Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 328 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 1:21:05 PM PST
help i cant as from today ,i use sky73536

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 1:25:25 PM PST
just yesterday the 18/02/12 my book went funny wont reg my password or my sky73536 network, so cant log in i feel like crying as i bought books to read when i go in hospital

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 2:19:38 PM PST
Michelle says:
My kindle wont charge I have tried 4 different chargers and all the outlets in the house. It is the kindle thats not working I guess. Has this happened to anyone else? How do I fix it?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 5:38:00 AM PST
I had simiilar problems, along with charging problems.. Just received my original at Christmas.. this is my 2nd Fire.. I had no problems receiving a replacement at Best Buy.. I also purchased a 2. Yr warranty, but product is still under manufacturer's warranty. LOVE my Fire otherwise.. hoping first was just a lemon..

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 5:44:34 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
For many of these problems you first want to try a restart - hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds (count them slowly).

You can also find more information and contact customer service http://amazon.com/kindlesupport

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 6:22:52 AM PST
Hi,
Mine is stuck in deregister. My cousin died and now I have her Kindle 4 and it won't let me deregister her and add me! Please, any suggestions. thanks. Jo

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 6:31:12 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
I would contact Customer Service.

From the Kindle Support link above, you can click on Contact Us.
You can also find a user guide to download in PDF form to help you with using the Kindle.

We are only other customers in this forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 9:14:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2012 9:17:32 AM PST
I have the Kindle Fire, and I am also having the problem of when I turn off the kindle the book goes back to the Cloud. I can't read the book other than from my home, where I get the Wi-Fi. Why do I have to beconnected to the internet even though I'm on the device, not the cloud? I tried downloading the book again, and the same problem occurs. Any help on how to fix this would be great.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 2:19:31 PM PST
Anne M. says:
I just got off the phone with Amazon after my Kindle had lines on it, it's a Kindle DX from 12/2010. They told me it cannot be fixed, I can buy another one at the "reduced price" of $170. Why would I throw good money after bad? If I were you, I would google Kindle Complaints. You'll be shocked. I'm going to buy an iPad.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 2:39:54 PM PST
When your iPad has a problem 2 months out of warranty, you'll have to pay full price to get a new one. Amazon is offering you a good deal, you should take it. I love my DXG and would jump at that offer if something happened to mine. Reading on an iPad won't even compare.

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 5:38:13 AM PST
Any one have issues with audio portion of Kindle touch? It did work but now it will not?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2012 6:48:56 AM PST
I had the same problem with my brand new kindle I had it for 2months and quit charging so I called amazon and in less than 5mins of talking to them they were sending me a new kindle fire!!!! I got it 2days earlier than they said all i had to do was send back the defective one. They have been really great with helping me when I have any problems, so if I was you just call amazon custumor servive.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 9:20:27 PM PDT
M. Byrne says:
My kindle continues to flash past pages I am reading. It zooms to parts of the book way ahead and won't stop. Only after I force it off do it stay at one page but then I have to back it up again to where I was and it does it all over again. I'm about to throw it out the window!

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 8:32:23 AM PDT
I don't have sound on my Kindle touch - anyone else have this problem??

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 8:38:44 AM PDT
❤ Ann says:
@M. Byrne - Which Kindle do you have? Have you tried rebooting it? Have you considered contacting customer support for help?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 8:40:05 AM PDT
❤ Ann says:
@Carol - No. Are you trying to use text-to-speech or an audiobook or ? Are you using the speakers or headphones? Have you checked that the volume is turned up?

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 5:28:54 PM PDT
Thanks Ann for responding. Audiobook. The strange thing is that is worked for a short while on a 'sample' book. I got the Kindle Touch for Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 5:29:19 PM PDT
Thanks Ann for responding. Audiobook. The strange thing is that is worked for a short while on a 'sample' book. I got the Kindle Touch for Christmas.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 5:36:52 PM PDT
Got a kindle fire about 2 months ago. Suddenly I cannot connect to WiFi. It's asking for my restrictions password. I don't think I ever set one. I've heard that I will need to go back to original settings and lose everything....any other suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 5:52:53 AM PDT
Unless you are in your own area, could it be you're in an area of password protected WiFi? My home WiFi is password protected - grandsons need signon to use WiFi at my house. Just a guess but maybe? For me, not having a 'store' to take the Kindle to with issues is a pain.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 6:19:55 AM PDT
SeaLevel274 says:
Were you originally connected to your own Wi-Fi? If not, and if you were connecting to a neighbor's, they may have added a password. If it's your Wi-Fi, try rebooting your wireless router by unplugging the power, waiting 10 seconds and then plugging it back in again.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 4:26:11 AM PDT
Thank you so much this solved my problem :)!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2012 2:00:35 PM PDT
J. T. Minton says:
I have a first generation kindle. Do I still have warranty? Is the warranty free?

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 2:02:51 PM PDT
J. T. Minton says:
About 15% of my screen is white and won't display anything. Any help?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2012 2:03:58 PM PDT
The warranty on a Kindle is for one year, so no, a first generation Kindle is not under warranty.

Have you tried replacing the battery?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  168
Total posts:  328
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 39 customers

Search Customer Discussions