Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Need help with Kindle Fire email setup for Qwest / Centurylink POP3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 115 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 28, 2011 8:23:26 AM PST
Philly Gurl says:
Okay, I found the problem for verizon email set-up as well. See below:

The following are the Verizon e-mail server settings.

incoming server - incoming.verizon.net
outgoing server - outgoing.verizon.net

If you have a Yahoo enabled Verizon email account they are:

incoming server - incoming.yahoo.verizon.net
outgoing server - outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

My verizon email is yahoo enabled so I used the above information and was able to go right on. Hope this helps.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 11:32:35 PM PST
pam h says:
How do i get contact list from at&t lg encore cellphone into kindle fire contact list?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 9:31:57 AM PST
Bill says:
please respect the discussion and don't ask irrelevant questions to the topic of this thread. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 7:46:47 PM PST
John W says:
Moonkiss,
I just set up my mom's bellsouth.net email using the info on this page,
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570#fbid=XgtAbCsULhW .

I verified that both sending and receiving mail works.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 11:02:08 AM PST
unable to send email on kindle fire, have settings same as shown in this discussuion for verizon. Receive emails fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 5:57:34 PM PST
Thank you; after I removed the 2-step verification, gmail installed perfectly. Jeanne Gentile

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 11:58:44 AM PST
Ive posted complaints on here about outbound & sent folder not working... then a few days ago I tried them again and they worked... am very happy about that, and am now no longer planning to return my kindle fire for a refund... am liking it now that email works. (Now if Amazon can fix that fascist more-than-a-pest perky word suggestion feature that changes your typed words & punctuation (periods& spaces) WITHOUT ASKING!!! 0MG! Headed back to that thread to add my post to the burgeoning list of complaints about that.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 12:13:19 PM PST
This took care of my issue. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 8:37:26 PM PST
I have embarqmail.com as my internet provider. How do I set up my Kindle Fire so I can get non the internet

A Heiser

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 2:43:26 PM PST
I tried contacting kindlefire but becasue I can't see where to answer the questions you are supposed to answer I am in limbo. The only reason I bought kindle fire becasue I wanted to use it to check email and not have to go to the i-pod stuff. I hope somebody figures this out. It's bad enough that Picassa and Google gmail are all messed up with updates, ugh

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 7:07:45 PM PST
I called Century Link, my internet provider and they walked me through the set up. I can now use my Kindle Fire for emails. Hope this help.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 6:44:49 AM PST
glad you are able to use your email. I can read emails but I need my address book from gmail to answer them. right now google is driving me crazy with all their up dates on their mail and on picasa, I can't do all this re- learning all at one time. Why google can't just leave well enough alone, I was quite happy with the old versions of programs and don't need to be forced into new versions. I shall call comcast and see what help they can provide
joan

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 7:48:43 PM PST
jordanjames says:
I have Charter Internet service in Wisconsin and having hard time getting e-mail set up. ANY TIPS? JIM

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 6:36:24 AM PST
I called 1-866-216-1072, and was connected to a young man in south africa, this made a change from India or Phillipines as this young man spoke English as his first language. He was very helpful and VERY patient. Basicly go to kindlefire web icon at the top right of the page and go from there. My only problem was I could not read the strange letters that you have to verify your email account but younger eyes than mine sorted that out, I am thrilled see my email and to be able to respond, good luck

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 8:12:32 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 13, 2012 7:13:56 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 8:20:40 AM PST
I am unable to receive or send. I use exchange for my corporate email and Kindle does not support this. I downloaded exchange android app with no luck ($20). But nothing helps my personal either..always get invalid username or password error

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 11:55:43 PM PST
Marilyn Reed says:
Well, I have talked to three Kindle Fire techs, and still can't send outgoing mail from gmail, Yahoo, or my own earthlink account. By the third tech, he arranged for me to return the Kindle I had and sent me a replacement. And guess what? It doesn't work either. I am an experienced computer and smart phone user and I have no problem sending outgoing mail on either. I have recently purchased music which is stored on their Cloud storage. Not sure if I can access that music on another brand device, so I seem to be stuck trying to work out this problem. I'm not a happy camper. What is this device worth if you can use it's e-mail function? I'm almost wishing I had just decided to stick with my Droid Razr and second version Kindle and forget about getting a tablet.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 3:41:36 PM PST
Just spent over an hour on the phone with charter. Couldn't fix the outgoing mail problem. Can't send e-mails from my Kindle Fire. Have had my device since early Dec. Outgoing e-mails just stopped going about a month ago. Very frustrating. Seems to be a Kindle Fire problem. Any fixes??

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 3:51:11 PM PST
Marilyn Reed says:
I have been dealing with the same problem for over a month, only I never was able to send e-mail. Since you could at one time and now you can't, I'm even more sure it is a Kindle Fire issue. I've talked to 3-4 techs for hours. They even sent me a replacement which has the same problem. I get promises from techs to find the answer and call me back within a day...none has called me back yet. They either don't have a clue what is wrong...it is too expensive to fix...or they just don't care. I don't want to return my Kindle since I have so much invested in accessories and have my current one set up the way I want it. But I am pulling my hair out over this. And I am getting ready to visit another state for ten days and other than my Droid Razr which always performs flawlessly, I have no other way to deal with e-mail when on the road. I will give them until I get back from my trip and then make a decision on whether or not to stick with it or demand a refund.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 3:58:54 PM PST
Marilyn Reed says:
One of the techs I talked with suggested I download the enhanced e-mail. He did reimburse me for the $10. Unfortunately the enhanced e-mail didn't help.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 1:19:25 PM PST
I agree I dont feel u should have to pay either they wanted $30.00 and i dont think it is fair i am having problems with the internet had it now it is saying nothing when i hit the on button it wont stay on it goes back to off this really stinks

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 8:23:58 AM PST
Were you able to use the folder functions once you got set up with Century Link? I have no folders other than the inbox. When I called Century Link they said they couldn't help me. Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 8:59:13 AM PST
Mary says:
Well I will be no help except to say I use the mail program with AOL, road runner, yahoo and google and have no trouble sending or receiving. For yahoo it just wanted my user name and password and I had to do nothing else. For gmail think it was the same. AOl and Road runner I had to configure the pop servers or some such but I use incredimail on my desktop with these emails so just used the same settings from my incredimail program and it works perfect. Mary

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 5:41:13 PM PST
Mary...I also have roadrunner...what are your outgoing server settings? I can't send emails from my kindle...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 11:39:27 PM PST
Mary says:
Well gonna have to get back to you. I deleted my road runner account on the fire last week. Went to set it up again and could not get out going mail to work. Then finally got it working again but deleted account again so I could write down what I did and now I am back to square one and no outgoing mail. It does work I just need to play and see what I am missing when setting it up so I can write it all down. Mary
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Potentially Perky People - Part Deux 7811 14 minutes ago
Bluetooth mouse for Kindle Fire HD? 109 14 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 6739 17 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2564 18 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 1582 25 minutes ago
How to make a web site a favorite 28 26 minutes ago
Secret new product release! 36 32 minutes ago
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 652 1 hour ago
Is it possible to resize images along with text on kindle? 3 1 hour ago
Big thanks to Kindle for ruining my ebook experience 1310 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  67
Total posts:  115
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions