Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

10th Dime-nsion of NonSense

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5776-5800 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:49:29 AM PST
We forgot the clocks last night, but this morning, the Fire had already reset. A few seconds looking from it to the "regular" clock on my mantle reminded me. So the boy asked to watch Madagascar 3 in my room...it's awful.

I broke down & bought the latest (now 3 years old, I think) Outlander book. It was panned by readers; I've been hesitant to read it, for fear of ruining the story. But I feel I need to know what happens. I began the series over yesterday; it'll take me the re-reading to work up to what I suspect will be wrenching.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 5:41:17 AM PST
Stan says:
I haven't read the Outlander Series...Too much else in the TBR...From what I've gathered here in Ward doesn't the series basically boil down to some guy named Jamie poking men with a sword and poking women....well anyway...

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 6:40:05 AM PST
Cindy says:
Now Stan....don't go being jealous of our lusting over Jamie (pant, pant, pant), after all, he is a fantasy and you are our handsome, manly reality man.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:56:28 AM PST
I loved the first book and then it went way downhill for me, I think I gave up after the third. Much like ender's game, loved the first one then blah blah and more blah.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:26:02 AM PST
The 2nd book, with all the political intrigue, was frustrating. It picked back up (for me) after that, but then somewhere between 4&5, I kind of went, "Whaaat?" but I was so invested, I had to keep going. I'm dreading Echo in the Bone, but Gabaldon promises that there *is* an actual end to Jamie & Claire's saga, and that it will be "happy". So...slog along I must.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 10:12:42 AM PST
flipoid says:
I couldn't read the Outlander series, mainly because, from what I could tell of the sample of the first one a while back, it's in first person. I don't do well with first-person written books.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 10:14:32 AM PST
Good afternoon everyone! I needed a giggle so I thought I'd share the closest I've come to church in a while...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVheYo6fmeQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:07:46 PM PST
I NEVER make pot roast but I made a slammin pot roast today!

Beef, celery, onions, potatoes & carrots (I didn't eat the carrots but put 'em in there because they make food taste good & hubby loves em).

Some asparagus & cornbread on the side & DAYUM.....time for my nap!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:09:21 PM PST
You HAVE to put carrots in or it's just not right!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:12:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 2:15:57 PM PST
Much of it is, although not all of it. At numerous points, the pov shifts to 3rd limited when we need to be in someone else's head.

ETA: Only Claire ever speaks in 1st person, being the lynchpin. The 3rd person (usually limited) is employed more and more as the story progresses, since we have to keep up with more and more characters, often geographically separated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:41:13 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
Hope you have a good day geocaching, Stan.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:47:54 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
I suggest you wait until the newest book comes out before you start reading it. There are several cliff hangers!!!!! I was so mad! Unless you like her Lord John books, just skim over all the boring parts, there are a lot of them. I would say that about 2/3rds of the book could have been edited out. JMHO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:49:05 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
No! He is a hunk in a kilt though. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:49:38 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
You tell him, Cindy! *swoon*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:51:12 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
Breath of Snow and Ashes was good! It might be my favorite after the first one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:55:01 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
Okay, that political intrigue that is what you will need to skim in Echo in the Bone. And like I said, there is a lot of it. I was very disappointed it and then with all the cliff hangers, that just sort of made me irate. Just sayin'

I will not be buying the next one until the price drops dramatically. I have waited this long a couple more years won't make any difference now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:58:56 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
I have heard some people say that, what is it about first person POV you don't like? The books I am reading now are first person POV and I am enjoying them and I liked Outlander.

I did read one that I couldn't finish though, there was a lot of narrative and it just drove me nuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:00:26 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:01:21 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
*drool* That sounds good!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:01:58 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
*nods* I love carrots cooked with a roast.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:53:23 PM PST
Yeah, I know but I sure don't have to eat 'em! I don't eat cooked carrots, I'll spend as much time as it takes to scoop each and every one of them out of my soup, stew, whatever.

Now give me a raw carrot and I'll munch for ya like Bugs Bunny, "Ahh, what's up doc?"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:55:52 PM PST
LT  says:
I'm withya there! A carrot is NOT meant to be cooked!

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:05:25 PM PST
Just got back from the hospital. FIL was much less confused today, knew who everyone was (me, hubby, the candidate and The Mother all managed to arrive within minutes of each other).

He slips back and forth between the past and the present (but I actually noticed him doing that quite a bit for the last 5-6 months or so), I remind myself that he IS 87 years old, after all.

The infection is down and they hope to be able to put the stomach feeding tube in on Tuesday. He told us that his doctor had been in this morning and told him about the operation so he does retain some memory (we checked with his nurse, this was true)! Then about 30 minutes into the visit, he recanted, said he had not seen the doc.

I have been through this but hubby has not. He doesn't see his dad as an 87 year-old man, he just sees his dad. But he was bolstered by the length of time he was lucid and I'm grateful for that. Let's hope tomorrow is even better....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 5:42:38 PM PST
Stan says:
Now that cat can preach!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 5:46:49 PM PST
Stan says:
Not me...Those poor ole carrots get caught in the black hole just like the roast and the potatos and the mushrooms....etc...They are devoured, chewed, smacked over and ingested!
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Forum self-discipline 38 33 seconds ago
RAOK, welcome to the wonderful world of RAOK 6686 1 minute ago
Marking Books as Read from KU 9 2 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 1397 6 minutes ago
why can't I loan some books that I have bought 6 9 minutes ago
How to put wallpaper on your kindle fire hd? 305 9 minutes ago
Lady GaGa 0 17 minutes ago
Closing apps on Kindle Fire HD... 86 20 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 408 21 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 5916 25 minutes ago
Can you permanently delete MULTIPLE books at once? 28 33 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions