Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Changes in price of kindle books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-30 of 30 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:46:46 AM PDT
Kribu says:
Hmm, odd - the surcharge is still added in France, then? Even now? I've never seen it, not once, for the German-language market since they got their own Kindle store. And free books haven't had it even for me for a year now.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:59:23 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
I don't know and it's not for all of them, just some - I think it must have something to do with the origin of the published book and/or the publisher

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 8:12:07 AM PDT
I've only seen that (larger price differences for users in France/Spain for the same book) when there's a sale/deal and the discounted/free price is shown only in the US, for example.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 10:20:03 PM PDT
Thanks for your imput

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 5:15:31 AM PDT
I just can't accept this surcharge for me in Finland, I don't have a 3g kindle, I use my wireless network and home connection to move books to my kindle, but I refuse to buy any books that have the extra charges. I've left around 10-20 books un-bought because of these extra prices just because i'm from another country in the eu. I really wish this charge will be removed soon so I can get to buying the books I want to buy, at the moment it really is just more convenient and most of the time even more cheaper to buy regular paperback from elsewhere which is a shame as I love my kindle.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Jun 11, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions