Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9101-9125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 10, 2012 8:28:07 AM PDT
Andromeda says:
The Viking in the Wheat Field
Author: Susan Dworkin

Last Reported Price: $2.35
Current Price: $2.15

Posted on May 10, 2012 10:05:07 AM PDT
ManyDawgs says:
Caleb's Crossing: A Novel
Author: Geraldine Brooks
Starting Price: $12.99
Last Reported Price: $18.99
Current Price: $9.99

Posted on May 10, 2012 2:40:16 PM PDT
Dee Reader says:
I didn't see this one posted:
Tender Graces by Kathryn Magendie
Printed List Price: $14.96
Current Price: $0.0

Posted on May 10, 2012 2:41:31 PM PDT
D. Baker says:
Hereafter with Bonus Material, the first book in Tara Hudson's trilogy, is available to pre-order for only 99 cents. Delivery is May 22.
The ebook includes an excerpt from the sequel, Arise (Hereafter) ($9.99 pre-order), along with a "love letter" from Tara to the city of New Orleans, where the trilogy takes place

Posted on May 10, 2012 2:43:59 PM PDT
D. Baker says:
The Lions of Lucerne by Brad Thor $3.99
Paperback $9.99
On the snow-covered slopes of Utah, the President of the United States has been kidnapped and his SecretService detail massacred. Only one agenthas survived-ex-Navy SEAL Scot Harvath. He doesn't buy the official line that Middle Eastern terrorists are behind the attack and begins his own campaign to find the truth and exact revenge.

Posted on May 10, 2012 2:52:33 PM PDT
BadgerBAJ says:
Finally, a book from my wish list:

Effie: The Passionate Lives of Effie Gray, John Ruskin and John Everett Millais by Suzanne Fagence Cooper Now $9.99 Was $12.99

BethJ

Posted on May 10, 2012 3:26:53 PM PDT
KAragon says:
Title: The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Author: Catherynne M. Valente
Last Reported Price: $9.99
Current Price: $6.99

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making

Beth- Thanks for the Effie posting.

K

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 5:21:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 5:27:22 PM PDT
Reading Mom says:
they can be read as stand-alones, Olaf

PS--I love being downvoted for being helpful and answering a sincere question, so DV away:-)

Posted on May 10, 2012 5:47:45 PM PDT
Grass For His Pillow: Episode 2 The Way Through The Snow (Tales of the Otori, Book 2) by Lian Hearn

Today: $6.99

Previously: $12.99

Publisher: Firebird (August 11, 2003)
Sold by: Penguin Publishing

From Publishers Weekly
The pseudonymous Hearn's second thrilling installment of her Tales of the Otori trilogy (after 2002's Across the Nightingale Floor) is once again set in a magic-haunted version of medieval Japan where no one wields unchallenged authority and no one is safe. The swirl of treacherous, shifting clan alliances threatens to overwhelm young lovers and aristocrats Takeo and Kaede. Separated throughout most of the action, the two must develop their talents while trying to maintain their integrity. Takeo possesses superhuman gifts such as the ability to become invisible, project a double image of himself and hear distant conversations; however, he must discipline his skills and control his impetuous temper. He also must work out his relationship with the Tribe, a treacherous secret organization of spies and assassins that saved his life but that may have murdered his father. Kaede, meanwhile, has to escape the powerless role of a woman if she is to protect herself and her family domain from predatory neighbors. Adept at creating vivid natural settings where the supernatural feels unusually plausible, Hearn catches fresh details of trees, birds, rivers and mountains. With quick, direct sentences like brushstrokes on a Japanese scroll, she suggests vast and mysterious landscapes full of both menace and wonder. Hearn shows that middle novels of trilogies don't have to simply fill space between an exciting opening and conclusion.

Posted on May 10, 2012 6:33:28 PM PDT
BadgerBAJ says:
Another price drop from my wish list:

Lucky Bunny by Jill Dawson Now $9.99 Was $14.50

(K-- you're welcome!)

BethJ

Posted on May 10, 2012 9:03:46 PM PDT
C. Stapleton says:
Baby Proof by Emily Giffin is $4.99, down from $7.99.
Glad to see you back Emily Bronte.

Posted on May 10, 2012 9:24:08 PM PDT
The Cradle: A Novel by Patrick Somerville is on sale for $2.99.

Critics uniformly praised Somerville's moving debut about the meaning of family and its power to heal. Somerville's spare but buoyant prose strikes the right emotional balance, expressive without being sentimental, and his fast-moving plot steers steadily between the profound and the whimsical toward a satisfying conclusion without ever veering into melodrama. Despite a few flaws-some awkward narrative shifts, one-dimensional characters, and clichés-The Cradle is a finely crafted full-length novel skillfully condensed into just over 200 pages. "As a writer, I'm still wondering how Somerville created this exquisitely complex story on such a small canvas," noted the New York Times Book Review critic. "As a reader, I'm glad he did."

Welcome back, Emily!

Posted on May 10, 2012 11:14:50 PM PDT
MamaSylvia says:
Here's a drop on the first book in an English mystery series that I've been wanting to try:

Title: The Coffin Trail: A Lake District Mystery (Lake District Mysteries)
Author: Martin Edwards
Starting Price: $5.38
Last Reported Price: $5.38
Current Price: $0.99 (yes I grabbed it, $.99 to try a series I've been wondering about is definitely within my budget!)

Posted on May 11, 2012 2:16:23 AM PDT
Naimisha says:
Mrs. Robinson's Disgrace: The Private Diary of a Victorian Lady by Kate Summerscale

Available for pre-order at $1.99 against digital list price of $26.00

Posted on May 11, 2012 2:27:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 3:03:07 AM PDT
Naimisha says:
Cold Mountain: A Novel by Charles Frazier at $7.92 against $12.00

The Storyteller of Marrakesh: A Novel by Joydeep Roy-Bhattacharya at $9.99 against $24.95

Birds of Paradise: A Novel by Diana Abu-Jaber at $9.34 against $25.95

Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson at $9.69 against $20.00

East of the Mountains, Our Lady of the Forest (Guterson, David) and The Country Ahead of Us, The Country Behind, all by Guterson also appear to be discounted for now.

Out Stealing Horses by Per Pettersen at $10.27 against $22.00

Posted on May 11, 2012 3:02:18 AM PDT
SueEllen says:
The Wizard of Lies: Bernie Madoff and the Death of Trust

Was 12.99
Now 9.99

Posted on May 11, 2012 3:06:36 AM PDT
D. Baker says:
The Price Has Dropped to $9.99 on Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews
Last Reported Price: $12.99

Posted on May 11, 2012 3:15:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 6:16:57 AM PDT
D. Baker says:
Beside a Dreamswept Sea by Vicki Hinze $0.00
Digital List Price: $10.95
Paperback $15.95
The third book of The Seascape Trilogy. New love isn't on the agenda for widower Bryce Richards, who comes to the peaceful Seascape Inn with his three children, hoping the ethereal setting will help them recover from the death of their mother. Likewise, fellow inn guest Callie isn't looking for romance either; she's recovering from an emotionally abusive marriage.

What the Heart Knows: A Milford-Haven Novel - Book One by Mara Purl $0.99
Digital List Price: $15.99
Is the heart smarter than the head? Artist Miranda Jones begins to trust her heart enough to escape from her life of privilege and start over in Milford-Haven, the small town of undiscovered beauty on California's Central Coast. She connects with environmentalist Samantha Hugo-a brilliant PhD twenty years her senior who gave up a son years earlier; and with restaurant owner Sally O'Mally who left Arkansas to create her own dream. Each woman wrestles with her own core issues while balancing demanding careers with the attentions of interesting men. None is aware that journalist Christine Christian has just been murdered while investigating a half-built house. Though the book stands alone, it is also Book 1 in the critically acclaimed, popular series

Prize of My Heart by Lisa Norato $0.00
Digital List Price: $14.99
Paperback $11.18
An unsolved mystery separates ex-privateersman Captain Brogan Talvis from his lost son-his only living relation, his only family. Shortly before her tragic demise, his wife abandoned their infant to strangers, refusing to reveal the child's whereabouts. Now, three years later, Brogan has discovered the boy at the home of a shipbuilder's daughter, Lorena Huntley.

Posted on May 11, 2012 3:24:31 AM PDT
D. Baker says:
The Courage to Be Free: Discover Your Original Fearless Self by Guy Finley $0.88
Digital List Price: $16.95
Yesterday's Price: $2.47

Daniel Patrick Moynihan: A Portrait in Letters of an American Visionary by Daniel Patrick Moynihan $1.70
Start Price: $18.42

Posted on May 11, 2012 6:12:34 AM PDT
Andromeda says:
Adapt: Why Success Always Starts with Failure
Author: Tim Harford

Posted on May 11, 2012 6:14:38 AM PDT
Title: The Great Night: A Novel
Author: Chris Adrian
Date Tracking Started: April 24, 2012

Posted on May 11, 2012 6:40:34 AM PDT
The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth: Popularity, Quirk Theory, and Why Outsiders Thrive After High School by Alexandra Robbins dropped to $8.35. (Was $12.99)

Posted on May 11, 2012 11:54:35 AM PDT
BadgerBAJ says:
Yet another drop from my wish list (I might just faint!):

Mystery Women I Revised (An Encyclopedia of Leading Women Characters in Mystery Fiction, 1860-1979) by Colleen Barnett Now $0.99 Was $6.99

BethJ

Posted on May 11, 2012 11:54:39 AM PDT
loquacious says:
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Author: Catherynne M. Valente
Starting Price: $9.99
Current Price: $6.99

YA title
Fantastical tale that's somewhere between Lewis Carroll and Terry Pratchett, Cathrynne Valente's book follows twelve-year-old September, a girl from Omaha, Nebraska, who finds herself whisked away by a fast-talking gentleman called the Green Wind to the world of Fairyland where she has to retrieve a witch's spoon from the fickle Marquess...

Posted on May 11, 2012 11:57:13 AM PDT
BadgerBAJ says:
I'm on a roll:

Blood Work: A Tale of Medicine and Murder in the Scientific Revolution by Holly Tucker Now $9.25 Was $13.25

BethJ
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  983
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 368 customers

Search Customer Discussions