Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

DP II: Doggone! But Not Forgotten

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5551-5575 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:41:05 PM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
That's an awesome story Unca. I got into a Kindle vs Nook debate at work and made my point so much that 3 people who were gonna buy Nooks bought Kindles instead! I still think that by far it is the superior device and selection of books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 1:10:34 PM PDT
I totally agree, Kristy Ann. My brother asked me the same question - kindle vs nook. For me, the biggest factor is having Amazon behind the device - it will never go out of business, they have the largest selection of books, and their customer service is beyond belief! Brother is getting a kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 1:29:38 PM PDT
Unca Roggie says:
While I was in here last night, writing that last posting, I was led to the list of currently active threads being added to, here--and noticed a new "Nook vs. Kindle" discussion had just started.

I was curious to see if we still had "Nook shills" coming to the Amazon website to try to get that product advertised for free.

Does everyone remember the hot and heavy crap going on, over that, a few years back? There were at least three zany people who seemed to make it their life's work, to get us to hate the Kindle and begin worshiping at the alter of Nook.

So I added a little earflick of a posting there, recalling all this (with a between the lines warning that it better not be starting up again.)

Not that I CARE all that much...but it made for some passionate postings, alright.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:59:05 PM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
Didn't your parents teach you NOT to poke the bee hive with a stick? Lol Unca. Lol

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 8:39:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 8:41:48 PM PDT
Dictum says:
Editing seems not to be working for me today, so I'm not sure what I'm doing with this post. Here's the link to Kowboy's "death van" thread. His cohorts are definitely less polite than Unca's Canadians.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1/185-4740467-6522535?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3TLF747HG5SJX&displayType=tagsDetail

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 10:51:15 PM PDT
malay<3sia says:
Thanks for the link, Dictum. I reread the whole thing. It was just as hilarious now as when it was first written, but poignant. I laughed. I sighed. If I were a drinker, I'd have a shot of tequilla. Instead, I raise my iced tea in honor of dog and Lulubelle. I hope they're both enjoying greener pastures and that they smile down on us from time to time.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:00:08 PM PDT
I believe these postings awakened the Big Guy to unfinished business. I got a separated shoulder and generally bung-up yesterday in a climbing fall. My arm's in a sling but the good news is that it's the right one and I didn't have my kindle on me :)

Nevertheless, I blame Kristy Ann. With the exception of a fractured sternum when a car hit me, I've been chugging along fine 'til she "ahemmed" God and pointed at me. Thanks, Kristy Ann! My bills are in the mail ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 1:30:46 PM PDT
"climbing fall?" Isn't that an oxymoron?

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:35:34 PM PDT
flipoid says:
Sorry that you were injured, KK. I hope that you heal quickly!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 1:46:57 PM PDT
Ya can't fall without climbing, even if it's just to your feet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 1:47:39 PM PDT
Thanks, flip :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 2:04:23 PM PDT
I agree with you, too, Kristy Ann, but I try to avoid getting into a debate, because it seems like Nook people are just as avid believers in the superiority of the Nook as we are about the Kindle, so I rarely win that dispute. But I have encouraged a few of my fellow commuter train riders to buy the Kindle over the Nook. One of them, who fought the e-reader idea for several years, is now buying a Fire, in addition to her Touch. YEA!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 2:06:51 PM PDT
Oh OUCH; that sounds really painful, KK. Hope it heals quickly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 3:28:22 PM PDT
Was. I carry a GPS and though it shows I hit it at 18.7 mph the ground didn't seem particularly impressed, just maintained a stony countenance (dam ground!). The real fun was the 7 mile hike back to my car.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 4:28:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 4:30:18 PM PDT
ESS Mom - I'm so glad to see you. I sent you a gift last year for your birthday, but you never redeemed it. Please check you emails. I'll re-send it to you right now.

Is your email still oceana572, etc?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 4:34:04 PM PDT
Double ouch. 18.7 mph isn't exactly slow. Having a dislocated shoulder is not fun, especially when you have to walk 7 (SEVEN) miles!!!!!! I hope you feel better soon. Drink lots of tequila. Works ever time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 5:16:14 PM PDT
I wish it were dislocated, while that may hurt worse, once you pop your arm bone back into the socket it's the most instantaneous relief achievable of soft tissue injuries.

A separated shoulder is a tearing of the ligaments holding your shoulder blade and collarbone together. Having 'em not on speakin' terms'll make your suits fit funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 5:43:41 PM PDT
Crap! That really hurts! Not a rotator cuff tear, I hope. Will PT fix you up?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 6:08:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 6:08:56 PM PDT
It's a cousin to that. But no worries, I fix up fine :)
Learning how to do everything one-handed is challenging though.
Mostly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 7:02:10 PM PDT
Are you left-handed?

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 7:14:37 PM PDT
malay<3sia says:
Ouch, KK. So sorry, but also thankful; it could have been much worse. Hope you're able to let it rest as much as possible and that you'll have a quick recovery.

You do let people know where you'll be and when you should be back when you go on these wilderness hikes, don't you? (Sheesh, I sound like your mother! Just a concerned friend who wants you to stay safe.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 7:37:24 PM PDT
Yes'm.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 7:40:56 PM PDT
Let 'em know when I know, but I never know usually.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 7:49:04 PM PDT
I hesitate to mention this (because I'm a leftie, too), but you do realize that being left-handers means that we're in our right mind!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 8:16:05 PM PDT
I've seldom been accused of that.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  6309
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions