Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Noah's BOMB SHELTER: Where the off-topic is on topic!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 8401-8425 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 3:10:24 PM PDT
?wazithinkin says:
I hope so. :) Al says people are asking about formatting issues. I haven't seen any comments yet. Although he sent me some screen shots of some of the issues. I didn't have these issues in my copy. I read it on my PW, and after Al's email I checked it out on my KK and still did not see any of the problems that he mentions. Except for the tiny fonts. So I don't know what the problem is. But there is something different going on with the formatting on some peoples Kindles. Just wanted you to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 3:26:26 PM PDT
It's frustrating. Amazon is making so many devices now and the formatting of our books is NOT showing up the same in them all. It really does come down to an error with their software, sadly...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 3:34:12 PM PDT
?wazithinkin says:
It sounds to me like it may be the apps that are having the biggest issues. But, I really don't know that for a fact. Like I said, I had NO issues with the formatting on the PW or my KK. And all that techie stuff goes right over my head. :/

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 3:53:47 PM PDT
Yeah, I haven't personally been able to verify any formatting issues either.

Anyway, I am really grateful you went outside of your comfort zone to read my zombie book! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 3:58:36 PM PDT
?wazithinkin says:
It was WAY outside of my comfort zone, but you knew I would eventually read it. The premise was awesome and I really don't think it would have been the same without the zombies, they kinda had to be there.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 6:35:16 AM PDT
Zebras says:
yeah, ?wazi, and Noah!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:52:12 AM PST
Edwin Stark says:
Well, my goose is cooked... My 14 year old laptop's keyboard has gone unresponsive and the V, M, space, comma and point keys have gone utterly dead. The closeness of the keys in this pattern suggest a fried chip in the motherboard...
This, considering the poor thing had been dropping key caps for some time, makes writing completely impossible...

(*sigh*) And I was only 5000 words away from finishing my superhero parody :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:18:50 AM PST
?wazithinkin says:
Good grief, Edwin! Things are just a constant up hill battle for you! *hugs*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:56:30 PM PST
Oh, I hate when laptop keyboards go bad. It's the worst part of laptop design. In a desktop, you could replace a keyboard for $20, but it's trickier in a laptop. You SHOULD be able to put an external keyboard into one of your USB ports, but you're not going to be typing in the comfortable way which you're used to. It can really disrupt writing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:26:57 PM PST
Edwin Stark says:
I guess you could say that... Being born in a country where I don't belong at all... a father who did his best to clip my wings and preclude me from flying... forced to live in a place completely inimical to my ambitions... and now this... I finished writing the book yesterday on composition notebooks... now I have to find a way to transcribe it into the final draft :/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:37:54 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
Sending luck your way, Edwin~~~~~~~~~~~

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:39:14 PM PST
Edwin Stark says:
Noah:

I live with power brownouts that pop up everytime the wind blows or drizzles (I'm going at 80 % of the time without electric power these days), marauding ants that are marching through my bedroom, putting out snakes from my studio, floods (and forest fires when this place tries to belie its "rainforest" name), mosquitoes that would put the ones depicted in "Jumanji" to shama and africanized bees stinging me on the... the... whatever when I'm writing... believe me... there's nothing disruptive in an oddly located keyboard that can compare... lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:39:51 PM PST
Edwin Stark says:
Thanks !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:44:39 PM PST
Oh, I'm so sorry. I feel sorry for your difficulties, but the way you write about them makes me laugh out loud! :O

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:47:10 PM PST
Edwin Stark says:
Well, at least some good comes out from it ;-P

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:53:09 PM PST
Edwin Stark says:
BTW... I participated in a Halloween Flash writing contest and my piece got published as part of an anthology:

Short Story Strands: Halloween 2012 Edition

It can be picked up for free at Smashwords, and the group behind it is working hard to price-match it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:56:27 PM PST
Very cool! I'll grab a copy.

I'm working on my first non-fiction book. It stems from my day job. It's a manual for Asians to pronounce English.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 4:18:37 AM PST
Edwin Stark says:
Well, I managed to finish the %$#! thing. It was a harrowing experience to finish it with one eight of my keyboard dead, but it's done. Here's the link to the cover I made for it:

http://bit.ly/Up7Kew

Next step: I'll publish it through Smashwords so I can distribute to my Beta Readers more easily.
Now I'm off to the GR and kindleboard threads to find them ;-P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 4:19:10 AM PST
Edwin Stark says:
Vellllly nice!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:09:38 AM PST
?wazithinkin says:
Cool, I picked it up!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:10:23 AM PST
?wazithinkin says:
:D

Very cool, Noah!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:11:08 AM PST
?wazithinkin says:
Cool cover, Edwin! Why is everyone writing about zombies? :/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:58:20 AM PST
Edwin Stark says:
In my case, I'm poking fun at zombies... mine are as threatening as a cardboard cutout
(though I've heard you can murder a person with one if used in the correct manner ) ;-P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:28:06 PM PST
?wazithinkin says:
LOL!

:X

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:50:12 PM PST
Because they're very scary.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  63
Total posts:  8800
Initial post:  Mar 25, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 29, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions