Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Regrets on buying Kindle Fire? Suggestions for the next model??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 451-464 of 464 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 17, 2012 2:04:31 PM PST
David says:
1. need physical button for volume (and possibly a physical home key). It is so annoying to go into a app and then you find out it is too loud or not loud enough.
2. the app stand thing is not very convenient. you have to scroll to the precise app you need. and with the scrolling system of fire, this is so difficult.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 3:09:51 PM PST
McKaren says:
I wish I could control the information in the cloud. I don't like to see books I have archived or deleted showing up. I wish our kindle collections would transfer over.
I would pay extra for 3g-wireless is not always available.
But for the price and for what it does, I would say I am 100% happy with my Kindle Fire and would buy it again!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 3:21:53 PM PST
@malibyte: you will continue getting the pop-ups on Pandora until you buy their premium service. The pop-ups are how they pay to give you this service for free. If you have paid the yearly fee for the ad-free Pandora service, then call them and ask why you are still getting the pop-ups.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 6:17:58 PM PDT
I am not at all sorry I bought the Fire. I do have at least one suggestion as to what would make it even better. It definitely needs a webcam with picture taking ability.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 7:42:25 PM PDT
Need a full google contact manager like on google phones.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 7:50:02 PM PDT
Google isn't going to license their full contact manager to Amazon for the Fire. I'm sure they will have it on the Google tablet when they finally release one.

Posted on May 3, 2012 2:34:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 2:35:13 PM PDT
ptb says:
In general the KF is a useful device and I am happy with my purchase. This said, after using the KF for about a month or so ther are issues - most all have been stated above.

However, my latest issue is the scrolling on the KF it is FRUSTRATING to use; e.g.,when scrolling through books to buy or any other item there is no room to scroll. there should be a space provided to use your finger or stylus so you don't end up pressing a link or the item itself. Maybe it is just me but I can not scroll through a list with out opening items along the way.

3g or 4g a must! IMHO

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 2:39:51 PM PDT
Apparently, 3G/4G isn't a must as 54% of all Android based tablets in use are Fires. 3G simply costs too much on a tablet for many people to consider it as an option. The two year incremental cost between a WiFi only tablet and a 3G tablet is around $800 or so.

I agree with the scrolling issue, but the Fire is what it is and does well with only a 7in screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 12:19:56 PM PDT
M. Drummond says:
No regrets, but, would like to be able to do the following:

1. Notes. Take notes while reading. Sometimes when stores are complex, I like to job a note about the character so that I do not forget their relationship.

2. Organize! Would love to put books on shelf by author. Also, to have in order of a series, example, Book 1, Book 2, etc. instead of title. Both in Cloud and on Device. Would like to be able to indicate which book to read next. Helpful when there is a series.

3. Rate. Ability to rate books, perhaps even tag as read again.

4. Comment. Ability to add a comment to a book. Example: Local author

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 12:27:09 PM PDT
Sweet Tooth says:
I would like to be able to read in the yard or at the park. The anti-glair screen would be very nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 8:55:41 AM PDT
K. Lee says:
I love the kindle fire, EXCEPT i have a suggestion. Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP, make an update for the kindle fire (not a new model) but an UPDATE that allows us to sort our books into like groups or collections? Kind of like the kindle with the keyboard has, you can make collections and such...i really just want to be able to sort my books on the fire too. PLEASE MAKE AN UPDATE, thanks!

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 12:05:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 16, 2012 12:06:42 PM PDT
ptb says:
Kristen, I absolutely agree! Now that my book collection has grown it sure would be nice to orginize them.
Just last night I downloaded a free app "Goodreads" via the kf app store I have not had a chance to try it but it did receive good reviews. At first glance and a quick try to import books already on my kf it did not work. But in all fairness I did not read into how to do so maybe this will resolve my and many others issue of not being able to arrange our books on our virtual shelves?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:18:12 PM PST
M. Katzman says:
Something that has really been bugging me is that you cannot highlight continuous text on two seperate pages. For example: if a passage starts at the bottom pf page 23 and continues onto the top of page 24, it is super difficult to highlight. I have tried switching the screen orientation and this works sometimes. Maybe there is a way to do it that I am just not sure of.

Also, physical volume button would be nice. In addition, if you have stopped playing music and want to listen to music again when reading, you have to leave the book and enter the music app. A more convienient way to play music would be appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 9:32:45 PM PST
ptb says:
Mr. Katzman, I found that highlighting the text on the firstt page i.e., drag your finger and enter highlight then turn the page and continue to highlight the combined text on both pages will highlight as one "grouped highlighted text".
As for a volume control, you and many of us would like that feature. I cannot help you with that one!
Good luck hope this helps or makes sense.
Ptb
‹ Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  268
Total posts:  464
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 32 customers

Search Customer Discussions