Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Downloading/playing games on Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 110 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2012 7:48:54 PM PST
@epiphany: The Fire has Flash installed already, but the latest update for the Fire switched it off by default. You can turn it on by opening the browser and then opening the Menu, then Settings and then scroll down until you see the option to turn Flash On.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 6:52:52 PM PST
How do I get a free game? It keeps asking for a credit card number...but where do you put it? I AM FRUSTRATED!!! I wish my kids had gotten me a notebook instead of this pile of .....!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 6:55:39 PM PST
@Katrina: You have to add the credit card details to your Amazon account even if the game app is free. They use the address to check that you are in the USA and thus eligible to download the game app. You can do that by logging in to your account using the Your Account link at the top of this page.

You can also find the information in the user guide on your Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 4:50:12 PM PST
jean sews says:
All of the games that I've downloaded so far do require wifi, I would love to know the answer to this one also!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:58:22 AM PST
You can use www.1mobile.com. it Works for me

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 11:08:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2012 11:15:50 AM PST
JPM says:
I am afraid you are incorrect. Almost all of the apps I have downloaded;including ones I paid for, will demand that you sync the device or they will stop working. You can see them operating behind the pop up screen but when you click OK it dumps you out. If you are frequently connected you might not encounter it. Because of the poor wifi of the Kindle Fire I am online with it rarely. This is probably a data mining gimmick by Amazon as it seems to happen to all of the apps except the core apps. Good luck if you take the Fire on vacation outside of hot spot range.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 11:15:06 AM PST
Cyriacus says:
You can either use the Amazon store from the Kindle Fire for game apps or side load them (you need to enable third party apps in settings) from Getjar.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 11:15:41 AM PST
Cyriacus says:
You have to have a payment method on file even for free games and books.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 11:17:10 AM PST
Cyriacus says:
Not all games require you to be connected (many do and many don't).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 3:15:09 PM PST
Chan says:
I am not able to play any games I downloaded (i.e angry birds, where's my water) wo a wifi connection

I hate that...why is this so?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 3:15:28 PM PST
Chan says:
I am not able to play any games I downloaded (i.e angry birds, where's my water) wo a wifi connection I hate that...why is this so?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 8:19:56 AM PDT
I did that with free games from amazon but now I can't locate them on my kindle fire . Where ate those games located

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 11:47:25 PM PDT
Hello,

I am based in the philippines and just got a kindle fire. Apparently, in order to purchase content one has to have a credit card that is registered in the US, that makes acquiring content via amazon pretty much impossible for me.

Is there a way to go around this?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2012 7:11:55 PM PDT
Perhaps something is wrong with mine then, because my apps will not play without wifi. For instance, when I attempt to play Angry Birds, I get an error message saying that I need a wifi connection to play the game....my other game apps say the same....I don't get itery disappointed in this aspect of my Fire :(

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 8:35:53 PM PDT
ASon says:
My kids both have a kindle fire and they are wanting to play games together on their own fire. Are there any games for this? Can the fires "talk" to eachother so they can play together?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2012 10:50:14 PM PDT
I would like to know the answer to this question yoo

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 2:28:54 PM PDT
REVIEWER says:
How do you find saved games on kindle fire

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 7:53:00 AM PDT
but will it play games

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 12:20:51 PM PDT
salzer says:
I am looking to update my old flip phone and get with the times...I am looking at getting a smart phone. I was also thinking about getting a kindle fire....is there a better phone like iphone vs. android phone that would work best with a kindle fire so I can share the apps or am I not allowed to share apps. Like pay once and play on both the phone and kindle fire

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 7:15:44 AM PDT
Jaime Bland says:
you still must have a credit card on file to get free stuff

Posted on May 13, 2012 7:43:57 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Some basics...

() Obviously (hopefully) if you want to play an online game or a game against an opponent on the web you have to have a wifi connection.

() Some online games cannot be played on the KF because they require that a client app run on the device. This is typically true of "Facebook" games. The client apps often cannot be played on a mobile device simply because the processor is not sufficiently powerful to run the game.

() If you get a "free" (i.e. ad supported) version of a game, you must connect to the internet periodically to get new ads. This isn't an Amazon requirement; it's the way a game developer makes money.

() If you purchase a game you may have to connect to the internet periodically to confirm that you have a legal license for the game. Again, this is not an Amazon requirement; it's a choice of a game developer to combat piracy.

Posted on May 15, 2012 10:20:35 AM PDT
Does Amazon offer a WiFi service? I bought a Kindle Fire, now would like to connect to WiFi. How do I do it?
BRyder

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 7:54:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 23, 2012 3:10:35 AM PDT
L Sibley says:
I did all of that and downloaded the games i wanted, now I am too new to my device to find where they downloaded too. Instructions said to app store, but when i go there no luck. What should i do. I went to a local store and found out that my games had not downloaded, after the store person did download them and an icon was created. He showed me how to download another game, but I tried to do what I thought he did but still no luck.

Posted on May 22, 2012 6:50:37 PM PDT
A. Browder says:
I am only interested in the free apps, it says I have to enter my credit card to download them. Is there away to block my credit card so no other games can be purchased?
Your reply to A. Browder's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 6:52:28 PM PDT
@rightstuff: No, you have to provide the wifi router at your home, attached to your broadband connection. Or you have to go to a place with a wifi hotspot, such as a library or Starbucks.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  82
Total posts:  110
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 23, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 43 customers

Search Customer Discussions