Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9476-9500 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 28, 2012 9:40:49 AM PDT
MamaSylvia says:
Another miniscule drop on Ask Alice: A Novel - now down to $2.18.

I think if it drops below $2 I will buy. I'm still only marginally interested in the book, but the entertainment of watching it slowly float down deserves some reward!

I like the Judge Dee series but that price is still too high for me. It's also annoying that many of the earliest series books aren't yet available for Kindle. Fortunately the books are pretty much stand-alone but I would still prefer to read them in order.

Posted on May 28, 2012 9:56:44 AM PDT
Miss M says:
68. The Marquis Is Trapped (The Pink Collection) - by Barbara Cartland is free

Posted on May 28, 2012 12:14:08 PM PDT
Zee says:
**From a South African Kindler**

Title: 66 North: Fire & Ice Book II (Fire and Ice)
Author: Michael Ridpath
Starting Price: $11.04
Last Reported Price: $11.99
Current Price: $7.82
Date Tracking Started: August 31, 2011

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 12:21:43 PM PDT
not even available to me here for kindle...

Posted on May 28, 2012 1:16:23 PM PDT
D. Baker says:
The Price Has Dropped to $1.96 on The Biggest Loser Flavors of the World Cookbook: Take your taste buds on a global tour with more than 75 easy, healthy recipes for your favorite ethnic dishes

Posted on May 28, 2012 3:38:44 PM PDT
mitzimae says:
On May 28, 2012 at 05:31:39am PDT, we checked and found that the price has dropped on a Kindle Book you were tracking at eReaderIQ.com. White Lace and Promises (Carte Blanche)
Title: White Lace and Promises (Carte Blanche)
Author: Natasha Blackthorne
Starting Price: $7.16
Last Reported Price: $7.16
Current Price: $5.19
Date Tracking Started: April 16, 2012

Posted on May 28, 2012 7:43:36 PM PDT
BadgerBAJ says:
The Kings' Mistresses: The Liberated Lives of Marie Mancini, Princess Colonna, and Her Sister Hortense, Duchess Mazarin by Elizabeth Goldsmith Now $12.99 Was $14.84

For whatever reason, I am always surprised when one of the more expensive books on my WL drops in price. Hopefully, it will drop some more.

BethJ

Posted on May 29, 2012 3:57:21 AM PDT
A Short History of England: The Glorious Story of a Rowdy Nation
By Simon Jenkins

Currently: $8.31
Start Price: $19.25

Product Description
The heroes and villains, triumphs and disasters of English history are instantly familiar--from the Norman Conquest to Henry VIII, Queen Victoria to the two world wars. But to understand their full sig­nificance we need to know the whole story.

A Short History of England sheds new light on all the key individuals and events in English histo­ry by bringing them together in an enlightening account of the country's birth, rise to global promi­nence, and then partial eclipse. Written with flair and authority by Guardian columnist and London Times former editor Simon Jenkins, this is the definitive narrative of how today's England came to be. Concise but comprehensive, with more than a hundred color illustrations, this beautiful single-volume history will be the standard work for years to come.

-------------------------------
I've been watching this one for a while. Sometime in the first week of May it started "doing the Alice" and dropping in small increments daily. It finally got below my set point of $9.99, but, because of the steady drops, I think I'll take a chance and wait a bit longer.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 4:06:38 AM PDT
Dinah Lee says:
Ask Alice: A Novel

And Ask Alice - A Novel has now plummeted down to $2.12.
I suppose the Happy Police will DV me for this post :-)

Posted on May 29, 2012 5:09:32 AM PDT
Naimisha says:
Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi $9.99 -->$2.99

Paolo Bacigalupi is a Hugo and Nebula Award Winner, and a National Book Award Finalist. (This is the same chap who wrote The Windup Girl)

Posted on May 29, 2012 6:13:02 AM PDT
D. Baker says:
The Price Has Dropped to $2.99 on Nathan's Run by John Gilstrap
Starting Price: $4.82
Last Reported Price: $4.99

The Price Has Dropped to $3.55 on The Forger by Cioma Schonhaus
Starting Price: $7.58

Posted on May 29, 2012 6:17:33 AM PDT
D. Baker says:
Barnes & Noble price match.

Friday Nights: A Novel by Joanna Trollope $1.99
Digital List Price: $15.00

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 6:44:13 AM PDT
Alina says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 6:53:12 AM PDT
Denise says:
Have you never had something on your wishlist that you weren't quite ready to pull the trigger on and decided to watch and wait? These publishers tease people with little price adjustments, probably just to trigger notices from places like eReaderIQ in order to keep their title in readers' minds.

I, for one, can put up with something like this now and then even if it's not my wished-for book they're watching. Doesn't negate the benefits from seeing price drops on titles I might want for myself.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 7:01:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 7:02:04 AM PDT
if people ONLY posted price drops on books they are interested this thread wouldnt be as long or as informative as it is to OTHER people

Posted on May 29, 2012 7:15:01 AM PDT
Aggie Marple says:
Here's another book "Doing the Alice":

Pao by Kerry Young - Now $0.65
(Starting Price $9.99)

I purchased this when it was around $3 and still haven't read it, but it got a good review in "The Guardian" http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/sep/23/pao-kerry-young-review and should certainly be worth $0.65.

To the Ask Alice Cabal: Please don't despair too much after loosing the respect of all the folks "around here" that Alina apparently represents. I think many more of us appreciate your efforts and find your tracking of this slow-slow-price-down-slide-phenomenon interesting and amusing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 7:26:40 AM PDT
Ms. Wiz says:
Ok I am usually a lurker and try not to get into these debates but I for one am grateful to consistent posters who post books they aren't interested in because some of those are the very ones I have then picked up.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 7:32:26 AM PDT
HannaH says:
...boring the rest of us anymore than your post?

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 7:41:19 AM PDT
; )
cute...
(imagines thousands of cell phones beeping with the "new text message" alerts)
(let the down voting begin!)

Posted on May 29, 2012 7:43:18 AM PDT
Ann de Vries says:
I am also a lurker who appreciates the work done by consistent posters. The "Ask Alice" postings have been making me smile. They are legitimate postings and not spam because they are about a book with price drops. It is easy enough to skim material and pass over items that are not of interest. Complainers like Alina need to get a life and get over themselves. If any respect has been lost on this forum, it is for the bullies who try to browbeat others.

Posted on May 29, 2012 7:43:59 AM PDT
D. Baker says:
Tall, Dark and Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy $1.99
Digital List Price: $6.99

Amazing how many people are eager to DV a post but are unable (unwilling ...) to up-vote any. I think most of us post drops we are uninterested in (the one above is a good example, I rarely read romances but my sister loves them). I enjoy seeing price drops and, like Ms Wiz, I have "one-clicked" books that I wouldn't have looked at if not for this forum.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 7:46:08 AM PDT
Two thumbs up for "just the facts, ma'am"!

Posted on May 29, 2012 8:06:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 8:14:45 AM PDT
Garwall says:
I am basically a lurker but I have started a new thread titled "E-Book Price Drops with Freebies and Conversation Welcome!"

If you only want links to price dropped books and no free books stay here. If you like friendly chit-chat and don't mind seeing books that the price has dropped to $0.00 please consider moving to the new thread. Here is the first post of the new thread so you can see what it is all about and also have your inbox jammed with something you will dv.

"This thread is for people who want to post Kindle e-book price drops but also post free e-books and chat about the books being posted without being down voted. Because the original price drop thread has become contentious with people complaining about "off topic posts" consider this a place to post without downvoters getting upset about posts that aren't just listing price drops. Feel free to post freebies, chat about the books being posted and thank people for posting. This is also a place to freely post "Alices" (books that slowly drop little by little over a period of days or weeks) without being accused of being a shill or spamming the thread.

To get us started here are some recent drops, some may have been posted in the other thread.

The Falling Away is $3.28, list price is $14.99

The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun is $2.11, list price is $16.95

The Eleventh Victim is $1.66, list price is $18.99

Pao is $.65, list price is $15

Arkfall - 2009 Nebula Nominee is free, list price is $3.99

Bringing Up Oscar: The Story of the Men and Women Who Founded the Academy is $5.73 down from $8.79

Tower of Glass is $3.03 down from $6.99

And of course Ask Alice: A Novel is currently sitting at $2.12"

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 8:21:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 8:30:45 AM PDT
The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun (The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun) is translations of a couple of variations on the legend by JRR Tolkien with authorial comments, plus an editorial essay by his son Christopher. I've read it in DTB format, and enjoyed it (though it's not a conventional novel/story by any means). At this price it's a steal for Tolkien aficionados!

ETA: The US price is $2.11, from T. Cook's post below, I'm guessing it's only for the US. :-(

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 8:24:28 AM PDT
T. Cook says:
Sadly, The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún - "At this price" it's $15.64 for Canadians, so not much of a steal.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  983
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 368 customers

Search Customer Discussions