Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Will the Kindle Fire support the HBO GO and MAX GO apps?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 156 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 5:36:58 PM PST
M says:
Like I said before, tough some people didn't like the comment, the file you downloaded could be corrupted and the file is according to what I have gathered out of date. I suggest you email Amazon (the address is kindle-fire-feedback@amazon.com) and demand they allow HBO GO and MAX GO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 5:41:43 PM PST
Kujako says:
Its not fully up to Amazon, the respective parties have to submit the apps to Amazon for inclusion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 8:16:13 PM PST
M says:
The GO apps are available on Android so I don't understand what your talking about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 9:24:47 PM PST
KungPowJAMMA says:
But the problem is that Kindle Fire blocks the Android Market ... so you can only use the Amazon App Store where they do not have the GO apps.

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 9:30:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2011 9:32:21 PM PST
M. Ratcheson says:
Have you considered HBO doesn't particularly want it's app available for the Kindle Fire yet? I downloaded it from a site on the Internet, and while it plays the content, it isn't particularly friendly to the Fire. It seems to expect physical buttons for volume and brightnes adjustment. It needs work for it to be truly comfortable on the Fire, and I'd guess it isn't quite yet ready for prime time.

OTOH, I can't get anywhere with their web site, using either the Silk browser or Opera.

ETA: This was intended to be a reply to M. Sats. I guess I clicked the wrong button, sorry.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 6:26:21 AM PST
Does anyone know how to get the FiOS apps on the KF? I have set my device to allow installation of apps from unknown sources but I still can't seem to get the Verizon FiOS apps on my Fire.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 6:28:33 AM PST
KungPowJAMMA says:
I sent a message to the Amazon Appstore and also to HBO asking them if this will be available eventually. Hopefully if enough people request the HBO and MAX GO apps then they will make it more of a priority to get it on the Appstore and working with the Fire.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 4:05:24 PM PST
M says:
Amazon has provided me with the best way to inform Amazon of your requests, the following provides the instruction given to me from Amazon.

Hello,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your interest in improving app store for Kindle Fire.

If you'd like to request a certain app be made available on Kindle Fire, you can submit feedback from your device to our technical team by tapping Apps from the Home screen, pressing the Menu icon and selecting "More." Tap "Leave Feedback" and enter the name of the app you're interested in.

Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our store and provide better service to our customers. Thanks for taking time to offer us your thoughts.

We hope to see you again soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 6:43:55 PM PST
M. Ratcheson says:
Thanks. I just submitted Feeback asking for HBOgo and Slingplayer for Android.

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 8:07:23 AM PST
M. Phelps says:
Same. feedback submitted.

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 9:55:13 AM PST
C. Graham says:
I'll do this as soon as I get home.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2011 3:46:25 PM PST
My results were the same

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 10:09:09 AM PST
Shieldsit says:
I got the HBO Go app from the official android market and it installed fine, but when I open it it says it's not supported on this device. I'll try to temporarily remove root and see if that makes it work. Pretty frustrating that one app works fine on a device but not on another, and really the only reason is because someone decided not to let it.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 10:10:52 AM PST
Shieldsit says:
Unrooting does not fix it. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 10:17:46 AM PST
Earlier accounts reported that HBO GO was working on the Fire for a few days, then started saying it was incompatible with the device. HBO appears to have updated their list of devices and blocked usage on the Fire. They have a history of not allowing the app to run on any device that they haven't cleared as supporting their security model - they don't want anyone able to make copies of their content.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 9:45:06 PM PST
Bryan says:
Can you tell me how? BryanL1@msn.com thx

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2011 11:50:18 AM PST
M says:
If you'd like to request a certain app be made available on Kindle Fire, you can submit feedback from your device to our technical team by tapping Apps from the Home screen, pressing the Menu icon and selecting "More." Tap "Leave Feedback" and enter the name of the app you're interested in.

Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our store and provide better service to our customers. Thanks for taking time to offer us your thoughts.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 12:25:31 PM PST
Hv says:
Haven't been able to find that Apk file, wheredid you find it??

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 3:45:16 PM PST
snazzyvoice says:
Will do. I agree!

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 6:17:40 AM PST
Booger says:
To hell with these shenanigans I don't want to put unsupported software or violate the end user agreements. HBOgo is friggin awesome and the KF users need to request the app. It literally would take a programmer 5 minutes to write the script for the app. Everyone let's work together on this. Go to Amazon, click on help and then have Amazon call you... Ask them for the App.. eventually enough people will call and they will either sell the app or provide it for free like netflix. I'd actually pay for a good app...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 6:34:09 AM PST
KungPowJAMMA says:
Right on brother!

This is one of the reasons why I bought the Kindle Fire was for streaming HBO and MAX ... Then very disappointed to see that they have not done anything to get these apps working right with the Kindle Fire.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 2:20:57 PM PST
Damon and JAMMA: You're barking up the wrong tree. Amazon isn't responsible for putting these apps on the Fire, the publisher (HBO and Cinemax) are. HBOGo actually worked for a couple of days on the Fire, and then HBO did something to block it. Don't waste your time or Amazon's yelling at them about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 2:30:14 PM PST
KungPowJAMMA says:
No kidding... HBO is preventing the Fire of using HBO GO because the app is buggy on the fire. Nobody is here yelling at Amazon. I already sent a few messages to HBO about it and hopefully many more people will too. BUT it also helps when the manufacturer of the Kindle Fire also will contact them to see what they will need in order to get their app working with their product.

Soooo sending messages to Amazon is perfectly fine to do as hopefully they will see their customers want this app and they will then get the ball rolling faster.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 2:37:04 PM PST
Mr. JAMMA - agree completely with what you said. Damon N. Brown, however, to whom you responded with "Right on brother!", was encouraging people to harass Amazon (that's what "have Amazon call you" amounts to), and "they will either sell the app or provide it for free like netflix". Clearly he thinks it's Amazon that is holding things up. Letting Amazon know people want it is one thing - thinking they can be pressured into providing it is mistaken.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 6:12:51 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 1, 2012 4:43:09 AM PST]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  69
Total posts:  156
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 35 customers

Search Customer Discussions