Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

DP II: Doggone! But Not Forgotten

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5576-5600 of 6268 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 8:20:48 PM PDT
That's why I hesitated to mention it;-p

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 8:26:30 PM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
You'll do anything to get outta helping me paint. Won't you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 8:58:05 PM PDT
Sorry, the Doc prescribed meds for anything paintful.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 9:32:46 PM PDT
Ken Sims says:
But at least if you kick the bucket, it's just messy, not fatal.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 10:16:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 10:33:39 PM PDT
Yes! And death is a pre-existing conditon!

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 1:41:28 PM PDT
Just a heads up.....The Five by Robert McCammon is on sale today for $2.99. I loved it and highly recommend it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 2:24:16 PM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
I read almost anything so I picked it up. Will try it on your recommendation Mother Beaver.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 2:29:21 PM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
What is absolutely scary is that it's the 6 year old who wants to help paint. I shudder to think of that mess!

My feel good moment of the month: My family showed up for a surprise housewarming party Thursday evening. My brother and his family drove over an hour and my Grammo who will be 86 next month came too. I almost cried to see all of my family there. It's been so long since I was able to have my family over for anything. There is a lot of bad blood between them and my soon to be exhusband over the way he treated me. (and the things he did) The simple funny moment was when we all realized that my little guy, Alex was wearing his brown tee shirt with a John Deere symbol on it that said "will trade brother for tractor" and his cousin who is two months younger than he is was wearing his John Deere green tee shirt that said "will trade sister for tractor" What a cute photo op. I think between the two of them they have 1 whole front tooth. They are both six so they currently have smiles that resemble jack o' lanterns.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:22:16 PM PDT
Kristy Ann - It's one of my favorite McCammon books and I highly recommend it. It's a story about love, friendship, loyalty, forgiveness and redemption. And it's also a tribute to all of the bands, songwriters, and performers who have influenced McCammon. He has pages and pages at the back of the book listing all of musicians he loves and appreciates. That in itself was fascinating reading! Great book! I've recommended it to all of my friends.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 6:50:53 AM PDT
Happy Father's Day, all you fathers!!!

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 5:45:08 PM PDT
Ann T. says:
I have away a long while!! I have followed just not played.... just got an odd email..someone named Becky (Howell) Rose is asking for information on how to contact Kindling Kowboy. Kowboy do you know who she might be...it was worded rather oddly. About how I had expressed concern a while back for Kiddling Kowboy and that she really needs to have contact information for him...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:04:48 PM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
Sounds like KK has a stalker to me!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:46:01 PM PDT
flipoid says:
Left-handers are the only ones in their right minds. (-; (And, yes, I'm a lefty as well!)

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:42:16 PM PDT
I've noticed that Angry Birds on a tablet is very difficult for a right hander, your arm is in the way. So you leftys rock!!

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:44:43 PM PDT
Ann T. the person requesting KK's email must have the correct security clearance, haha. She knows he's not a real person, right? Just a figment of our imagination brought to life by Maurice Sendak (who I believe is dead now).

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 6:22:15 PM PDT
Ann T. says:
i am trying to figure out how she found me!! but i guess since i go back to 2008 in this thread with Dog and everyone, maybe my address was around. i am still very tech challenged so who knows...it was just very weird.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 2:20:57 PM PDT
Yes I know what you mean about weird. I only have AOL instant messenger installed on one computer. But every couple of weeks I will get a message that I am signed on in two locations. Huh? I have yet to master the being in two places at once thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 2:57:15 PM PDT
ESS Mom says:
Hi Mother Beaver - oh, thank you! I will check my emails and see whether I can find it. My home email (the 572 one) has a really bad habit of sending emails it doesn't recognize somewhere into cyberspace. I'll check at home tonight or this weekend.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 12:15:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2012 12:15:21 PM PDT
While we were on vacation my son and his girlfriend were watching old scifi type movies on the day that it rained a lot. One of the movies they watched was "War Games" with Matthew Broderick and Alley Sheedy. My son says, " so thats why you say, 'Shall we play a game' in that weird computer voice when one of our computers acts weird." I had explained it to them before but there's nothing like actually seeing the movie. Now we use the phrase "global thermonuclear war" every time something goes wrong around the house. Love bridging the generations.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 1:01:46 PM PDT
Blue Goddess says:
Love that movie! No kids here, but a hubby who didn't see many movies or watch too much TV, so I am always having to explain things too. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 3:10:09 PM PDT
flipoid says:
That's a cute story, Brain Wave. (-:

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 3:15:19 PM PDT
I was telling them about standing in line at the Westwood Cinemas in LA to get tickets to the first Star Wars movie. A bunch of us had taken the afternoon off from work to wait in a long line to get tickets for the first evening showing. When we got to the window they were selling tickets to an afternoon showing in 3 days, haha. We bought them and took another afternoon off from work and were totally wowed. Of course we stood in line with them to see the later Star Wars, Harry Potter, LOTR, etc. so they realized we had the background for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 6:26:51 AM PDT
I just checked my account and your old ebook still hasn't been redeemed. Check your junk mail for something from gretchenbatton@........I just re-sent it again this morning.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:53:39 AM PDT
Kristy Ann says:
The first movie I ever saw in the theaters was Return of the Jedi. It was so awesome. My brother has been in love with Carrie Fisher ever since!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 10:12:02 AM PDT
ESS Mom says:
Hi Mother Beaver: Thank you so much! I found the mail and redeemed the ebook --- then I couldn't find the Dog Pound to thank you --- had to go back 14 pages to find it. Anyway I really appreciate the gift.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
82 1 day ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put a Stelvin Closure on Your Tequila Arm and Prepare for the Apocalypse! Grab the Midnight Goats, Orange Loving Cows, Cat and Dog Overlords of the Universe, Plus Cherie! So Geese! 9286 30 seconds ago
FREE Books & Chat - Sunday 13th July, 2014 46 2 minutes ago
where do you find Listmania? 7 4 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 1618 6 minutes ago
Reading books on the Paperwhite 6 6 minutes ago
Potentially Perky People - Part Deux 3369 7 minutes ago
raok 77 - a glimpse of heaven? 6780 13 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 2849 14 minutes ago
Bubble Witch Saga 2 10 14 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  64
Total posts:  6268
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions