photo! You were beautiful then as you are now! And what a figure! Slender waist or what? Very nice my dear! But I do love your blue hair! Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 4:17:14 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne: I know for a fact you do not have blue hair! just sayin
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  1164
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 77 customers

Search Customer Discussions