Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9551-9575 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 30, 2012 3:59:33 PM PDT
D. Baker says:
Cleopatra and Antony: Power, Love, and Politics in the Ancient World by Diana Preston $2.99
Digital List Price: $11.99
On a stiflingly hot day in August, 30 B.C., the thirty-nine-year-old Queen of Egypt, Cleopatra, took her own life, rather than be paraded in chains through Rome by her conqueror, Octavian, the future emperor Augustus. A few days earlier, her lover of eleven years, Mark Antony, had died in her arms following his own botched suicide attempt. Oceans of mythology have grown up around them, all of which Diana Preston puts to rest in her stirring history of the lives and times of a couple whose names-more than two millennia later-still invoke passion, curiosity, and intrigue.
This book sets the romance and tragedy of Antony and Cleopatra's personal lives within the context of their political times.

Posted on May 30, 2012 4:17:10 PM PDT
D. Baker says:
From Bloomsbury USA

A Long Stay in a Distant Land: A Novel by Chieh Chieng $1.99

Valeria's Last Stand: A Novel by Marc Fitten $1.99

I Was Howard Hughes by Steven Carter $1.99

Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George $1.99

A Year in the Village of Eternity: The Lifestyle of Longevity in Campodimele, Italy by Tracey Lawson $1.99

Crash Into Me: A Survivor's Search for Justice by Liz Seccuro $1.69

The Truth About Santa: Wormholes, Robots, and What Really Happens on Christmas Eve by Gregory Mone $1.46

Before, After, and Somebody In Between by Jeannine Garsee $1.99

Posted on May 30, 2012 4:29:15 PM PDT
D. Baker says:
I remember reading and enjoying these books when I was a child

The Complete Wizard of Oz Collection (With Active Table of Contents) by L. Frank Baum $0.95

Posted on May 30, 2012 5:53:09 PM PDT
Kristina says:
Canadians . . . The House of Velvet and Glass is now $2.99 for us, too. (It was over $14 for most of the day.)

Posted on May 30, 2012 6:47:16 PM PDT
BadgerBAJ says:
Originally published by Zebra Books as mass market paperbacks in the early 2000s:

A Perfect Stranger (Titanic Series) by Alice Duncan (writing as Anne Robins) Now $0.99 Was $3.50 Book 1

A Perfect Romance (Titanic Series) also by Alice Duncan, etc., etc. Now $0.99 Was $2.99 Book 2(?)

A Perfect Wedding (Titanic Series) Ditto Now $0.99 Was $2.99 Book 3(?)

I haven't read these books, though I have read the first in the 'Spirits' series with Daisy Gumm Majesty. I enjoyed the one I read a lot (bought the rest of the series), but I will warm you that the formatting was horrendous, so be sure and check the samples before buying.

BethJ

(yo, Emily, so glad you are around more!)

Posted on May 30, 2012 7:01:39 PM PDT
BadgerBAJ says:
A book that sounds interesting:

The Favourite by Mathews Lyons Now $8.79 Was $9.99 If you go to the hardcover product page the book has a different subtitle: "Ambition, Politics and Love - Sir Walter Ralegh in Elizabeth I's Court", makes it seem a little classier ;)

BethJ

For those who are interested in the Georgette Heyer book A Civil Contract, Sourcebooks, Inc has had sales on all her books (52 of them) during August for the past two years for $1.99 each. I have no info that they intend doing it this August, but you never know ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 8:33:16 PM PDT
Emily Bronte says:
Thanks, BadgerBAJ! I'm glad to be around more. : ) You've mentioned that you live near Lily Dale. I've been wanting to tell you that I worked in the business office there during a couple of summers when I was in college. It was an interesting experience. ; )

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt:

I think AuntOh was the last one to post this book (May 6th, page 361) when it was $4.80. It's another of those that have been steadily decreasing in price. I picked up The Name of the Rose last October when it was discounted to $2.99.

The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco for $3.09

Posted on May 30, 2012 8:46:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2012 9:34:52 PM PDT
Emily Bronte says:
HarperCollins:

Winner of the 1995 Newbery Medal

Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech has also been discounted to $1.99

Posted on May 30, 2012 9:14:12 PM PDT
MamaSylvia says:
Ask Alice: A Novel has now oozed down to $1.72. And if SOMEBODY who is watching her pennies but wanted this book would put it on a @#$%^% Wish List she might find a nice email in her inbox! <so much for surprises>

Posted on May 30, 2012 9:15:36 PM PDT
Emily Bronte says:
HarperCollins:

From the MWA Grand Master...

Book 1 of 13 in the Bernie Rhodenbarr Mysteries

Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block for $0.99

Posted on May 31, 2012 12:43:35 AM PDT
C. Stapleton says:
The Dark Glamour (666 Park Avenue) by Gabriella Pierce is $0.99, down from $9.99. Second book in a series. The first book, 666 Park Avenue: A Novel, is still $0.99 too.

Posted on May 31, 2012 2:45:04 AM PDT
I just got a notice from eReaderIQ that The House of Velvet and Glass is only $2,99 right now! That is according to Amazon a $23 price drop! According to my notes this book was $16.27 before but it is still a great deal!!
I 1-clicked it right away.

Posted on May 31, 2012 2:54:22 AM PDT
SueEllen says:
Michael Vey

Title: Michael Vey
Author: Richard Paul Evans
Starting Price: $9.99
Last Reported Price: $9.99
Current Price: $5.99

Posted on May 31, 2012 3:06:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 31, 2012 8:22:27 PM PDT]

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:42:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 5:13:17 AM PDT
D. Baker says:
Troop 13 mysteries published by Simon & Schuster. Pre-order for delivery July 17, 2012
List Price: $4.99

Mystery of the Haunted Cave (Troop 13 Mysteries) by Penny Warner $0.00

Mystery of the Missing Mustangs (Troop 13 Mysteries) by Penny Warner $0.00

I Can Read series from HarperCollins (for Kindle Fire)

Huff and Puff by Tish Rabe $0.00

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:49:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 4:57:52 AM PDT
D. Baker says:
I Live for This: Baseball's Last True Believer by Bill Plaschke $0.45
List Price: $14.95
Tommy Lasorda is baseball's true immortal and one of its larger than life figures. A former pitcher who was overshadowed by Sandy Koufax, Lasorda went on to a Hall of Fame career as a manager with one of baseball's most storied franchises. His teams won two World Series, four National League pennants, and eight division titles. He was twice named National League manager of the year and he also led the United States baseball team to the gold medal at the 2000 Summer Olympics.

Happy Days Were Here Again: Reflections of a Libertarian Journalist by William Buckley $1.12

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:51:43 AM PDT
D. Baker says:
B&N price match
The Eye of the Fry Cook: A Story About Getting Glasses (SpongeBob SquarePants) (Spongebob Squarepants (8x8)) by Erica David $1.99

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 5:07:56 AM PDT
Completely empty profile for this poster. The book has one five star sock puppet review. No thanks.

Posted on May 31, 2012 6:10:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 6:14:40 AM PDT
BadgerBAJ says:
Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Bernie Rhodenbarr) by Lawrence Block
Now $0.99 Was $7.99

The BF reads Lawrence Block, so I figured others might too.

BethJ

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Books Recently Kindlelized:

Forever Amber (Rediscovered Classics) by Kathleen Windsor. I read this when I was a kid, I love the movie with Linda Darnell.

A Handful of Dust by Evelyn Waugh. I don't think I will ever get the ending of this book out of my mind.

Both are $9.99

%%%%%%%%%
ETA -- Emily,did you go to the Stump and 'talk' to Heathcliffe?

I was always too afraid to go to a medium, but I did get a bit of a reading when I went to the Stump with a friend one day. Lily Dale is looking a bit seedy around the edges nowadays. They only encourage believers to buy the houses, and I guess there is not much money in Spiritualism anymore. Still, it's in a lovely area.

Posted on May 31, 2012 10:34:50 AM PDT
Prince of Stories: The Many Worlds of Neil Gaiman by Christopher Golden

Now: $6.99
Yesterday: $9.99

Publisher: St. Martin's Press; 1 edition (April 1, 2010)
Sold by: Macmillan

From School Library Journal
Adult/High School-Massively popular fantasy/horror writer Gaiman gets a critical treatment previously reserved for authors of the classics. It's doubtful that even the most avid fan couldn't learn something from this great work. Opening with an introductory biographical piece, the book also has a fascinating gem-an article Gaiman was hired to write in 1984 about Fantasycon VIII of the British Fantasy Society. The piece clearly displays the wit and storytelling ability that would later make him famous. His first published book was a "biography" of new-wave band Duran Duran, but what brought him fame was the writing of the "Sandman" series for DC Comics. Gaiman wrote 10 volumes of the series as well as a few spinoffs of this still frequently read classic. He also wrote quite a few other comics in this time period, and each one is given similar treatment to the "Sandman"-a plot synopsis, trivia, lists of important people and places, and a quote from Gaiman or about him. The novels, short stories, and scripts include the same information. Also included are interviews with artists and cowriters, and occasional photographs. The book ends with a lengthy interview, as well as one with his assistant. A must where Gaiman is popular.-Jamie Watson, Harford County Public Library, MD

Posted on May 31, 2012 11:45:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 11:45:31 AM PDT
Emily Bronte says:
HarperCollins:

Pre-order (delivery June 19th)

Thanks for the Memories with Bonus Excerpt by Cecelia Ahern for $0.99

For a limited time and a special price, you'll receive this edition of Thanks for the Memories: A Novel by Cecelia Ahern, the bestselling author of PS, I Love You, and receive a special sneak peek at her new novel, The Book of Tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 12:02:54 PM PDT
Emily Bronte says:
Sourcebooks:

This was priced at $1.99 when it was the 05/26 KDD. If you missed it then, it's still available for only a buck more!

God is an Englishman by R. Delderfield for $2.99

BethJ, Lily Dale is in a lovely area. I do recall walking to the Stump. One day a female medium came into the office to make a payment. As I was completing the transaction she suddenly tipped her head way back and a deep, booming male voice began "speaking through her." I was taken aback! My boss informed me in a matter-of-fact way that I was listening to Daisy, the medium's Indian guide. As I said, it was an interesting experience. ; )

Posted on May 31, 2012 12:45:00 PM PDT
Emily Bronte says:
HarperCollins:

YA

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening by L. J. Smith for $0.99

Posted on May 31, 2012 3:16:47 PM PDT
TwoTooth says:
Not Less Than Gods (Company)
by Kage Baker, publisher Tor

now $6.99, was $12.99 (note that the print version is at remainder pricing ($3.18), which--with the poor ratings--tells its own tale)

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:10:48 PM PDT
TravelingGal says:
Shadowglass: The Shadowfae Chronicles by Erica Hayes, dark urban fantasy. I loved the first one and have been waiting forever for this to drop from $9.99 to the current $6.99.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  983
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 368 customers

Search Customer Discussions