Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Swagbucks Question

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7776-7800 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 11, 2011 7:37:31 PM PDT
Lib Tech says:
BethW - i stole 'swagbuck facebook' and got 8sb. Just had to do it cuz my real search for a computer term didn't bring it in for me.

Posted on May 11, 2011 8:39:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2011 10:27:51 PM PDT
OK, you guys. One of you has my triples! Give it up. :(

Only doubles so far. Lately I've had to scrounge for my search wins. I used to get what everyone else did, i.e. doubles, triples, quads. But now I seem to be always 1 or 2 behind. Do you think they know I've been cheating on them with Raz?

Edited: Why thank you, whoever gave up that triple for me. Finally got it just under the wire but no quad. Swag girl is looking a little grim so I don't think I fooled her with my swaggiest swaglook.

Posted on May 12, 2011 6:14:50 AM PDT
Gracie says:
Wow! What a quiet bunch we've become
Beth Blue Jeans, where are you?

Posted on May 12, 2011 6:44:31 AM PDT
RP says:
I finally got my *very first* quad search late last night AND completed my first survey!! I had been kicked out of all the other surveys I had tried since signing up over a month ago. I feel more like part of the club now. :)

Anna24 hope I did not take a triple from you. I feel my quad made up a little for the many days I only got doubles.
Hi there Gracie...maybe everyone is quiet just waiting for a code.

Posted on May 12, 2011 6:57:23 AM PDT
fourthdaymom says:
I feel like a dummy -- what are quads, triples, etc?

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 7:08:49 AM PDT
Gracie says:
DHenry, welcome. We've all asked the same question at some point. Doubles, triples, quads is the number of times you've gotten swagbucks in the same day for searching.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 7:09:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2011 7:11:00 AM PDT
Hi D. Henry

doubles, triple, quads = the number of searches you got swagbucks doing searches in a given day.

So, like if you did a search 'round 8am for something and got points, that's a single (and if under 10 points referred to as a guppy) and if you got 11 sb points for another search at say 1pm, that'd be doubles, etc.

edited because I am TYPO MAMMA. (and wasn't as quick typing as Gracie... sorry for the repeat)

Posted on May 12, 2011 7:12:47 AM PDT
Gracie says:
Helpful tip regarding facebook:

So we all have a facebook page we only use for swaggin'. To remove an app that you installed, on your facebook page, go to Account, Privacy Settings, go to the bottom left, Apps and Websites. Then click edit, then edit again, and you should be at the place to remove it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 7:14:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2011 7:16:52 AM PDT
RP says:
@D. Henry
As I understand it, when you do an internet search using the Swagbucks search engine, random swagbucks can be awarded. Most swaggers can get the search SB three times a day. Sometimes you can get four and for some just get two. I think you only can have the chance to be awarded search bucks every 3-4 hours between searches.

Google " Swaggin" for Dummies " which was posted here on this thread for being a good website for Swagbuck newbies. This site has was helpful to me to understand the features on Swagbucks.

The more experienced swaggers can probably explain better so my apologies if I am not very clear. :)

Edit: Sorry for duplicate info. I am a pretty slow typist.
Oh and the Swaggin' for Dummies website does not mean that you are at all! :)

Posted on May 12, 2011 7:18:43 AM PDT
80 points away from another $5 AGC... sigh.

I've gone down the list of tasks and most say they are either not available, or I already did them. And the 4 Trusted Surveys on my list this AM I didn't qualify for. I was sort of perturbed because 3 of them were for the same survey, different ID #'s, but all the same and I did over 5 minutes worth each time to be told I didn't qualify. I guess I was stoooopid to keep going once I saw it was the same exact questions being asked. oh well. I guess I'll have to do some SBTV and bore myself to death. lol (I don't actually watch them usually; when I glance out the corner of my eye that the meter went up that 10%, I click another one.)

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 7:30:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2011 7:33:42 AM PDT
Bjeans says:
OT and uber-long so a good post to ignore

Hi Graciebeth - the last days have been an unwanted adventure of researching docs and making calls for a cardiologist and internist. Top-rated and well-liked internists have waiting lists (a year for one!) or no longer participate with insurance or some other weirdness.

One was sanctioned for having an affair with her male patient while she was his AND his wife's doc. Unrelated, I tried to bribe the doc with dogs with a year's supply of dog food, haha. Office person didn't even laugh, sourpuss.

Also factoring in my brother's hospital ratings - if I had to go to a hospital, I'd want a doctor affiliated with certain ones, and easy to get to from work/home for my husband. (Tons of hospitals around here.)

One cardiologist I wanted couldn't see me for 6 weeks but I called back and someone had canceled! So I see him next Friday; he'll decide what kind of stress test to run. I hope it's not chemical.

A neighbor raved about an internist I was thinking about. Can't see her until 6/22 but a physical is scheduled. Now I have to find a cognitive behaviorist or program that deals with phobic people. Same methods whether spiders, flying or medical terrors.

Sleeping a lot - probably the meds the ER doc gave me, and since I'm supposed to sleep more and cut out caffeine, that's good.

BethB

Posted on May 12, 2011 7:34:21 AM PDT
Bjeans says:
And re our thread
I'll never catsup here! Where I left off BAJ had kidded about being able to freely talk about the alt-point sites with me gone. I don't want to cramp anyone's style asking for labels of alt-point sites, so my apologies. So many being talked about is a bit of a spaghetti tangle and buffet for my now year older brain. Gimme a plate of SB and chatter and I'm content. I'll still pop in to say hi now and then.

(Gracie, I'm going to click on your name in case you want to click back if we want to give each other bird news). Hope your chipmunk is safe from the wrath of husband. ; ) )
BethB

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 7:35:21 AM PDT
BJeans,

We are all missing you. I miss your <snorts> and your poems and songs and sense of humor. Come and at least let us know you are OK. I hope you're not still feeling unwell.

Swag on over and click a few keys please (see, a little rhyme just for you!) :)

Posted on May 12, 2011 7:38:52 AM PDT
Bjeans says:
OT Dog
And last, for the dog lovers, turn your sound on. Border collies' hypnotic eyes work well on sheep and even humans, but... (I hope someone threw him the stick). Sound on.

http://www.slothster.com/2588-Dog-Wants-Bronzed-Statue-To-Throw-Stick.html

Posted on May 12, 2011 7:42:04 AM PDT
fourthdaymom says:
Thanks, everyone! Now off to do more searching 8-)

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 7:45:45 AM PDT
Beth says:
Take care of your self. Sleep is our friend. Put the puppy cam on and just be mellow.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 8:38:10 AM PDT
Gracie says:
Beth! I've been worried about you, and now that I see you're okay, all's right with the world. But I am very sorry you're having to deal with all the, ahem, stuff, that you have.

I clicked your name back. Now what?

Thank you for the video of the doggie and the statue. My beloved pup died on February 3 and I'm still crying for her, spent a long time this a.m. sobbing, in fact. But the video made me laugh. She was kinda dumb like that.

Posted on May 12, 2011 8:43:59 AM PDT
LaurieM04 says:
Morning all! I just had to report in and say that I just bought feta cheese at the grocery store, and it was NOT Athenos. In fact, I very conspicuously picked up a container of Athenos, looked at it and shook my head, then put it back and picked a different brand. :-P The boycott is alive and well!

Bjeans, please keep us posted. I hope you're feeling better soon!

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 9:38:12 AM PDT
Bjeans says:
Oh dear, I'm so awfully sorry about your dog. I still think a lot about my dog who died about 15 years ago. I so understand. (And have just teared up for you and my old friend.) May your wonderful memories sustain you.

I forgot to click your name so just did. You should be able to see my email address in my profile now. If you want your Amazon friends - "interesting people," as they call it, to see your email address, you can change it in your profile. We can opt for no one to see it, everyone or just friends. Or if you email me, I'll have it that way.

That dog in the video was *such* a border collie, it cracked me up.

And thanks Anna24KB and BethW. I have to say, my dog and cats help me feel better, and area calming. Well, sometimes, except for the barking or when the two siber-cats get annoyed with each other.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 9:52:03 AM PDT
Oh, laurie, I let the boycott down. I bought feta, too, not Athenos (I'm not that far gone!) but I didn't pick up Athenos and shake my head and put it down. An opportunity lost. I think I'll go to the store and glare at anyone who tries to buy Athenos. ;( <--That's my glare for anyone foolish enough to pick up Athenos. That should scare them off!

Posted on May 12, 2011 11:41:54 AM PDT
LaurieM04 says:
There's supposedly a code out, but I can't find it! My Swidget's not working. A lot of people on FB are reporting the same thing. If anyone finds it, please share!

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 11:52:20 AM PDT
Beth says:
No luck here yet.

Posted on May 12, 2011 11:53:10 AM PDT
Jeannine says:
I went to my swidget and it says there's no code out right now.

Posted on May 12, 2011 11:53:56 AM PDT
Tegan says:
Apparently the code is in the chat bar, which has never worked for me.

Posted on May 12, 2011 11:55:28 AM PDT
Tegan says:
Got it. It showed up as soon as I maximized the chat bar, it's a 4sb code and only good for another five minutes.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  116
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 18, 2010
Latest post:  May 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions