Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Price of ebooks! (No, not the same-o, same-o)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-61 of 61 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:37:53 PM PDT
Anne Shirley says:
Are you always this good at missing the point?

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:49:53 PM PDT
SBlass says:
"where? where is the dictionary?"

In my house it (used to be, pre Kindle) on the bedside table. Post Kindle, I have no idea where that blasted thing is.

Posted on May 25, 2012 6:05:27 PM PDT
Ketta says:
I would say the trade-off for not having ownership rights is that if/when a book is updated, you are entitled to a copy of the update (that is, assuming the author correctly issues the update under the same ASIN and not a new one). If you're into indies this can be a big blessing, as beginning (but serious) authors do listen to reviews and go back and improve their editing -- more frequently than one might suppose.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 6:26:37 PM PDT
Anne Shirley says:
But really, how valuable is that? If I read (or attempt to read) a book and am seriously put off by spelling/grammar errors and/or story problems and give up on the book, (1) I will not be interested in "revisiting" that book or author under any circumstances and (2) I will have removed the book from my e-library in disgust as a time and space-waster.

Posted on May 25, 2012 6:35:27 PM PDT
In the olden days of dtb's, I used to share them / pass-them on to a certain few friends and relatives. Now in the Kindle era, my reading buddies and I have a group Kindle account.

Instead of passing on a particular book when it was finished, hoping they would like it too, we now share anytime access to the same archived library.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 6:53:32 PM PDT
Charlie Fox says:
Thanks CBR I did find that, but couldn't figure out how to 'work the system' to get it here in the US!
Your reply to Charlie Fox's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on May 25, 2012 8:09:56 PM PDT
C. Bayne says:
I don't like to read DTB's either. I was lucky enough to get an advance reading copy of the new Odd Thomas book (recommended, BTW) and I kept wishing I had it on Kindle. The advance copy was paperback, so it wasn't heavy, but I wanted to clip quotes and look up words. So even though I read it for free, I think I'll end up buying it for my Kindle. I might wait for the price to go down a bit first. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 9:09:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2012 9:10:54 PM PDT
~nospin says:
Not having to lift an unabridged dictionary again, priceless.

ETC - the a got away right before I posted. Some may call it a typo but really it said unabridged and then hit post and it said unbridged. I was not speaking of trolls and their bridges but they must be seeking liberation and turned it into unbridged.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 9:12:39 PM PDT
~nospin says:
No highlighting on those blasted paperbacks.
There are some lovely phrases that I like to highlight.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 9:27:54 PM PDT
Huzzah!! A post about someone understanding there are major perks to ebooks that just can't be done no matter how many times that book has been bargain basement priced. And double plus good on the prime note. I had prime trial and I got handed a book that I didn't have to pay for. It was done in a day cause i read fast but it was a great story and I wasn't out the money for that day's fun. I thought it very cool.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 10:16:09 PM PDT
TuxGirl says:
well, i have highlighted paperbacks... but it's a pain to find the highlights again later...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
75 19 hours ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 1064 1 minute ago
How Many KB = A Printed Page 22 1 minute ago
Can Only Borrow 1 Book a Month 232 3 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put a Stelvin Closure on Your Tequila Arm and Prepare for the Apocalypse! Grab the Midnight Goats, Orange Loving Cows, Cat and Dog Overlords of the Universe, Plus Cherie! So Geese! 9099 3 minutes ago
Potentially Perky People - Part Deux 3355 7 minutes ago
reset parental control password with deleting personal information 0 7 minutes ago
FB&C--Free Books and Chat--Thursday July 10, 2014 32 15 minutes ago
can I store TV shows on a kindle for later viewing? 1 17 minutes ago
raok 77 - a glimpse of heaven? 6426 17 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  61
Initial post:  May 25, 2012
Latest post:  May 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions