Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Want to Rant Unchallenged? Stop in Here! Chapter III

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 8451-8475 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 3:56:05 PM PDT
Well, yeah. I can see why you'd be ticked off but Petey Boy's posts were a bit harsher than they needed to be IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 4:15:14 PM PDT
That sounds pretty good, too!

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 4:17:00 PM PDT
Yeah, even if he had the right idea, he was way over the top with his remarks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 4:20:41 PM PDT
Sounds wonderful! We are having crab cakes tonight. The good ones from the seafood store. All crab. No filling.

We don't do much celebrating of holidays, but we do always have a special meals on them.

Tomorrow B will cut the whole filet (7 pounds!) that he bought yesterday up for 2" steaks and we always use the thinner end for steak (cooked on the grill) sandwiches.

He buys really good hoagie rolls from a hoagie place that he frequents for lunch and I like mine with melted swiss cheese and horseradish. That will be lunch tomorrow and son is coming for the day, so he'll be here for lunch.

I don't know what is planned for dinner tomorrow night, but I won't be eating again after that big lunch. He'll make some home made french fries in the deep fryer to go with the sandwiches and I will be stuffed.

Posted on May 26, 2012 4:22:26 PM PDT
CBRetriever says:
have a friend coming in tomorrow for a week - he just wants to experience the Paris thing/life in Paris - why can't people be more specific?

Posted on May 26, 2012 4:22:50 PM PDT
Pat? When are you heading home?

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 4:27:00 PM PDT
I hope that doesn't mean you have to be "Julie, Cruise Director and Tour Guide". Hand him a map and tell him wandering around on his own is more fun.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 4:29:34 PM PDT
Consider it done. I know what you mean. Why do these things happen to such good people. There is no sense to it.

My thoughts and prayers will be with your friend.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 4:37:41 PM PDT
I would do the same. But B would feel obligated to be Julius, Cruise Director for the entire week. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 4:39:19 PM PDT
Carla! Welcome home! You were missed today. :(

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:12:45 PM PDT
 nospin  says:
We heard from Reader's BF. Apparently she had a severe allergic reaction to her meds and lost consciousness outside of the senior citizen at which she was volunteering. She was in respiratory failure by the time the EMTs got there.

Without her phone or medical alert bracelet, the hospital was going to send her to an extended care facility but her best friend from out of town called all the hospitals and found her. She arranged for her to go home with round the clock nurses and flew to Chicago to help her and the poor birds.

Unclear the prognosis but she will be in good hands once she has clearance to fly with her BF to her house. The BF is still trying to deal with her daughter's reconstruction surgery after being attacked a couple months ago.

Continued prayers for all involved appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:15:01 PM PDT
Beth says:
Strong good wishes heading her way.

Posted on May 26, 2012 5:22:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 26, 2012 5:22:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:27:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2012 5:33:46 PM PDT
Dear Lord, these people are dealing with a world of hurt and trouble.

Still sending best outcome thoughts and hope reader's way.

Thankful her collapse and episode were brought on by an external source. Hoping they can find some alternate meds without such horrible side effects.

Thank you for the update. I thought about her this afternoon and doing so made my issues seem absurdly small by comparison.

I am glad she is with someone that loves her. :(

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:28:22 PM PDT
Thank you! Trying to think where I was yesterday...LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:30:16 PM PDT
You don't even have to ask. And thanks for the update. I hope your friend (and her friend's daughter) will be better soon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:43:19 PM PDT
{{HUGS}} and prayers.

Posted on May 26, 2012 5:45:14 PM PDT
Who deleted? One of us or a non ranter?

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:50:07 PM PDT
Me. I did a drive by and when I edited it I accidentally deleted it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:50:47 PM PDT
LeeLee says:
Recital went well. Four hours for six performances and big family dinner afterwsrd. Exhausted but it was worth it. Child is very happy.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:51:27 PM PDT
Ah. I have done that more than once. How goes the gathering?

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:52:51 PM PDT
Well. Excellent news. Please give the child my congratulations.

Now rest up!

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:53:09 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Heading home sunday afternoon

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:55:28 PM PDT
Safe trip home, Pat. Chuck will be ecstatic to see you.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 6:00:10 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I miss the little rat.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  67
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Apr 29, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions