Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Will the Kindle Fire support the HBO GO and MAX GO apps?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 156 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 1, 2012 11:38:47 AM PST
ooma says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 10:40:01 AM PST
MelanieC says:
Has anyone found a fix yet for HBOgo? The app is downloaded (I backdoored it) and tries to open but then I message pops up and says " HBOgo is not supported on this device".

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 10:57:16 AM PST
MelanieC says:
I did a bit more research and now HBOgo is now working on my KF!!!!

The credit goes to: Anonymous on
http://jdbausch.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-side-load-hbo-go-on-kindle-fire.html

Anonymous said...
I have found a way for HBO Go to work!

1. Turn off your wifi on the Fire.
2. Start hbo go app
3. App will state it needs Internet connection
4. Turn wifi back on
5. Click try again button in hbo app
6. Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 10:59:46 AM PST
Bryan says:
Do you have to have an android phone number to set the app up?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 11:00:43 AM PST
When my Kindle Fire first came I sideloaded HBO GO and it worked. Software update 6.2 stopped it from working (says not supported). So Amazon decided to prevent it from working.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 11:01:28 AM PST
Thanks will try that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 11:03:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2012 11:04:19 AM PST
Not true - it stopped before 6.2 came out, within a couple of days of the Fire's release. It is HBO that is blocking it, as they have not yet certified the Fire for their products. Melanie's process probably works because it blocks the apps attempt to check with HBO before starting.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 11:07:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2012 11:07:17 AM PST
Well coincidence then as it stopped working for me as soon as 6.2 was applied.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 11:10:08 AM PST
Yes, the timing was pretty close - not surprised you assumed that, but the switch was actually thrown at HBO, not by Amazon.

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 11:15:56 AM PST
Conspiracy theories yum yum...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 12:26:39 PM PST
M. Ratcheson says:
Yes, I'm sure the HBOgo app was blocked for me before I applied the Fire update.

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 3:51:42 PM PST
That trick worked! Wifi off at first till warning then on.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 3:12:08 AM PST
Hv says:
how do u sign into your account on the hbo thing? it works fine with this trick but once you need to sign in, it crashes and the same "no supported" message comes in

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 3:17:51 AM PST
Hv says:
there is no "violation of end user agreement" rooting the kindle Fire or sideloading apps is perfectly Legal.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 7:25:03 AM PST
MelanieC says:
I didn't have that problem. Sorry that it isn't working for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 7:43:40 AM PST
KungPowJAMMA says:
I have not tried the HBO GO since a few days before HBO blocked the Fire ... but I am sure it is still operating the same buggy way. Such as if you change the volume level it will either crash or restart the movie...

I will just keep hoping someone at HBO will take note of the Kindle Fire popularity an decide to make the small changes needed to work well with the Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 1:34:20 PM PST
Judy Cole says:
Can I watch TNT or USA on my kindle through Cox?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 7:15:09 PM PST
S. Wright says:
Where is the download folder?

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 1:21:13 PM PST
AJ says:
Any updates on this, is the HBO and Max applications available for use on the Fire yet? Thanks for any information that can be provided.....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 5:30:40 AM PST
matt says:
I will try and find the link, but I believe HBOGO in in the works for the Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 5:30:41 AM PST
matt says:
I will try and find the link, but I believe HBOGO in in the works for the Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2012 8:26:13 PM PST
ter sec says:
When's the app coming out?

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 7:23:12 PM PST
Pen Name says:
The display on my kindle fire is very jittery when changing the page when reading a book. Have others experienced this?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 8:01:49 PM PST
Diana says:
When you "root" a device, you are bypassing the restrictions put in place by the vendor (Amazon) in order to load third party apps or bypass other restrictions. Amazon specifically has a clause referring to that in their License Agreement and Terms of Use for Kindles:

No Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, Disassembly, or Circumvention. You may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Kindle or the Software, whether in whole or in part, create any derivative works from or of the Software, or bypass, modify, defeat, or tamper with or circumvent any of the functions or protections of the Kindle or Software or any mechanisms operatively linked to the Software, for example, by augmenting or substituting any digital rights management functionality of the Kindle or Software.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200506200

Whether a person chooses to do that or not, it is their business. However, it is false to say it does not violate their user agreement because it does and should something malfunction with your device and you try to get warranty service, they see it has been altered they may refuse that service.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012 6:20:36 AM PST
snorkelsandy says:
That looks easy, but I cannot find the HBOgo app on Amazon where I usually get my apps.
Can someone help me to actually get the HBOgo app and then walk me through downloading it only my Fire?
thanks!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  69
Total posts:  156
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 35 customers

Search Customer Discussions