Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

In the Kindle Kitchen with Annie and Joyce

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7851-7875 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 10:54:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 10:55:58 AM PDT
Steve W. Benton ... I sometimes use 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, but always put a little in and do a tasting just to see if I want to add more. I hope this helps you ... :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 10:59:34 AM PDT
Northern Lights ... Sounds like you have enjoyed your ice cream maker. This used to be a family tradition when we would have family gatherings for a picnic, and I can still see the smiles on the children's faces when they knew their grandpa was making homemade ice cream. I sure miss those days.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 11:01:12 AM PDT
V ... Thanks for the "Three Sisters Ice Cream" recipe. I have added to my recipe collection. This might be the first recipe tried when I get the ice cream attachment. Again, thank you so much! This recipe sure sounds delish. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 11:02:10 AM PDT
Hazel ... I've never heard of Lick's. Is this a restaurant or where can they be found? Sounds good to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 11:13:20 AM PDT
Hazel says:
It is a restaurant in Canada but they sell the burgers frozen as well. I have seen them at a few grocery stores too. Maybe google to see if you can get them in your area?

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 11:39:50 AM PDT
Trisha says:
Hi Joyce,
Are there many recipies for wheat breads or can I sub wheat flower for some? I think the hamburger buns sound awesome!!
Thanks
Trisha

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 11:45:33 AM PDT
Bagslady says:
Princess....I use my meat attachment as well. Make all my own ground meat. It's both healthier and safer. Bacteria multiplies really fast on ground meat, all the surfaces, which makes it more suspect when it sits in the butcher's case. Plus you can put the exact amount of fat vs muscle you want. I use a lot of chuck, sirloin and add some boneless short rib for the fat content for burgers. They're better with a little fat.

My Kitchen Aid is over 30 years old and that motor is still going strong.

Oh, I made the crockpot lasagna yesterday and it was delicious. DH really loved it. I didn't use the no-cook noodles but didn't cook the regular noodles first either. Took about 4 hours on low and in my 'coolest' crock.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 11:47:07 AM PDT
Hazel ... Thank you very much for responding to my question about the frozen burgers. I will Google and see if I'm able to find in my area.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 11:50:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 12:00:27 PM PDT
Bagslady ... Thanks for sharing with me about the meat attachment for my Kitchen Aid. I'm going to add to my wish list, and maybe one of these days real soon, I will have one.

So happy to hear you and hubby enjoyed the crock pot lasagna. I've never tried the regular noodles, but going to now. :-)

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 11:59:34 AM PDT
CHOCOLATE FONDUE CUPS

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells, prepared according to package directions
Assorted fresh fruit (strawberries, banana slices, kiwi slices, pineapple chunks and grapes)

Directions:
1. Heat the chocolate pieces, heavy cream and honey in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over low heat until the mixture is melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract.
2. Spoon 1/4 cup chocolate mixture into each pastry shell. Serve with the fruit for dipping.

Tips:
1. You can serve the fruit with skewers or toothpicks to make dipping easier.
2. You may substitute orange, coffee or raspberry-flavored liqueur for the vanilla extract in this recipe.
3. Some other ideas for dipping include marshmallows, pretzel sticks, dried fruit and/or your favorite cookies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 12:24:44 PM PDT
Trisha ... Yes, I have several in the cookbook that came with my bread machine. There are recipes for low-carb wheat and 100% Whole Wheat. In my Betty Crocker's Best Bread Machine Cookbook: The Goodness of Homemade Bread the Easy Way, several wheat bread recipes. I purchased The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook: A Master Baker's 300 Favorite Recipes for Perfect-Every-Time Bread-From Every Kind of Machine, and there are many recipes for wheat breads. Both cookbooks are fantastic in my opinion and I have been very pleased with the recipes and results. Lots of yummy breads to make, and several low-carb and gluten-free ones, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 12:53:29 PM PDT
Pipeline™ says:
O_O

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 2:26:07 PM PDT
Trisha says:
Thanks so much Joyce, I will have to add those to my list and when have some money to spare will have to look at purchasing it!!

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 2:52:30 PM PDT
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN, BROCCOLI AND RICE

Ingredients:
Vegetable cooking spray or slow cooker liner
1-1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
1-3/4 pounds pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (about 16-ounces) bag frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
3 large carrots, sliced
1 can (10.75-ounces) Condensed Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup
1 can (10.75-ounces) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1-1/2 cups water

Directions:
1. Spray a 5-quart slow cooker with the cooking spray.
2. Place the rice in the slow cooker.
3. Layer the chicken, 1 cup cheese, broccoli, carrots, soups and the remaining cheese on top of the rice.
4. Pour the water around the edges of the slow cooker and do not stir.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Stir the rice and vegetables before serving.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 2:56:12 PM PDT
CHICKEN SALAD CASSEROLE

Ingredients:
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup cooked rice
3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
Ground black pepper to taste

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Stir the chicken, rice, eggs and onion in a medium bowl.
3. Stir in the lemon juice, soup, mayonnaise and cheese.
4. Season with the black pepper.
5. Spoon the chicken mixture into a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 3:03:33 PM PDT
LAZY PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIE BALLS

Ingredients:
3/4 cup honey
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup salted peanuts

Directions:
1. Combine honey and peanut butter in saucepan and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
2. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir in Rice Krispies and peanuts.
3. Place mounds (about 2 tablespoons) into small greased cupcake liners in cupcake pan, and let cool.
** You can also press into a greased 9" x 13" pan, cool and cut into squares.

If you want a little more flavor, add some mini-chocolate chips ... YUMMY!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 3:16:21 PM PDT
Pipeline™ says:
The lazy part being before you eat them. After they're down the hatch, you need to exercise for a month to work them off.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 3:18:46 PM PDT
Pipe ... You are so right, but they are so easy and so delicious! :-)

Maybe if you limit yourself to one, you would only need to exercise for a couple of weeks. Let's use some strategy here ... LOL

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 3:30:06 PM PDT
DELICIOUS LOW-FAT BRUNCH PIZZA

Ingredients for Crust:
1 (24 ounce) package "Simply Potatoes" Hash Browns
1/4 cup egg substitute

Ingredients for Topping:
2 cups egg substitute
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup ham, chopped
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons red pepper, chopped
6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions for Crust:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large round pizza pan or baking stone with parchment paper.
2. Mix crust ingredients.
3. Spread into circle on pan and press down.
4. Bake 10 minutes and remove from oven.

Directions for Topping:
1. Combine egg substitute and milk, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Scramble in non-stick skillet sprayed with non-fat cooking spray.
3. Spread over potato crust.
4. Top with vegetables, ham and cheese.
5. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
6. Cut into slices like pizza.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:52:49 PM PDT
mochecat says:
Thanks, James Bagworth! I am vegetarian and these sound good and simple. I'll experiment with various herb combinations.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:56:13 PM PDT
mochecat says:
That just makes sense. I can do that. Thank you so much, SEP.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 9:52:10 PM PDT
Zoo Keeper says:
Joyce,
I have the meat grinder and I love it.

The KA ice cream maker was reviewed on America's Test Kitchen. They may have a review on their web site. But, they liked it because: a) you didn't need worry about salt or water getting in your ice cream, b) you could keep the bowl in the freezer so you could make it when you wanted. If I remember correctly, it isn't a large quantity, so you don't have lots left over to crystallize in the freeze. (they ran a test for that in the same show.)

I really want one for my KA. We bought our son and daughter-in-law a KA for a wedding gift and now she is asking for an ice cream bowl

Hope this helps.
Zoo

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 10:38:04 PM PDT
No Licks here in the UK, sadly. Mind you, with a name like that, shouldn't they be selling ice cream!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 1:42:38 AM PDT
That is the same idea ice cream machine we have and use a lot - just having the bowl in the freezer makes it really simple to actually get some use out of it. Plus as said above, since you only get about two pints it makes a great dessert for a greedy family or a polite dessert for a dinner party of 8 or so;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 4:41:31 AM PDT
Zoo Keeper ... Thanks so much for your candid review and information for the KA ice cream maker. And, it is good to know that the quantity is less, and the bowl can be kept in the freezer. I've only read the many reviews on Amazon and the pictures they have made available. I think this will be definitely in my kitchen soon.

Yes, your information has helped me with my decision tremendously ... Again, thank you, Joyce
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.5
24 5 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 6272 5 seconds ago
FB&C - Sat. Sept 20 & Sun. Sept 21, 2014, FREE Books and Chat 80 42 seconds ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 388 2 minutes ago
where is the serial number on my kindle touch? 30 5 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - Mon Sept 22, 2014 0 9 minutes ago
13 hours putting Ikea dresser together. I blame Kindle. 7 10 minutes ago
Transfer of books from one kindle to another kindle 61 22 minutes ago
Kindle and Fire Refurb sales coming up 1 27 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  436
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 93 customers

Search Customer Discussions