Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #2

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:17:35 PM PDT
Oh, wait...is 'this' leading to another monumental travel escapade??

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:30:50 PM PDT
C.J. says:
Doug, in all the 50 years I've lived in the Bay Area, I've never been to Alcatraz. One weekend this month is Fleet Week and the Blue Angles will be flying, but we don't remember which weekend. Have you ever been to SF before? DH says Alcatraz at night with all the foghorns is neat. We always take tourists to China Town and down Lombard St and a ride on a cable car. Golden Gate Park has some really nice areas. But it sounds like you have some pretty good spots already picked out. Muir woods has great redwoods. If you were going to be here longer, we could meet you and take you around. There is just so much to see in this area that it is hard to pick and choose. No matter - you can't lose with your choices. Have fun. Well, you can't help but have fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:45:27 PM PDT
C.J. says:
Hi Granny, glad you made it. We were getting worried. With shorter hours and fewer days you might be able to catch up on reading and sewing doll clothes. We have acquired a few new people in this new site. Time will tell if they stay or not. I'm just so happy you are here! ♫¢¾♫¢¾ Love you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:48:49 PM PDT
C.J. says:
WooWoo Granny. You get a gold star for being #10,000!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:53:37 PM PDT
Foggy Ms says:
If you are in Sausalito, I lived there for 5 years, There is an outstanding Sushi spot "Sushi Ran" on Caledonia. Voted one of the top 100 Bay Area Restaurants.You can walk from the ferry to Caledonia. Everyone agrees that just going to the Japanese section in SF and picking a crowded spot is the way to go.
I'm not sure of your schedule but I'm available to drive you to or fro. Weird but true.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 4:57:29 PM PDT
C.J. says:
Glad you are with us, Miss M. We are still missing a few of the gang. Lala and Happy Camper and G.G, and Nadine and Jennifer are still lost. Maybe Lady can tell us where Lala is.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 5:02:57 PM PDT
Foggy Ms says:
One day we should plan a BAAA San Francisco meeting. Did not realize you were in SF Carol J Good to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:11:58 PM PDT
Sandra says:
Hi Mit.....it was a surprise to me, too. At the bottom of our original discussion, I clicked on the "start a new discussion" and our new discussion popped up under the kindle forum. Could it have something to do with our © after BAAA....??? :o)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:23:43 PM PDT
R. Doug says:
Carol, I really, REALLY appreciate that offer, but as you've already seen, we have a full plate on this trip (unless we could meet for lunch somewhere - our first day there is the planned sushi event). Yes, we've been to San Francisco many a time, including a two-night stay on our honeymoon before our flight to Oahu. We've done China Town, Golden Gate Park, Sausalito, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, the cable cars, etc. We've even done Benihana's with my father-in-law. About the only thing we've yet to do is Coit Tower.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:25:39 PM PDT
R. Doug says:
Thank you so much, Joanne. Alas, we're at the mercy of the tour operator for the Sausalito/Muir Woods excursion, and they have to get us back to The Love Boat in time for a 1:00 PM sailing. That's why we're planning sushi on the arrival date rather than the next day.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:27:16 PM PDT
R. Doug says:
We really should do that, Joanne. And you and Carol should get together sometime as well.

Perhaps you could accompany Carol to Alcatraz Island. I here's she's never been there despite having lived the area for some 50 years. ;o)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:29:50 PM PDT
C.J. says:
Joanne, I'm in the South Bay, about 20 minutes (8 miles) from Los Gatos, in the Santa Cruz Mts. Where are you?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:32:43 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
OH, Mit, I caught that we would have to move and the link that was in our old discussion. I don't know how I ever could have found and we did wonder about you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:39:27 PM PDT
C.J. says:
Doug, next time you are out our way DH could give you and Ursula a flying tour of the Bay. Then you could see our gorgeous 210 in the flesh! As a special treat I'd even let you sit in the front seat!

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 5:45:23 PM PDT
Brendaisy says:
Has anyone purchased one of the new kindle fires? I am curious to know whether I should upgrade or wait till something happens to my fire. I always thought the one thing they missed on the original fire was was a camera. Maybe I should surprise my hubby with one for our anniversary or Christmas. He is hard to buy for.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:54:46 PM PDT
PegB says:
Mitford - The new Reacher book is not one of the best. But after 15 or so books - can they all be great? How many times can one go into WalMart and buy a new set of clothes? That said - start reading. It is compelling enough to keep you reading.

I have listened to that Bryson book before - I just fired it up on the kitchen computer to keep me amused while cleaning the oven - and I was chuckling along so much that I put it on my iPod so I can finish it a second time. (I have 195 days of audiobooks on my kitchen computer.)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 8:01:30 PM PDT
R. Doug says:
Now THAT sounds like a lot of fun, Carol.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 9:08:23 PM PDT
Dix says:
Scott Nicholson is up to some Halloween fun.

Temporary price drop to 99¢ on his book The Home plus a chance to win a new Kindle Fire or other stuff. Check his website:

http://hauntedcomputer.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-home-for-halloween-giveaway.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ScottNicholson+%28Scott+Nicholson%29

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 4:44:43 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
I finally remembered to find Winnemucca. I always loved Geography. Hope all is going well for you two, Lady.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 5:57:52 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
Good morning, everybody. It's Monday morning. I'm back at work (wishin' I weren't). And I'm only five days away from an escape for some desperately needed R&R.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:04:49 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Good morning all.
Rainy day in Georgia.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:24:24 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Words of wisdom passed along by my GD
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
R W Emerson

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:29:46 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
If I didn't already have this book in DTB I would pick it up..on sale for $1.99 The Lacuna (P.S.) by Barbara Kingsolver.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 6:56:55 AM PDT
Dix says:
Hello, James R. Scarborough in Costa Rica. I spent a few minutes this morning looking at the Baen Free Library as you suggested. There are no Kindle formatted books (MOBI) that I saw in my brief browse through, probably because the latest date under "new" is the year 2010. Are they no longer actively adding content? What is your personal experience using the site?

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:58:53 AM PDT
Brendaisy says:
Good morning, it's sunny & cool here in Ohio. I work 5-10 tonight. Gotta get x -rayed at some point today.
I am still sewing doll clothes completed a nightgown and the pants outfits sat. Didn't sew at all yesterday, I took a pain pill and didn't know how it would effect me. I don't think it effected me other than relieving the pain. I'll check in later.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions