Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

DP II: Doggone! But Not Forgotten

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5526-5550 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 7:43:50 PM PDT
Ha! Lulubelle's funeral--dog at his finest:

"dog says:
(UPI). Washington, D.C. residents came out in mass today to observe the funeral procession of Lulubelle, late beloved Kindle of Kindling Kowboy. Lulubelle was the victim of a freak accident involving Kowboy and a Cox Cable van earlier this week.

The funeral procession, which slowly made its way down Pennsylvania Avenue this morning to the newly opened Kindle Memorial Cemetery, was the first of its kind in the nation's Capital. Leading the procession on a tiny caisson pulled by miniature horses donated by the Ringling Brother's Circus, Lulubelle was accompanied by Kindling Kowboy on the long walk to the cemetery.

Immediately behind the caisson, the newly formed K2 Marching Choir sang "Closer My Kindle to Thee." This was the first performance for the choir that was hastily formed by K2s awaiting shipment at the Amazon Kentucky warehouse. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, who could not attend the ceremony, had earlier announced that the members of the K2 choir had been released from the factory yesterday to participate in the funeral. He went on to reassure their future owners that they will return to the Kentucky warehouse this evening and be re-placed into their shipping boxes for delivery next week around the country.

While slightly mechanical sounding at times, the choir's choice of song was clearly appreciated by the procession members. "It was wonderful to hear them" said Pamela, kindle owner who traveled with her kindle to attend the ceremony. "When you consider that the text to speech is still experimental, it just sends shivers down your spine" she said.

Following the choir, thousands of kindle version 1s, dressed in black and holding miniature roses silently marched in tribute to their fallen e-reader sister, followed by their owners. "Wow, what a sight. It was like a somber march of the penguins" stated Bufo Calvin, another funeral attendee. "I have never seen such an expression of grief mixed with solidarity; and to think it all was because of a cable guy...."

Following the brief ceremony at the memorial cemetery, Kindling Kowboy wrapped Lulubelle in an Oberon leather cover that he had ordered for her just prior to the accident and laid her to rest.

Speaking to reporters after the ceremony, Kindling Kowboy said: "I bought the Oberon cover thinking it would be for a different use than what I put it to today. But thinkin' it over, it came when it did so I could give my lil Lulubelle a little extra cushion as she goes to that special place in heaven that is reserved for kindles."

Kowboy then excused the reporters saying he wanted to finish off his bottle of tequila next to the gravesite. He said he would then have a rib eye steak dinner before he returned home to renew his life without Lulubelle. "

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 8:59:53 PM PDT
flipoid says:
Most *definitely* dog at his finest!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 12:32:39 PM PDT
Grapes&Wrath says:
Perfect!

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 12:35:12 PM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
Most definitely. dog is still missed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 6:40:56 PM PDT
Blue Goddess says:
Sighs......yep.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 9:21:42 PM PDT
malay<3sia says:
Awwww..... <sniff> ;_(

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 10:03:59 PM PDT
I dreamt once of dog there. Meeting Lulubelle. All the stories that they had to share.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 11:02:46 AM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
You're gonna have me crying and that is NOT gonna be pretty on top of my head cold!

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 11:04:55 AM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
I haven't been feeling well with a cold so my friend, Karen, made homemade chicken noodle soup for me and stocked me up on tissues, gingerale and gatorade. I almost cried. Those are the kind of friends you keep and treasure. The ones that truly care about you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 3:15:19 PM PDT
My friends can't cook or shop so they just get me tequila and hookers. I think I'll keep 'em (the friends--never could seem to keep tequila or hookers).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 5:20:05 PM PDT
flipoid says:
I'm sorry that you don't feel well, Kristy Ann. It was very sweet of your friend to make you the soup and get the tissues, etc. I hope that you feel better soon. *HUGS*

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 5:21:52 PM PDT
malay<3sia says:
In a vain effort at keeping this discussion at a PG rating or less, I'm going to go with definition 2 below:

hooker (noun)
2. A one-masted sailboat of a kind used esp. in Ireland for fishing.
3. A glass or drink of undiluted brandy, whiskey, or other liquor.

I can understand why you can't keep the tequilla or other libations given in your honor, but you really should be more careful with those boats. I recommend letting the horse handle the sails and strapping yourself to
thr turtle in hopes of making it back to shore.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 5:26:45 PM PDT
malay<3sia says:
Aargh, I love my Fire, but it has definite limitations, such as not letting me see or correct text in a small text box such as my previous post. Ah well, it's figure-out-able.

I was going to add, Kristy Ann, that your friend definitely sounds like a keeper.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 5:43:26 PM PDT
flipoid says:
I don't understand why the Fire has that glitch about posting on the Fire. It's very annoying.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 5:55:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 11:39:45 PM PDT
malay<3sia says:
It really is, and making corrections is a pain in the tuchus. But my laptop is mostly dead, and the Fire has been my lifeline these past few months.

Did you see the $30 voucher Amazon offered for a new Fire? Makes me wonder if they're getting ready to release a new model and are clearing out old stock.

(Edited to change lapyop to laptop before someone catches onto my latest get-rich scheme and starts producing lapyops by the dozen before I get my version out there.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 6:44:14 PM PDT
flipoid says:
Yes, I saw the $30 voucher. There was also the $30 voucher for the Basic Kindle several weeks ago--I didn't get a voucher (they were sold out by the time I looked on the local.amazon site), but I was able to get the $49 Kindle from someone who bought it and then changed her mind. So I have a "baby" Kindle now. (-:

I'm sorry your laptop stopped working; good thing you have your Fire. (-:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 8:23:56 PM PDT
Ahoy!

"hooker (noun)
2. A one-masted sailboat of a kind used esp. in Ireland for fishing.
3. A glass or drink of undiluted brandy, whiskey, or other liquor."

2 and 1/2 then. And I refuse to make a joke about the first mate.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:38:08 PM PDT
What a nice post, KK, remembering Dog via this post. I couldn't help but laugh at the K1's marching along, looking like penguins. I didn't realize Bufo had been a Kindler since the very beginning.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 5:37:59 PM PDT
He wasn't from the very beginning. He became pervasive not too long before dog made that post. Glad you enjoyed the re-posting.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 5:12:24 AM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
I think one of KK's best was the description of what happened to Lulubelle. I believe it was titled something like "God is trying to kill me."

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 8:35:03 PM PDT
Lost the link to that. But from what I remember, He missed. Lulubelle threw herself on the grenade.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:43:36 AM PDT
Unca Roggie says:
Remember when we all used to talk about our personal incidents of people stopping us to ask about our Kindles?

It hasn't happened in awhile, to me...but today while sitting in a restaurant reading the last of Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" (YIKES...what a story!!!) a nice woman very politely (I AM in Canada, now, after all) asked if she could beg a favour (notice Canadian spelling) of me.

I assumed she had spotted me poking the "next page" button on my Kindle, which was sitting very prominently on the table, supported in a perfect position by a little wire "plate holder" device...and that she was going to ask questions about it.

Instead, it was to get my permission to take a PHOTO of me, using it. She said she was doing a piece on "e-publishing" and glanced over to see me in a pose that exactly depicted what it was she was trying to point out, in her writing. Thankfully, I'd shaved and picked out a decent shirt to wear, in spite of having known I was just going to the local "working man's" joint, for a late breakfast.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 6:05:46 AM PDT
Ha! That is really funny, Unca! Your little vignette reminded me of John Irving's comments about Canada in A Prayer for Owen Meany. He stated on several occasions that in Canada, unlike New England, people actually were polite and would kindly give you directions if you asked them. Cracked me up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:25:51 AM PDT
malay<3sia says:
Cool. Signed copies of the article with photo for all your DPII friends? Or at least post a link for us if it is available digitally.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 12:31:04 PM PDT
flipoid says:
Yes, I would definitely love to read the article and see the picture! Very cute story!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  6309
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions