Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

OT: Our Ship Don't Sink

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 6526-6550 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:07:39 AM PDT
Laurie says:
I think the ame nay. But work intruded so I guess I'll never know. Stinking work. Why didn't I marry a sugar daddy so I could live the life I wish to be accustomed to? Oh yeah, I'm too stinking picky. D@mn those foolish sensiblities about looks and age.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:17:38 AM PDT
Willow3§3 says:
I ask myself that all the time, Laurie. Then, I am reminded of Anna Nicole Smith and her marriage to that super old guy & how creepy that was; I realize just how good I have it. :p

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:40:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 8:42:21 AM PDT
Laurie says:
Ewww! I forgot about that. I don't know how she could do that. That guy gave me the creeps and I didn't have to get naked in front of him. Or do obscene things to his old, wrinkly woo-hoo. My criteria for a sugar daddy is they need to be good looking, not too much older or younger than me, extremely wealthy and not mind that I'll have an ex-husband that I've promised to always cook for no matter what. Seriously, my husband always says that even if I leave him I am still required to cook for him at least 3 times a week. I'm not even going to mention the other stuff he thinks I should also do.

So you can see how that narrows the playing field ;O)

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:48:41 AM PDT
Willow3§3 says:
Oh yeah, I'm sure that's a simple order to fill.

-Let me call the True Blood boys. I'm sure at least one of them is free (we can trade as we get bored of each).

Posted on May 31, 2012 9:40:50 AM PDT
Carbonbased says:
Pig track--I'm betting this is a regional thing. In my neck of the woods, we'd talk of following a deer trail. They're notorious for starting out looking like something a park ranger would be proud of, branching down then disappearing completely in the middle of an impenetrable thicket.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 9:49:50 AM PDT
Laurie says:
It should be a simple order but somehow it's not ;O(

Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep the hubby around. I do have him reasonably well trained after all this time. And he's not too hard on the eyes.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 9:50:58 AM PDT
Willow3§3 says:
My hubby made smoothies last night. That earns him at least another year. ;-) (Plus, I don't cook so I'd be on the losing end of that.)

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 9:51:04 AM PDT
quilt lover says:
Of course the eyes are going, but it all works out for the best ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 9:52:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 9:54:07 AM PDT
Laurie says:
Ooh smoothies. That sounds great right about now. I don't cook nearly as much as I used to. Half the time I'm by myself.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 9:53:23 AM PDT
Laurie says:
How did you know? Did my optometrist call you?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 10:00:13 AM PDT
quilt lover says:
No, my hubby tells me I get more beautiful every day. I just figured that had to be it ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 10:02:21 AM PDT
Laurie says:
What a great hubby. You should probably keep him;O)

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 10:04:21 AM PDT
quilt lover says:
Yeah, that's the plan!

Posted on May 31, 2012 10:39:02 AM PDT
If one "found" money, it was alleged to have been found in a pig track because pig tracks are/were a common sight in the rural South.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 11:40:11 AM PDT
Willow3§3 says:
Yeah. That's a keeper. Mine never compliments me. (but ... there is the smoothie thing. And the cooking thing...)

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 11:55:41 AM PDT
Willow3§3 says:
You have a one track mind DMK. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 11:58:24 AM PDT
Laurie says:
Mine's not big with compliments either. Every once in awhile. But I guess there are worse things. He does a lot of the cooking when he's home too so I don't have to bother when I get out of work.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 5:19:31 PM PDT
How can a husband (or wife for that matter) not compliment their spouse? It's not like you have been married 30 years and the closest you get to sex is when you tell each other "screw you" as you pass in the hallway.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 6:25:01 AM PDT
Willow3§3 says:
Some men just aren't verbal. They show you how they feel in the little gestures they do (like make a surprise smoothie for their spouse). Sometimes I miss the constant compliments my ex gave me, but my husband and I just aren't that kind of couple. He has a hard time talking about "feelings" and junk.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 8:48:23 AM PDT
Laurie says:
My husband is the same way. He does compliment me but it's not every day. He has a hard time talking about feelings and junk too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 8:58:52 AM PDT
quilt lover says:
Mine couldn't cook to save his life. Lucky for me I enjoy cooking.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 9:33:59 AM PDT
Willow3§3 says:
I get what I call "third person" compliments. I'll either overhear him saying really nice things about me, or someone will say "Mr. Willow said this fabulous thing about you, blah blah blah." -but he has a hard time saying things directly to me. Even his proposal was incredibly bad and had to be wrung out of him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 12:48:51 PM PDT
LnchL8y says:
I don't often get compliments back handed or otherwise but I don't concern myself with it
(much). *wax off*I figure the simple fact that my 23 year old husband stuck around after unplanned baby#2 and a stroke that left me unable to continue caring for him in the manner to which he had become accustomed(he had it made that first year!) compliments can't compare to that display of love/devotion but would it kill him to occasionally tell me I look nice(when I bother to get fixed up) a flower(or 2 or 3 every few years wouldn't be too much either IMO *wax on*

"wax" ="snark ya big dummies!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 12:51:32 PM PDT
quilt lover says:
I like the *wax off* *wax on* better. Sort of code, like Stilling.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 12:52:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2012 12:54:25 PM PDT
Laurie says:
You have a point there. Mine is good about the flower thing on all the appropriate holidays. Even when he's out on the boat he makes sure to call the florist and order my favorite arrangement. But still.....

Where is everyone by the way? It's raining like crazy in my part of FL. Maybe everyone's home hunkering down. Which is what I wish I was doing right now. One hour and 6 minutes to go. Not that I'm counting or anything.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions