Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Australian kindle users thread

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9726-9750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 4:46:01 PM PDT
JJulieJ says:
Yes, CBP, that one looks perfect. Hey I spotted a neat little setup in Bunnings the other week, sort of BBQ prep area that you can plumb in so you have a sink and some bench space. I reckon it would fit nicely on the left of the BBQ especially since there's that tap on that side. And there's room for a decent-sized fridge in that corner of the covered part of the deck.

I'm glad we designed the place with such a huge deck, need lots of space for all our visitors ;-).

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 4:52:55 PM PDT
JJulieJ says:
Looks like a good story, Suncoast.

Couldn't resist buying even though I'm not supposed to be buying any more freebies for a while. Have to make exceptions for local authors though.

Hmmm, need to take that e-holiday soon, to get the Nora Roberts book.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 4:53:49 PM PDT
Discus49 says:
Weber Q's are terrific. I've got the middle size and a Weber meat thermometer. Worth every penny and easy to clean. Weber are up there with Amazon on after sales and warranty.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 4:58:57 PM PDT
KindleKate says:
@Discus49, I totally agree with you about the Weber Q's! We got one last year and we love it. I haven't had to use the warranty (touch wood). I hated our last BBQ because it always looked grubby and I hated cleaning it. With the Weber we just use the Weber metal brush on it when we've finished cooking the meat, and every so often wash down the outside - easy peasy! JJulieJ and CBP, can we get a Weber for the new house? Pleease?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 11:38:50 PM PDT
Discus49 says:
No, I haven't used the warranty either, but my old Weber, a flat top "classic " model is 15 years old and I broke a bit, e-mailed Weber and they sent the part free two days later. Amazon-like, eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 2:16:54 AM PDT
Thanks for the recomendation, Suncoast. Sounds terrific.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 4:26:08 AM PDT
Discus49 says:
Was it something I said, or did everyone just want an early night?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 4:35:54 AM PDT
Judsuw says:
Well, it is not Miss Fisher this week, maybe they are watching Silent Witness.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 4:43:18 AM PDT
Loz says:
I was catching up on one of the many tv shows I watch. :)

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 4:53:22 AM PDT
Discus49 says:
So I don't need to change my deodorant/toothpaste then?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 5:16:02 AM PDT
Judsuw says:
No, could be checking out BBQ's for the new place.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 8:05:32 AM PDT
Donna S says:
I read Horses Of The Sun (The Outback Riders) when it was fee last time. An enjoyable read for kids about a lifestyle not experienced by many families in Aus any more.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 3:50:32 PM PDT
Vico says:
I see Joanna's book The Doll Collection is free today.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 7:17:57 PM PDT
Tui Allen says:
Been varnishing and painting and my hands are all horrible with that turpentine and sandpaper feeling. Painting up my selling booth for the markets. It is gonna be amazing. Booked in to the Matamata market already. It's in a month's time. Might go to the Takapuna market next weekend first though.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 8:06:28 PM PDT
Tasstiger says:
A bit of news from UK.
One of the book shop owners at the annual Hay-on-Wye Book Festival has asked for kindles to be banned from the town. He said" Kindles have no soul, they are not sexy".

in contrast Waterstones Books -High Street bookshops-has just signed a deal with Amazon to stock kindles in their stores and provide wi-fi access as well as coffee! One writer described this as " putting the fox in the hen house'.

So, we kindlers are not always loved!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 8:12:03 PM PDT
Loz says:
Ha! You can dress them up though and make them sexy! Lets be honest - not everyone looks good without clothes on, kindles are no different.

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 8:16:14 PM PDT
Tasstiger says:
LOL I am going out this very minute to buy new clothes for my various kindles

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 10:58:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2012 10:59:06 PM PDT
Tui Allen says:
Mine looks great in her bikini. But of course she never gets it wet, the little minx.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 5:17:44 AM PDT
Carla.B says:
Hi everyone!
My boyfriend is an Australian author who has written an action adventure novel called 'Die By The Sword' set in Newcastle and ending in Bass Straight.
I was wondering whether I can link to the book on this forum? I know the Amazon rules are pretty strict about promoting titles, but it's a really good book and I wanted all the Aussies out there to know about it. What can I do without offending or upsetting regular readers of this thread...?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 10:15:00 AM PDT
Thanks, Vico.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 10:15:44 AM PDT
Hope all your hard work pays off, Tui.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 10:19:51 AM PDT
Fancy me living in the UK and having to get news from Australia! I've been to Hay-on-Wye, which is an amazing place. I guess that as a book shop owner he is frightned of what Kindle might do to his profits. Asking for a ban is quite comical though.

I did know about Waterstones, who certainly have the right idea.

Thanks for the post Tasstiger.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 10:21:33 AM PDT
Mine hasn't got a cover, but apparently covers make them look like real books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 5:00:35 PM PDT
JJulieJ says:
I think you've managed to let us know about Tony Moffit's book Die By The Sword (For Fans of Action Adventure) in a very discreet and appropriate manner, Carla.B. It sounds like a fun read so I've added it to my wish list.

And welcome to our Aussie thread. If you visit regularly you will notice that we have a few authors that pop in for a chat now and then. Maybe Tony would like to join us as well? Of course he can't post links to his own book on this forum but we're very good at picking up on veiled allusions from authors, and we're allowed to post links ;-).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 5:07:19 PM PDT
JJulieJ says:
They certainly do, Joanna. Hubby has one of the Oberon covers, the "da Vinci" style, that makes it look like a gorgeous old fashioned journal.

Waterstones have the right idea, but that other bookseller needs to pull his/her head out of the sand very quickly and come to grips with new technology and how to either cater for it or work around it.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Can't buy books through KIndle or PC??? 29 1 minute ago
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 680 9 minutes ago
How much does the Amazon Fire Stick cost per month to use? 64 12 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2738 13 minutes ago
Do you need WIFI to use Kindle Unlimited on my Kindle? 0 14 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2434 14 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 4826 14 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 4219 18 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9771 23 minutes ago
put my itunes on my echo 21 32 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  273
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 15, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions