How to browse Kindle Lending Library books on a PC

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 78 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 15, 2011 10:05:24 AM PST
James K says:
thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 5:57:40 PM PST
VY says:
Prime is not only about shipping. In the case of the Kindle, prime members can borrow certain books and see movies for no additional charge.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 6:43:41 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 20, 2011 6:53:05 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2011 7:19:37 AM PST
Beth says:
We were discussing the borrowing so that was covered. You are right I did not mention the movies. Although very few people think the selection is good enough that they would get Prime just for the streaming. It and borrowing are more extra perks for people who use the shipping.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 1:39:25 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 5, 2011 1:41:31 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 2:15:09 PM PST
DD says:
But I wish one could borrow books wirelessly-no wi-fi out here in the sticks!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 5:43:55 PM PST
I'm confused by what you're getting at exactly. But you can download books on 3G, WiFi, or if you have neither of those options you can go to the Amazon website, buy/borrow them, and then choose transfer via USB.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 4:57:43 PM PST
Just Peachy says:
Wifi is something you install in your home with a wifi router. My mother lives "in the sticks" and has wifi. So does my sister.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 8:37:07 AM PST
Joe K says:
Hope you got something nice over the holidays, because you sure earned it...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 1:43:00 PM PST
DD says:
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I can buy and transfer from my computer via USB. One just can't borrow books from the lending library that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 1:51:03 PM PST
DD says:
Thank you, Pat. I don't know just how it works for your mother and sister (I'm fairly computer illiterate. . . .) But out here, people don't generally even have cell phones because there's too much dead space. My highly literate children assure me I wouldn't be able to get wifi! I did download a book from the lending library while at the dentist in the big city of Madison last week. Wifi is really great and I wished I had it. (On the other hand, I get to smell lots of manure out here-it's a trade-off, I guess.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 11:48:41 AM PST
DD, do you have dial up? Its the only thing holding you back from wi-fi. If you have cable or DSL you can buy a wireless router, connect it to your modem, and have wifi at your house. You can get a wireless router for about $50. Some stores and public areas have free wifi, but you can also have it at your home.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 10:20:41 PM PST
DD says:
Thank you for your suggestions. I use a cell phone type modem-I forget what you call them. It's basically a dial-up that uses a cell tower instead of a land line.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 6:26:01 PM PST
Kirsten M. says:
Thanks for this, but I still don't understand how to "search" these books. Do you have to read through all 5000 titles to find one you want?

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 6:32:17 PM PST
can I borrow books on line (my computer)as my wifi is weak in the area I'm staying.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 6:34:18 PM PST
can I borrow books on line (my computer)as my wifi is weak in the area I'm staying.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 6:37:24 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 6:57:32 PM PST
If you are referring to borrowing from the Kindle Owners Lending Library, no you can't borrow using the computer. It has to be done using a Kindle device.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 8:42:27 PM PST
You sure do have to go through all of them. BTW, many classics are free, not just to Prime members, like The Three Musketeers, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, many of the H.G. Wells novels, Dracula, Frankenstein, many by Charles Dickens, many historical biographies, etc..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 11:19:12 AM PST
Thanks for your help!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 11:23:39 AM PST
following these instructions I just did it and found > 99,737 Results!

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 3:55:36 AM PST
40,000 truly free books. This is the source of the free books you see on Amazon for Kindle, the older public domain books. I DL them in Kindle format and email them to my Kindle's address, which you can find in the Setting section on your Kindle's menu.

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

More free books here. Many are the Project Gutenberg books but some are new that authors have made available for free so you can sample their work. They are all available, like Gutenberg's in Kindle format.

http://www.manybooks.net/

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 4:29:59 PM PST
I think it's silly that you pay money to become a prime member and then you HAVE to download your books wirelessly- not throught the computer. Same goes for audio books, you have to download those wirelessly. Plus finding this information on the website is difficult. THey don't just come out and say "you can't do it on your computer", or "it must be done wirelessly". One book a month is hardly worth it...most people read faster than that. I don't see why they don't let you rent books for a week or 2 for like $1.00 etc. The prime memebership is really not very versitle. For example if you dont have a kindle, why not get a kindle app? Oh you can't use the prime membership library with that!

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 4:31:51 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 12, 2012 4:32:29 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2012 6:49:51 PM PST
What part of "Amazon is in business to sell things, including Kindles and e-books" do you not comprehend?
Your reply to M. Francis Professor of Kindology's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 12 days ago
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
36 12 days ago
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
Audio books on the Kindle Fire? 128 1 minute ago
Locked out of my Kindle cause of Free Time Child 27 10 minutes ago
Kindle Freetime Unlimited on Paperwhite 14 12 minutes ago
I've had enough 56 15 minutes ago
RAoK Room 81 is ready to serve you..... 7748 29 minutes ago
Kindle / Audible Recommendations and Deals (KARD) 2114 33 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 5678 35 minutes ago
Deleting apps from Kindle Fire 15 38 minutes ago
is there an app for that? 6467 47 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  48
Total posts:  78
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions