Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

New free kindle books resource

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 296 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:09:28 AM PDT
Drummer Girl says:
This site is really nice. I like that the book descriptions are right next to the book and I don't have to click anything or hover my mouse and wait for the description to pop up. Much more convienent to have it right there! Thanks.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:43:50 AM PDT
Herbie says:
Thanks Drummer Girl :)

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:46:08 AM PDT
Herbie says:
Some more new features have been added today :

1. Shift-click for multiple genre filters
2. Select to filter by book length
3. Save and load filters to/from a browser cookie
4. Bookmark any filters

Coming soon :

1. Return of Smashwords
2. Choose your email format and more genres

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 12:32:59 PM PDT
Moggy K says:
Herbie,

Erotica is sneaking through the filter again. :(

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 1:14:09 PM PDT
Hi Moggy,

Can you Let me know where please.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:36:58 PM PDT
La' Bookchic says:
Herbie,

Have they fixed the problem with your emails automatically going to AOL spam? Mine is still going there. Thanks for your help and I love the layout of your site! =)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 7:18:23 AM PDT
Herbie says:
@La'Bookchic : We're getting there I think. AOL have something called an IP reputation and as our server is a new one, apparently it will take a little while before it is fully trusted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 7:55:43 AM PDT
Moggy K says:
I'm a little late responding and I don't see the issue today. But I used the filter "All Genres Except Erotica" and I had 2 erotica titles offered w/i the first 2 pages of the listings.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 8:02:44 AM PDT
Herbie says:
Hi Mog,

I did look after you posted and couldn't see anything glaringly obvious. It may be that you caught the books just as they came in, before the filters had run (we do the import, process the books and then tidy up afterwards).

If you spot anything again, give me a shout.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 8:16:50 AM PDT
Darryl says:
love your site! thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:31:53 AM PDT
Moggy K says:
Oh, okay. Close ups of bare buttocks are pretty glaring! lol

Looks good so far today - I've picked up a ton of books from your site in the last 2 days. I think my cloud is going to explode! :)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 9:35:26 AM PDT
saraf says:
Love the site and thanks for adding Smashwords back!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 11:24:43 AM PDT
Once again, thanks for all the great feedback.

Time to petition Amazon for more cloud storage :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 11:26:59 AM PDT
Love the site, Herbie! Just wanted to say I quite often see erotica slip through the ereaderiq filters as well...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 12:00:03 PM PDT
Moggy K says:
I don't use ereaderiq...

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 1:12:57 PM PDT
I think some of the erotica authors actually classify their books as something else as the primary category and erotica as a secondary which doesn't help matters.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 5:03:12 AM PDT
Moggy K says:
Are you saying that the system only looks at the first classification? That stinks.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 5:51:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 5:58:54 AM PDT
Herbie says:
Unfortunately Amazon don't always make the complete information available via their API, so no, not always.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 8:59:18 AM PDT
Thanks for mentioning this possibility...as a huge fan of what many Americans fondly term "Brit-lit," I too would be interested in checking out more UK authors especially in the mystery/detective genre. Must admit I'm not sure how I would identify them on this site other than searching one-by-one. Any thoughts on that Herbie?

Thanks much for creating such a helpful new site.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 9:27:09 AM PDT
Herbie says:
Hi Leapin'

That is quite tricky as Amazon don't include any data on the author's nationality. One thing I could suggest is going to KUF @ http://www.kuforum.co.uk and check out some of the forums. We have some cracking authors who participate regularly. There is also a UK version of dailyfreebooks.com there too which may help.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 11:56:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 11:57:06 AM PDT
LLL - I was interested in this too and as Herbie says, don't really think there's a workable filtering system for nationality. What's worked a bit for me in the past (lately I've seriously been cutting back on all free books) is to follow the daily freebie threads on the Amazon UK Kindle Forum, plus then I found the KUF forum UK website (Herbie's home base.) If I found an interesting UK amazon link, I just looked for the book on the .com site, and about 95% of the time it's offered free, or for sale, on both websites.

I also follow a few of the UK genre threads (thriller, mystery) and if I hear of something promising, put it on the ereaderiq list to see if the price drops, or if not, I just pick it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 6:12:01 PM PDT
In reply to both Herbie & MM: Merci ... I will do a bit of sleuthing myself.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:58:20 AM PDT
Herbie says:
Holey moley - 1033 new books today :O

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 3:42:44 AM PDT
Nice site!

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 9:41:08 AM PDT
Herbie says:
More improvements to http://www.dailyfreebooks.com today :

Select up to 15 of your preferred genres in your daily email
We've had a few requests for more than two custom genres in the daily email, so you can now choose up to 15 simply by ticking them. We've done our best to convert your old settings, but should you find that your emailer contains the incorrect genres, please go to manage my subscription and update your settings.

Choose your email format
You can now choose from 3 different formats for your email - the current style, a style with short descriptions or a style without cover images.

Improved subscription management
To make things easier, we've changed the way you manage your subscription. Now your settings are applied automatically without having to confirm them via email. For security reasons, you need to manage your account via an encrypted link which you will find at the bottom of all our mailers. Don't worry if you don't have one to hand - you can now request a link at any time via the manage subscription link from the main menu. We have also made it easier to cancel your subscription should you want to. Just go to manage your subscription and click the cancel button to stop all automated mailers.

We hope you are enjoying all the freebies!
If you are, why not tell your friends all about dailyfreebooks.com - you can share links to pages with the sharing buttons at the top of the page and also you can pin books straight to your pinterest account by clicking the Pin It button underneath books.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for the Original Kindle Paperwhite
0 Jul 1, 2015
Announcement
News: Kindle for Android app Update 4.13 Now Available
0 Jun 25, 2015
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 Jun 18, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Which Kindle is best for reading only? 68 29 seconds ago
Welcome To The Quirky Zoo! Home To Many Exotic and Everyday Creatures Including a Platypus! 4919 10 minutes ago
RAOK 82 has a spring in its step! 7232 10 minutes ago
I want the book I ordered July 9,2015. My credit card has been charged but I do not have the book, The Harbinger. 4 11 minutes ago
The Harbinger 2 12 minutes ago
Personal Videos on Freetime 53 16 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 3076 16 minutes ago
Book missing from my library. 1 18 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  54
Total posts:  296
Initial post:  May 24, 2012
Latest post:  May 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions