Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #2

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 7:35:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2012 7:58:24 AM PDT
Dix says:
Morning, Daisy. Good the pain pill gave you relief.

Speaking of Alcatraz. Check my profile today and see photo of DH (the chef) & me minutes after getting off the ferry from a trip around the island. Incredible winds that day, even for there. Doesn't seem like that was almost 30 years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 7:57:38 AM PDT
Dix says:
Doug, whaddaya mean "desperately needed R&R?" AGAIN? ALREADY?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:10:51 AM PDT
Miss M says:
Morning all,

Thanks for the tip, Pat, will check it out.
Looks like we had our rain during the night; beautiful, sunny, fall day today...

Only one from ereaderiq for me today:
Bad Blood (Seventh Book in the Rafferty and Llewellyn mystery series) - Geraldine Evans

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:12:23 AM PDT
Miss M says:
Glad to hear the pills are working out for you, GD.
So, did you have the birthday party with the new doll & her wardrobe yet, or is that this week?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:15:05 AM PDT
Miss M says:
Cute pic, Dix!
Man I miss the 80's...

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 8:34:04 AM PDT
Dix, you read something wrong on Baen's site. ALL of their books are available in Kindle format. I've been a regular user of their Free Library and paid titles for more than 10 years and have never had a problem.

I suspect that they've stopped updating their free library as frequently as they used to because they are now releasing so many free books on CD's. You can find a list of all the free CD's and download links here: http://cmbs.cnc.net/baen_free_cds.html

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:56:59 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
Yep, Dix. Again. Already. I've been running an intense training schedule going back over three weeks ago involving three ATC students about to enter the radar approach control phase of their training. The first week was a training class scenario with all three students. The following two weeks and all this week involve running simulated radar problems, one student per weeks and a minimum of two dozen scenarios per student.

I'm bushed.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:58:05 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
I concur with Miss Mitford. Great picture, Dix.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 9:09:16 AM PDT
Miss M says:
Hey Dix,
I forgot - also picked up this freebie today, might be up your alley:

ICEHOTEL - Hanna Allen

Also, I noticed there's a scandi-crime price drop on this month's $3.99/under lists - but it's got mixed reviews. Turns out I pre-ordered it a while back and it's lending enabled, so let me know if you ever feel like giving it a try.
Season of the Witch

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 9:15:14 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
I think he needs to rest up from his adventures with Ursala--that doesn't look correct...help, Doug... or maybe from retirement.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 9:51:05 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Peachy Pat......it's a rainy day in my part of GA, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 9:59:25 AM PDT
Foggy Ms says:
I'm in San Francisco, Russian Hill. And I've been here since 1985. Never been to Alcatraz Island either. Ah, we natives. Yes, lets get together Carol. We can go to Coit Tower and send Doug photos. AHHHH
All our favorite Sushi spots are no where near the dock. Give me another day and I'll put out the word and your location. Maybe the Ferry Building. I'm checking.
Add to the extras of Blue Angels, Fleet Week, you will be here for the last days of the Oct 2-7 Americas Cup Regatta. Finals in Aug. Why leave the ship? The bay should be amazing. 11 yachts in full sail.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:08:55 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
Avid: Ursa is Latin for "Bear" (think Ursa Major and Ursa Minor). Ursula would thus be a little female bear. And, true to her name, she certainly is cuddly cute.

But not before her first cup of coffee, in which case she can be a real bear.

Just kidding.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 10:29:30 AM PDT
Foggy Ms says:
Doug:
Check out Delica in the Ferry Bldg. www.delicasf.com simple and inexpensive and close by with the extra treat of being in the Ferry Building, one of the best spots in San Francisco to get a real flavor of SF food. I try to hit the Saturday Market when ever I can. Google Ferry Building San Francisco.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 11:36:56 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
IF only you had told me that she was a 'bear' I would surely have known how to spell it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 1:01:59 PM PDT
C.J. says:
CUTE picture, Dix. Wish I looked like that!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 1:07:33 PM PDT
C.J. says:
Doug, is the "radar approach control" what you guys do when my guy "flys the approach"? He does this periodically to keep his skills up.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 1:18:43 PM PDT
C.J. says:
Joanne, we could do that. I never go to the City unless I am showing someone around. I get lost up there! And the traffic and one-way streets are such a mess. I did go up twice last week. Once to take my GS to Golden Gate Park where we walked around the Japanese Tea Garden and the arboritum and a couple of days later to spend the day at the Exploratorium, where I hadn't been since my GS's mom was in college. Back then (25 yrs ago) we used to go to the Exploratorium regularly. It's my favorite place in the City.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 1:34:37 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Whew!! Just made it thru the posts. Man y'all have been busy.
Daisy, glad you aren't working such long hours. The body needs a rest once in awhile.
Doug, sounds like you have had an intense few weeks- enjoy your R&R.
Sandra, thanks again for starting this new post.
Hello and welcome to all our new BAAAers!! You will see we have fun here ♫.
I will get Lala aboard soon. I'll catch her tonite on Chat.
I can't remember everything I read - so when I get on computer (I'm on iPod) ill reply to individual ones.
The trip from Winnemucca to KM went well, just long. 11 hours on the road. Got here in Cali at 6:30pm last nite. Unpacking & Wasing clothes.
Catch ya all later - Again welcome all the New BAAAers!! Enjoy the journey!! ♫

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 2:12:33 PM PDT
R. Doug says:
Not exactly, Carol. When you hubby "flies an approach" for practice, he's maintaining currency for his Instrument Flight Rules Rating (his "license" to fly in Instrument Meteorlogical Conditions or, more simply put, flying by instruments in low-visibility conditions). As an approach controller, we clear aircraft for those approaches, but we also work aircraft flying under visual flight rules and we work departing aircraft to put them on course and hand them off to the en route centers.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 2:50:53 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
AR, thank you the trip went very well. Not even a close call. Isn't it fun to see where folks are and from. I've learned alot of Geography from all my BAAAer family. ♥

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 2:53:06 PM PDT
Lala says:
Hey Dix how are you thanx for the heads up I have several of Scott Nicholson, just have to get to reading them. :-) Well you have a nice day, gotta get to posting others as I have been busy and neglectful sorry to say. Good tm hear from you Dix. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 3:00:35 PM PDT
Lala says:
Hey Carol I am back YAHOO, been busy and quite honestly neglectful; sorry gang I am fine and missed you all!! Have a nice day. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 3:04:34 PM PDT
C.J. says:
Thanks Doug. What got you interested in becoming an ATC? It seems to me you have to know at least as much as someone actually flying. What do you think of the Kings? DH told me they have every possible rating there is. Heck, I'm lucky to have a driver's license! Actually our dog has one too. A driver's license, that is.

If you go to Inthecompanyofdogs.com you can get a license for your dog for any state in the U.S. It looks just like one for people. It comes in full size and one smaller to go on the dog's collar. We first got one for our dog when SF was talking about allowing illegals to vote in school board elections. We figured if illegals can vote, our dog can drive.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 3:06:43 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Welcome Folina - I would say that BAAAers are really awesome!! hee hee :~) Have a great day!! Where are you? I didn't remember reading that.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions