Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Fire covers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-44 of 44 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011 3:19:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2011 3:20:57 PM PST
Bjeans says:
Interesting. They have another version for $1.00 more that they call the 360 degree: Poetic (TM) 360 degree Rotary Leather Case for Amazon Kindle Fire (Landscape / Portrait View) Black

Their cases for other devices are rated highly.

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 3:45:20 PM PST
Vikki P. says:
I had intially ordered the Marware Microshell Folio Case for the KF, but I cancelled that and ordered the splash SIGNATURE Folio Leather Case Cover instead. The iPad has a similar version and everyone seems to love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011 3:50:12 PM PST
Bjeans says:
Here you go:
splash SIGNATURE Folio Leather Case Cover fits the Amazon Kindle FIRE with Stand (BLACK)

Hmm, are they the same? The white and brown are more expensive. splash SIGNATURE Folio Leather Case Cover fits the Amazon Kindle FIRE with Stand (WHITE)

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 4:19:34 PM PST
YepIt'sBecky says:
I purchased a case from ebay, if you want to see some pictures I posted them on Mobileread.com in the Amazon Fire forum under cases.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360-degree-Rotary-leather-case-Amazon-Kindle-Fire-Landscape-Portrait-View-/110767471278?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4013059127248147556#ht_2705wt_856

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011 4:21:38 PM PST
Kris C says:
Thanks Shelby! The rooCase looks like what I need and is more in my price range than the Oberon (which is very very nice) but too pricey for me.

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 4:39:45 PM PST
Robin Kiefer says:
I have been using the NookColor since it released. I've used several covers including the beautiful Oberon cover (now collecting dust). I have to say, though, that the one I have that is like the 'Kindle Fire Leather Cover by Marware' has been the best. It provides good protection, is easy to remove if you want your device to be naked, the cover folds back on itself to hold and you can prop it landscape or portrait. I have the Kindle Fire pre-ordered as well as the Kindle Fire Leather Cover by Marware in Pink. I've looked at the other cases posted here and speaking from experience, the Kindle Fire Leather Cover by Marware beats them all. I also like the elastic strap as often, I find myself reading in one room and walking with my eReader to another room while still reading. The strap will keep me from inadvertently dropping my Fire. Can't wait!

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 5:38:42 PM PST
Mary McManus says:
I have an Oberon cover for my Nook Color and since the Fire is close in size, about a half inch shorter and just about identical width, am hoping it will work for the Fire, so am not getting a cover till I see. I have a sleeve that will fit it in case the Oberon doesn't work out. If I need to buy it a cover, I do NOT want black, which so many of them seem to be. Black blends in with too many other things and I want it to stand out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 2:09:01 PM PST
Joan Marie says:
>> Interesting. They have another version for $1.00 more that they call the 360 degree: Poetic (TM) 360 degree Rotary Leather Case for Amazon Kindle Fire (Landscape / Portrait View) Black.
Their cases for other devices are rated highly.<<

Thanks for that link, BJeans! That's the one I am going for instead of the Malware I've had in my Cart. All leather, looks nicely finished & props up Fire for both landscape & portrait for $11 & free ship? Looks amazing.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 2:29:23 PM PST
Melymel says:
I also preordered the Kindle Fire Leather Cover by Marware. It looks well made and I really like the stand.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 6:18:45 PM PST
sande says:
I emailed JavoEdge and they said they should have an axis cover/stand out that will prop in both landscape and portrait within 2-6 weeks of the Fire release date. I'm going to wait for that. My JavoEdge cover for my K2i is by far my best cover.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 6:57:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2011 6:58:29 PM PST
cmpmom says:
I put this one on my Christmas list Verso Prologue Cover for Kindle Fire, Red

Verso Prologue Case Cover for Kindle Fire, Red (does not fit Kindle Fire HD)

It just looks too cool. It doesn't look like the best cover ever made, and I may have to punt and get a different cover, but I'm hoping it both works and looks cool.

ETA: Oh, and I'll probably knit a cover for it also. I'm hoping to get the dimensions and knit it before Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 7:13:40 PM PST
Sue says:
@D. Knight-I absolutely love that one. It is the one I'm leaning toward, though I'm having a hard time making a final decision...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 7:19:50 PM PST
Sue says:
@Bjeans: totally off-topic, but I'm dying to know how you won your iPad2! That is very cool, good for you. I'm only a little bit jealous. :)

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 8:16:37 PM PST
paglady47 says:
I have preordered the Marware Microshell case in pink and I am so excited to get it, I love that its supposed to be really lite but give great protection for the back and sides of the Fire. I also love that you can fold the front part back and prop it up if you want to, it fits my needs perfectly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 8:31:11 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 7, 2011 8:45:41 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 8:47:45 PM PST
Cars&Guitars says:
I want to preorder this, but the reseller charges almost $40 for it (or $70 if you want it on the 16th). I want this case, but I refuse to pay anymore than $20 on these cases. This really sucks. Looks like I'll be sticking with the CaseLogic sleeves then.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 5:00:52 PM PST
Vikki P. says:
Does it? It's showing up for less than $20 for me. Then may I suggest the rooCASE?

rooCASE Super Bubble Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Fire 7-Inch Tablet / Amazon Kindle Touch 3G / Amazon Kindle 3 (Black / Dark Blue)

Then again, if the splash isn't showing up as less than $20 for you, I wonder if the rooCASE will show up as less than $20 also..

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 6:03:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2011 6:07:44 PM PST
Cars&Guitars says:
Vikki, yes, both of those cases are showing up as under $20 for me. I actually wanted the white color which is over $20. And I wanted to order it with one-day shipping so I can have in time for the Kindle Fire delivery (11/16). however BHO overcharges shipping to California. I have the list of shipping prices below. It makes me angry that the shipping rates chart on the reseller marketplace is $10 for two/one-day shipping, but the checkout prices are different. I'm really confused.

here's the shipping charges BlueHarbor gives me for the White Splash Case BJeans linked above:

Overnight shipping:

Order Summary
Items: $23.85
Shipping & Handling: $39.99
Total Before Tax: $63.84
Estimated Tax To Be Collected:* $0.00
Order Total: $63.84

Two-Day:

Shipping & Handling: $24.99
Total Before Tax: $48.84
Order Total: $48.84

Expedited (which is too close to the retail price of the case, I'm still not sold on it):

Shipping & Handling: $14.99
Total Before Tax: $38.84
Order Total: $38.84

I've decided to order this case instead through Amazon since I don't trust BlueHarbor enough with my preorder: Kindle Fire Lightweight MicroShell Folio Case Cover by Marware, Pink (does not fit Kindle Fire HD) And I know I said $20 only, but I really want a Folio Cover and a lot of the ones sold by Amazon are over $40 anyway, so I have no other choice right now. And I've realized that Sleeves are too much of an inconvenience anyway. So I won't order them.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 12:17:18 PM PST
Joan Marie says:
The inexpensive $11 Poetic Fire cover arrived today & I can't return it fast enough. Poetic (TM) 360 degree Rotary Leather Case for Amazon Kindle Fire (Landscape / Portrait View) Black The inside front cover that touches the device screen is filled with glue blobs and sharp edges where the lines for the easel are cut out. Couldn't be more basic but seems secure otherwise. I'd have kept it except for the condition of the cover that touches the screen. Looks like it's the $40 Marware. Oh well.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions