Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-72 of 72 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:22:45 AM PDT
thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:23:46 AM PDT
how do you transfer? thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:30:30 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Documents can be emailed to/from the Kindle Fire or they may be transferred directly to/from a Kindle Fire using a usb cable. It's also possible to use a third party "cloud" service such as Dropbox on both devices that maintains a copy that either device can access.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:16:18 PM PDT
Good Gracia says:
Can you only use them with MS Office or will they work with Word? (I'm. Typing this on my Kindle Fire. Wouldn't want to write long pieces on this but would like something for jotting and for minor editing.)

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 4:25:33 PM PDT
Wow, amazing how rude the trolls on here are and how they dont answer the question....
I am already a doctor and a part time game developer, mostly fluff content, simple ideas that only need a few lines of notes
that come to me on a lunch break or when a few patients cancel or late at night laying in bed. I can research later on and develop on my massive bulky gaming laptop but I like to jot the ideas down quickily when they come to me and something small light and portable like this is perfect (i use my iphone currently when an idea hits) so I think this would be a huge improvement

So yes, is there simple word processing capabilities to the Kindle fire to jot down ideas, just a paragraph at most when an inspiration hits ?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 3:15:39 PM PDT
Micki Clark says:
I believe that's a matter of perspective. I've had students type essays using the Notes function their iPhones, and they e-mail it to themselves for formatting, etc. later. Most adults would never dream of doing that. To a teenager, it's nothing.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 3:20:03 PM PDT
I wouldn't use Kindle, iPad or others like it for typing a high school paper, let alone doctorate. They are not designed for that purpose. You need a laptop for that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 3:33:25 PM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Agreed. But I typed my dissertation on an IBM Selectric where "cut and paste" meant...cut and paste. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 1:08:54 AM PDT
A. Eastham says:
Did you type that on a virtual keyboard :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 5:05:05 AM PDT
A. Johnson says:
you can connect a mouse and keyboard to the KF via bluetooth or USB, then you don't have to use the touch keyboard

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 6:33:52 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
If you've been able to connect a bluetooth mouse to the KFHD, I'd be interested in knowing which product you're referring to. As far as I know, a mouse is not supported on either the KFHD or the iPad.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 1:26:29 PM PDT
Not the original KF, AFAIK.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 3:35:56 PM PDT
jsh1120 says:
That's correct. The first generation Kindle Fire does not support bluetooth connectivity.

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 4:23:16 PM PDT
There is a website called KindleFireKeyboards.com that talks about bluetooth keyboards for the kindle fire hd. Maybe they have better answers?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 1:56:48 PM PST
J. Hatzell says:
there are attachable keyboards made for kindle fire available on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 11:56:32 AM PST
Meggy says:
I was about to post this same thing. These wish they were "know it alls" are just obnoxious. If they can't answer the question, then DON'T! I was curious about the same thing and can't believe all the garbage I'm wading through to see someone is someone can ACTUALLY answer this question. I suppose my post is contributing to the mess but I had to agree with you here! Does anyone who has actually used the bluetooth keyboard along with the Kindle Fire have feedback about the experience?

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 9:11:48 AM PST
Tom says:
You can write documents in google drive.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 9:13:06 AM PST
Tom says:
Using a bluetooth keyboards and google docs (or drive) is pretty easy on the Fire.

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 10:12:48 AM PST
I am thinking of purchasing the 8.9 hd Kindle Fire and would like to be able to download a syllabus for a college course and grade papers. It is not to replace my laptop, but to use when I am not at home. Is that possible?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2013 2:31:19 PM PST
There are several decent word processing apps for the Kindle Fire as well and there a spectrum of bluetooth mice and keyboards to assist.

In this instance the Dell Venue 8 Pro with 64 Gb and that it runs on a full version of Windows 8/8.1 so is Microsoft Office capable ( Student version included )
would be a better buy. It will also support the Kindle app for Windows so nothing lost there.

The Fire HDX's allow miracast so allows you to have access a full size monitor where as the Dell Venue does not at this instant. Yes I know they say it does but it
will but allow the Mirror Mode. They say they are working ''on it''. To access a full size monitor from the Venue 8 Pro requires a external dock such as the one Pluggable sells which works very well.

The costs between the 2 are comparable

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2014 6:58:44 PM PDT
Seems like the first person who has at least TRIED to answer the original question!

Posted on May 30, 2014 8:25:35 PM PDT
So you thought is was important to revive a thread that had been dormant for 6 months to comment on a post from 2 years before that??
Gosh, thanks!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
60 4 days ago
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
May Informal Poll--What are you reading 312 4 seconds ago
Can I track my reading times 2 36 seconds ago
We're So Quirky, Our Chihuahuas Ride Bicycles! So Geese and Tally Ho! 8252 1 minute ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 3576 3 minutes ago
Kindle (1st Generation) Dropped Serial # 5 4 minutes ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 3688 7 minutes ago
Keep losing WiFi connection 123 7 minutes ago
Toler Tech LLC 51 9 minutes ago
Amazon Appstore:Unknown Error 43 10 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  60
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  Oct 16, 2011
Latest post:  May 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions