Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #2

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 11:32:20 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I think I have my own personal DVF.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 11:57:06 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
Joanne: We arrive Sunday, October 7, at 1:00 PM and depart 24 hours later. So far we're planning a trip to Muir Woods and Sausalito, an after-dark excursion to Alcatraz, and searching for a really great sushi spot for lunch on one of our two days there.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 11:58:15 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
LCook0825: You have to know someone to join, and now you know all of us. Welcome aboard.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 11:59:23 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
Sapphire Princess, Peg.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 1:03:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2012 1:04:14 PM PDT
Dix says:
Peachy Pat, if DVF stands for DiVine Female, then you must be talking about me for sure. ;)

How fun it is to have new visitors! Be warned that we're in the habit of talking about anything and everything around here, however the fancy strikes. I like it here and hope you will, too.

Sandra, when you have a minute, hope you tell us about yesterday's wedding and the selections you played.

Peg, good going leaving a link back to the "old" thread.

Is Yahoo giving anybody else a fit today? Or maybe it's Firefox? Frequent & reoccurring issues on my end. I'm going to shut down for now, anyway, because my darlin' DH is saying it's time for a Sunday afternoon movie. If only I had some Blue Bell Great Divide.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 1:56:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2012 2:06:58 PM PDT
Sandra says:
Thanks Peachy Pat.....for The Woman in White.

ETA: Is Grand Daisy working today? We don't want o lose anyone. Nadine.....where are you.

I remember Linda jumping up and down and waving her hands telling Lala that we're over here.....well here goes, we're all over here jumping up and down trying to get the attention of our other BAAAers to come on over. HERE WE ARE(((((((((((♥♥♥♥

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 2:16:28 PM PDT
Sandra says:
PRICE DROP.......Oh Goodie......FREE.......was 2.66
Moonlighting in Vermont (The Bree MacGowan Series)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 2:18:17 PM PDT
C.J. says:
Peachy, what is a DVF? By the way, Chuck is adorable! We have a mutt - had his dna tested and it came back with less than 2% of anything! He had been dumped by the road in our mountains when he weighed only 4 lbs. Now he is 16 lbs and 13 yrs old. My DD has a Great Dane puppy filled with puppy behavior, but huge for one so young.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 2:28:18 PM PDT
Foggy Ms says:
Sushi: The Japanese section for sure, very colorful section. I will get you the name of a few of my favorite. Crazy but I only know how to get there. You will love Muir woods and Sausalito. WOW a lot of sights to cover in 24 hours. Alcatraz only if you can really fit it in. Nicer to see from the ferry going to Sausalito.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 2:40:24 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Hey, everybody, so nice to see you ALL. I just got a price drop
Moonlighting in Vermont (The Bree MacGowan Series)
lcook, we have bonded and are great friends and those who want to vote up or down will not be happy here.
Otherwise, we share and enjoy.
There are some people targeted to get down votes so they can't be pros...some never join, just vote down. We can all put those on ignore.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 2:42:49 PM PDT
PegB says:
GrandDaisy usually works on Sunday. Maybe we should say GrandDaisy works for money on Sunday. I think that lady is always working.

I was a kitchen cleaning fool today. Finished up about 1/2 an hour ago. Everything except the inside of the fridge is clean. My old gas stove doesn't have a self cleaning oven - but it is a fine stove - several times management has offered to replace the stove - but - where stoves are concerned - I am not sure that newer is better. I don't use the oven all that much. I can clean it myself every now and again.

I have 12 mornings of sunrise photos from my apartment up on my blog now. www.pegbethany.com

Think I'll fire up Calibre and catalog my new books. I just finished reading the latest Lee Child Reacher book - DTB from the library. I am still reading Ed Abbey's The Monkey Wrench Gang (Edward Abbey series) - it isn't free. It is one that I purchased. I just started another DTB Clive Cussler The Tombs - also from the library. And, for my listening pleasure - Bill Bryson's In A Sunburned Country. This is about riding the train across Australia. You can guess where this is leading :)

The Sapphire Princess has a web cam - so we ride along with Our Doug.
http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/sa/sapphire_bridgecam.html

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 2:47:45 PM PDT
PegB says:
Thanks Sandra and Avid for Moonlighting in Vermont (The Bree MacGowan Series) Not familiar with the series - but it sounds like a good autumn book.

Now - I must Calibre. (DH is watching golf, baseball and football on TV at this instant - a good time to Calibre)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 2:51:14 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
DVF = Down Vote Fairy.

Chuck fell into my life when a friend of my son found him wandering another neighborhood late at night. He had no collar and no microchip. I put up signs, asked at vet offices, and advertised online to find his humans. When no one came forward, he became my baby :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 2:51:35 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Folina, I had to check your reviews after Dix mentioned. We have influenced others here to buy products...
rubber chicken purses, horses heads, and we have looked at some wolf tee shirts.
Our Doug is an author and has The Globe

Our Sandra started this group and she keeps authors in her basement...Sometimes she puts on her red pumps and taps her foot at the top of the stairs.

Some of us buy eBooks just the look at the "hunks"...

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 2:55:49 PM PDT
Brendaisy says:
I finally made it here, thanks for leaving links my friends. I worked today, the boss was not happy that my Dr. restricted me to 6 hr shifts maximum and only 4 days a week. Oh well, it 's only till we figure out what's going on if its not bursitis of the hip joint. I 'm going to go check e -readeriq. Be back later.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 3:10:41 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
P Pat, I am thrilled to get 'Woman in White' thank you.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 3:14:10 PM PDT
Brendaisy says:
Ammy posted this at the previous BAAA link
"This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion"
BTW I posted the 10,000th post!
No luck on ereaderiq.com today. Just have to make do with the 1000 books I've already downloaded.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 3:50:42 PM PDT
R. Doug says:
I'd love to have the names of your favorite sushi places, and the closer to the cruise pier the better. We've been to Sausalito before (I love to stop there for a nice, cold Abbot Ale), but we've never done Muir Woods. We visited Alcatraz, but only during the day, so this time we're going to do the scary tour (already have reservations). And beyond all that, it'll be Fleet Week. That's something we've NEVER done before.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 3:53:02 PM PDT
R. Doug says:
Ooops. I've been outed once again.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:00:15 PM PDT
PegB says:
Peachy - Chuck is a cutie.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:04:36 PM PDT
Sandra says:
Yea! GrandDaisy.......you posted the last post in our first discussion ....way to go.
Yeah, we'll just have to make do......if you need to borrow a book or two, we'll share. ROTFLMHO :o) ♥♥♥♥

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:08:01 PM PDT
Sandra says:
Avid....don't forget I have to "pop that whip" every once in a while to keep their production up. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:12:15 PM PDT
Sandra says:
Doug.....our resident hunk......:o)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:13:34 PM PDT
Miss M says:
Whew, finally found you guys - turn my back for a couple of days and you switch houses...
Nobody told me we were moving to the kindle forum!

Sandra, how was the wedding yesterday? Any of DH's medications helping with the low blood pressure?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:16:18 PM PDT
Miss M says:
Any comments on the new Reacher, Peg? I have about five more days before I have to return it; better get busy. I read Bryson years ago before my first ever Australia trip - somehow scared the jeepers out of me with all the possible creepy crawly critters, all of which I managed to avoid though...
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions